main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Did anybody else Cry?

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith' started by Darth-Notorious, May 19, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DARTHLINK

DARTHLINK Force Ghost star 4

Feb 24, 2005
    (Did you save it yet, Darth-Notorious?)

I don't know why, but i feel as if i don't have any sympathy to the Jedi at all, nor any anger or hatred to Anakin. I only got choked up ONCE during my countless seeing this movie. Do i just not know enough about the Jedi to feel anything for them? Or perhaps i'm a Sith? after all, i am "Darth Link".

However, i do feel disturbed when Anakin goes to kill the younglings. I often have to look away when that happens.

2. JediMasterKenobi07

JediMasterKenobi07 Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 21, 2005
    I cry when Padme' dies.

3. Cryogenic

Cryogenic Force Ghost star 5

Jul 20, 2005
    I don't think this film is enough to make me cry. If I've ever said otherwise, I was probably exaggerating. But every exaggeration is built on some vestige of truth. And the truth is that Revenge of the Sith does make the pulse quicken and the eyes twinge (and no - I don't just mean General Grievous' lightsabre strobe effect :p). The Order 66 montage and Anakin's immolation and subsequent re-birth as Vader are very moving. The Ruminations sequence and various other parts of the film - especially Mace's death - also have very stirring qualities to them.

Only a handful of films have ever deeply moved me, though. The crown goes to a 1982 film called Sophie's Choice. You have not seen acting until you have seen that film. Period.

4. Obi-Twice-Kenobi

Obi-Twice-Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 30, 2003
    Did anybody else Cry?

No. Why would i do that?

5. darthboyd25

darthboyd25 Jedi Youngling

Nov 8, 2005
    i cried when anakin found out that padme was and palp lied and said he did it also at the jedi massacre when ki adi was killed because the jedi were friends with the clones and then the clones shot them in the back and the most painfull part was they trusted them.also at the anakin and obi-wan part when anakin was burned and at the part where anakin gets the suit but that was because of ecitement because he finally dawned the suit that hadent appereared on screen for 20 some odd years and the history bein made.also at padme's funeral the music really backed up the emotions. i was sad because padme died she was really beutifuli also cried when obi-wan gave luke to beru. and when the mask was put on vader and he took that first breath that was emotinial

6. JaggedFel568

JaggedFel568 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 31, 2005
    I cried tears of joy at the opening title--

"STAR WARS
    Episode III
    REVENGE OF THE SITH"

I didn't stop until the coolness of the Boys into Battle scene
    hit me.

I also cried during the "I have failed you, Anakin" scene.

7. Jedi_Cyana

Jedi_Cyana Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 1, 2002
    I shrieked when Anakin turned on his lightsaber at the poor wittle Jedi youngling.

And I cried during Order 66. So sad. :(

8. 1701

1701 Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 18, 2003
    I didn't cry but I was saddened by Padme's death. I could have cared less about Anakin...

9. vaders_cape

vaders_cape Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 23, 2005

Strangely enough Luke and Leia's themes as the wee things were handed over prompted a well of emotion from me, as did the slaughter of the Jedi's.

Padme's death didn't affect me - I was too busy being annoyed at how the birth of the twins and her death had been handled as well as marvelling at the smallness of her pregancy bump. :mad:

10. Haynesworth

Haynesworth Jedi Youngling

Dec 5, 2005
    I was sad when Anakin had his limbs cut off, and he says "I hate you!" and Obi-Wan goes "You were my brother Anakin. I loved you." But I didn't cry.

11. DarkPrince

DarkPrince Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 10, 2005
    I would have to be admit that I teared up a bit towards the end. I got especially teared up when Yoda dropped his cane sensing that Order 66 was being executed and the Jedi were being killed. I also got emtional during Anakin vs. Ob-Wan as awesome as it was. Then I got teared up when Obi-Wan was yelling at Anakin at the end of the fight and Anakin yelled back at Obi saying he hates him an all. I still get choked up everytime I see that part.

