main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Development/Script/Archive threads on the Saga forum

Discussion in 'Communications' started by Darth_Nub, Nov 5, 2012.

1. Darth_Nub

Darth_Nub Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 26, 2009
    Just a quick suggestion/request for some of the threads on the Saga forum which relate to the more in-depth discussions regarding the development of the SW Saga - would it be possible to attach a tag to them (e.g. Saga Development), similar to the tags in the Episode VII forum which identify a thread as 'Speculation' or 'Official Info'?

I know there's only a relatively small handful of members at the moment who contribute to these discussions regularly, but it would be a shame for such threads to get somewhat lost among threads dealing with in-universe chat & debates (and the usual flame wars), as it could prevent newer members interested in behind-the-scenes details from getting involved.

The creation of the Episode VII forum has effectively shifted the inevitable hysteria into its own particular space, which I'm very grateful for, but with so much attention being focused on the upcoming new films, I'd hate for any serious discussions about what came before, and just how it happened, from dying away.
    Apart from shameless bumps of such threads, about the only thing I could see working would be tagging them as separate & drawing attention in the forum rules to them being separate.

Thanks guys, and thanks to the CT/Saga mods who have already shown a great deal of support to such ongoing discussions.

2. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    I've left a note in MS for the Saga mods to check this thread.

3. halibut

halibut Ex-Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 27, 2000
    I have no objection with a tag to signify more serious and in-depth discussion. A "saga senate" if you will. Especially with the inevitable increase in traffic. Not a fan of the name "Saga development" though. Needs something snappier :p

4. darthhelinith

darthhelinith Force Ghost star 6

Feb 10, 2009
    Saga Studies?
    In-depth Saga?
    Saga In-depth?

5. Darth_Nub

Apr 26, 2009
    Behind the Scenes?

TOSCHESTATION likes this.
  6. Lt.Cmdr.Thrawn

Lt.Cmdr.Thrawn Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 23, 1999
    -History
    -Studies
    -Archaeology
    -Behind the Scenes
    -Creative Process

(I like them all but I think Archaeology and Creative Process are the most fun. It certainly feels like archaeology to me.)

TOSCHESTATION likes this.
  7. Darth_Nub

Apr 26, 2009
    I like 'Creative Process' & 'Studies'. 'Behind the Scenes' works, too. Between the three, I think it's covered. Hmm...

'Archaeology' would be fun, but it might be a bit confusing for new members, who we should be attracting to the threads. Same with 'History' - could imply in-universe backstories which include EU.

I don't think we should overthink it. My vote's split between 'Creative Process' and 'Behind the Scenes' so far.

'Behind the Scenes' might also prompt some discussions about the actual film production (sets, FX, cinematography etc), which don't tend to come up very often, but should. It doesn't have to be just about the scripts.

8. TOSCHESTATION

TOSCHESTATION Jedi Master star 4

Jan 17, 2003
    Hi, all...

I like "Archaeology" and "History" as titles. "Creative Process" too. I can't seem to decide which I think would work best....[face_thinking]