main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Chic, IL 'Dear Friends: Music from Final Fantasy' concert in Rosemont!

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by shwanzi, Dec 17, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shwanzi

shwanzi Jedi Youngling star 3

May 25, 2002
    At the E3 games convention held this past summer there was an exclusive concert held by Nobuo Uematsu, who has composed the music for ALL the games in the Final Fantasy series of role-playing games. It sold out in three days and was a big hit.

Due to the popularity of that concert it's now become a tour, and it comes to the Rosemont Theatre on February 19, 2005. Tickets are still available on Ticketmaster.com and general seating is $33.

I for one was excited at the prospect of this type of a concert (I'm still waiting for a Hans Zimmer concert to happen) and have already purchased my tickets.

Anyone else planning on attenting?

2. darthgoat

darthgoat Jedi Master star 4

Sep 6, 2001
    I'm considering it.

I heard great things about the other concert.

3. Bosh_Talk

Bosh_Talk Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 29, 2000
    It's just not the same without the sound effects.

4. TheExecutor

TheExecutor Jedi Master star 3

Nov 8, 2002
    Anything concerning FF is great; do you have any idea what themes are going to be played? I would love to here the them to FF7 and FF10 as well as FFX2 I would say that they may be my all time favorite FF theme?s.

5. shwanzi

May 25, 2002
    I can't be sure about what exactly they're going to play, but I am positive that the concert will open with the main theme for FF8, Liberi Fatali. I just hope that they play that death metal-ish theme from the final fight in FFX.

6. darthgoat

darthgoat Jedi Master star 4

Sep 6, 2001
    If you like the FF music you should check out The Black Mages.

http://www.ffhybrid.net/mp3/mp3s.php

search for Black Mages on the page.

In a nutshell it is Nobou Uematsu doing all music from all the games in a rock format. Uematsu is the composer of all the FF music and has been quite influential in the western world as well. Its good stuff for sure.

If I had time and money I'd goto the concert but sadly I have neither.

7. shwanzi

May 25, 2002
    HOLY CRAP! The concert was friggin awesome! Sure it was a flat out geek convention, but I'm not complaining... I LOVED EVERY MINUTE OF IT! Nobuo Uematsu is a damned genius and his music from the games sounded amazing coming from a full orchestra. Would I go see it again if it came back to town... you bet!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.