I also got shivers down my spine when Vader (in suit) made his first mechanical breathe. The theature was dead silent, it was awesome.

12. RamRed

RamRed Jedi Master star 4

May 16, 2002
    I had cried on and off during the movie's last half hour.

13. woodlebert1

woodlebert1 Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 17, 2005
    real men dont cry

14. DarthJiangWei

DarthJiangWei Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 3, 2005
    Icried at order 66 and the I hate you part and the binary suns. Also when Yoda fell. ROTS is the only movie thats ever made me cry. Not even Titanic made me cry. Hell, compared to ROTS, Titanic is a frickin comedy.

15. woodlebert1

Feb 17, 2005
    i didnt cry. im a man. real men dont cry

16. sithrules70

sithrules70 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 28, 2005
    you are a man, we get it, lets move on [face_tired]

17. woodlebert1

Feb 17, 2005
    ive never cried

18. Ani_Lover

Ani_Lover Jedi Master star 4

Dec 15, 2005
    I cried when Anakin killed the younglings, I cried through Order 66, I cried when Anakin burns and Obi says " you were the Chosen One" and when Anakin screamed "I HATE YOU!" I cried when Padme died, I cried when the twins were taken to Alderaan and Tatooine. I cried pretty much through the last half of the movie. Pretty sad stuff.

19. TheCRZA

TheCRZA Jedi Padawan star 4

May 29, 2005
    I cried when Anakin cried in the council chamber because
    I knew what was about to go down and I hated to see
    it happen to Anakin, even though it was inevitable.

I cried when Obi Wan and Yoda fight outside the temple
    just out of the sheer beauty of the scene.

I cried at Anakin's I hate you line.

I cried when Obi Wan finally falls apart after Anakin
    is cut up.

Jeez, I'm a wee girl.

But then again, after all these years, I still get teary eyed in ROTJ
    when Luke throws his lightsaber down and
    declaims that he's a Jedi, like his father before him.

20. darth_frared

darth_frared Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 24, 2005
    we hear ya. :rolleyes:

21. dark_jedi_order

dark_jedi_order Jedi Youngling

Jun 3, 2005
    I cried when Anakin cried in the council chamber because
    I knew what was about to go down and I hated to see
    it happen to Anakin, even though it was inevitable.

I cried when Obi Wan and Yoda fight outside the temple
    just out of the sheer beauty of the scene.

I cried at Anakin's I hate you line.

I cried when Obi Wan finally falls apart after Anakin
    is cut up.

Yeah, me too. All except Obi-Wan/Yoda fighting together ouside the temple.

The thing that really got me is when Obi-Wan delivers Luke to Owen and Beru. The imagery is perfect. Great blend of memory and emotion.

22. Bowen

Bowen Force Ghost star 5

Sep 6, 1999
    I'm like 6+ months late here, haha, but I disagree. I found it very sad because during ROTS I kept thinking of the little boy from TPM, who was so enthusiastic and compassionate (pod race, did you see this part? lol), and it was sad just thinking how much he had changed and how his path had changed.

23. adamlee

adamlee Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 12, 2004
    I teared up when Vader asked about Padme.Truly tragic.And in response to the "real men don't cry" comment,leave the Alpha -Male/caveman speech at the door.It is okay to cry.

24. DarthSidious13

DarthSidious13 Jedi Youngling

Dec 26, 2005
    I didn't cry, but that scene where the Jedi youngling asked Anakin what they should do, and Anakin frowned as he raised his lightsaber was really sad, and cruel.

25. Jedi_Momma

Jedi_Momma Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 1, 2005
    I didn't cry but I came really close when I first heard Obi say - "I failed you, Anakin; I have failed you." and "Don't try it!" Those were instances of Obi "The Parent" talking and I admit it - it really choked me up.:_|

Oh, and when Padme told Ani about the baby; I got a lump in my throat.

Hmmm - I see a theme here. Those kids of mine have really cramped my style. o_O

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.