main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Idaho Debate - Which is your personal Favorite the O.T. or the P.T.

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by cmdrwillard, Oct 30, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cmdrwillard

cmdrwillard Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 6, 2003
    I sort of got this debate idea from the Oregon fan Force forums.

To my point, I would like to know how everyone feels about these to great, yet different trilogys.

I know most of you will say they are the same and all one story, but as i know from one of you, this is not the case. This is a debate forum so feel free to state your opinions as you will.

My personal feeling, and the fact that I am 31 years old, that I may just like the OT a little more. Its not that they are better movies or anything like that, but the fact that I saw them in the theaters in my childhood and I relate to them better because I can still remember the excitement the day I saw Return of the Jedi and saw the redemption scene of Anakin Skywalker for the first time. Still the most powerful scene I have ever scene in a movie (although a few in the upcoming Return of the King may change that). I guess I grew up in the movie age where special effects sere still relatively new. Although I am not complaining in the advancements of the new films either.

I imagine some of you youngsters would like the PT better because you have grown up with movies with slick special effects and such. Remember Qui Gonn when I tried to get you to watch an early 80's fantasy movie and you said it was to hokey for you? There is something to be said for the things you grow up with and how it effects one's opinions.

The PT is not complete yet, so it is hard to make final judgement. The Jar Jars, romance, and everything eles have their place as they move the story along. the characters of Obi Wan, Padme and Anakin are incredible and add a whole new dimension to what we know in the OT. I think Episode 3 will be the deciding factor on how great the PT really is.

Star Wars as a whole is great and we all appreciate each film one way or another. I know we all have one we really like, mine being ESB.

Star Wars is one big story with six great episodes (and if the rumors prove true, maybe more) and I know we all enjoy them or we would be trekkies (gag!!!!!).

Just remember that a Bad Star Wars movie (NO SUCH THING) is better then any Paulie Shore movie (no offense to Mr. Shore's die hard fans, if there is such a thing)!!!

2. QUIGONJINN02

QUIGONJINN02 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 29, 2003
    It's like you said, I think they are all awesome...I truly do. It doesn't matter which one I'm watching, I still get sweaty palms and have to turn up the volume really loud. So it's hard for me to debate this kind of thing, because I think the main problem with so many fans for so many years now has been this ongoing debate as to which set of movies is better. I just think that's silly to debate something like this because I used to do it all the time after TPM came out, and it's almost like arguing religion, it only goes in circles. So my mind is made up. If you don't like the prequels, all the more power to you. If you do, that's great to. All I know is, as long as your a SW fan of somekind, your cool with me. But Trekkies...they get no sympathy...sorry!

3. cmdrwillard

cmdrwillard Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 6, 2003
    That's why its called a debate, its a chance to say what you want to say. And I totally agree, no sympathy for trekkies at all.

4. JarJarGetsaBadRap

JarJarGetsaBadRap Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 4, 2003
    I feel like the O.T. and the P.T. are both very good. I would have to say that the O.T. is a little more flat and aged though. I know I wasn't around for them in the theaters and all of that. But as much as people whine about Jar Jar, and the bad writing of the prequels, I feel you should look at the Originals a little closer.

I agree with Qui Gonn and you that we are all Star Wars fans and that there really is no such thing as a bad Star Wars movie.

5. QUIGONJINN02

Mar 29, 2003
    I agree with that to. People say there was "flat" dialouge in the AOTC. But look at the originals..."I love you." "I know." Isn't that rather simple and flat? Don't get me wrong, I like it that way. But there's no difference between this and the AOTC. The main scene people bash is the fireplace scene. I admit, Anakin is no romeo, and is "desperate" for Padme', but I think that's the point. I was also impressed by the foreshadowing of this scene. "I can't breath." That's cool. He won't be breathing once he's Vader, a machine will do it for him. And the fact that they say there being together will destroy them is pivotal. That's what makes the end of this movie so cool. It's the perfect bitter-sweet ending. They love one another and marry, but it will destroy them. And then you have the massive clone army coming around with that Imperial march playing...boy that gave me goosebumps. From my understanding, most people liked the AOTC better than TPM...mostly because of Jar Jar. But if you look past his part, or try to actually enjoy it, TPM is really a great movie. I can't give a reason as to why I loved it when it hit the screens, but when I first saw it, I was completely blown away! I love the music, the story, the adventure and the characters. I love SW all together and that's why I'm glad to be PR in the NBO. SW rulz!

6. GeneralAntillies111

GeneralAntillies111 Jedi Youngling

Nov 7, 2003
    I would just like to weigh in on this subject. I think that the two trilogys are great and should not be judged becuase in reality they are one story in six parts. It would be like judgeing which "Clone War" cartoon is better when we have seen them all.

I love the Star Wars movies and don't think that they should be judged seperately. Thats just my opinion.

7. QUIGONJINN02

Mar 29, 2003
    Couldn't have said it better myself. That's exactly how I feel about it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.