main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

PT Did Hayden do a good job as Anakin?

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by Rotticus, Oct 25, 2012.

1. CloneTrooperFox

CloneTrooperFox Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 27, 2013
    Anakin never calls her snips anymore. :(

Darth Chiznuk likes this.
  2. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
  3. CloneTrooperFox

Jan 27, 2013
    Anakinfansince 1983... This question is A little off topic but not really. What is your personal opinion on what happens to ahsoka when the clone wars comes to and end? Do you think she will get killed??

4. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    Good one. And I'm not sure. On the one hand I think if she were killed, Anakin or Palpatine would probably mention it at least once in ROTS. "I won't lose you the way I lost my mother and Ahsoka." I also think that her being killed would exacerbate Anakin's fear of loss, which I could see playing into his behavior in ROTS but again, he never mentions her. So she has to disappear in a way that Anakin feels no need to mention her again.

I'm leaning towards either she turns to the Dark Side or otherwise leaves the Order in such a way that Anakin isn't pissing and moaning over it.

5. sg1A

sg1A Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 20, 2013
    I don't know if i ever liked the idea of Anakin having a padawan. But maybe he ends up getting her killed bc of his reckless behavior and lack of restraint. I also think alot of things with Anakin could have been prevented and adressed that would have possibly prevented his turn to the dark side. As for Hayden when i first watch AOTC i thought that he was a sucky actor but then he grew on me and made a comeback with ROTS and when i read the books i pictured Hayden as Anakin.

kainee likes this.
  6. Sistros

Sistros Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 24, 2010
    can't remember if i've posted here or not,

might have done:

but to me he's a mix bag,

he seems to be able to do raw emotions quite good

however his delivery in a lot of his lines leaves a lot to be desired,

I think with more direction he could have been better, but he wasn't awful either,

CloneTrooperFox likes this.
  7. 16AndPregnant

16AndPregnant Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 19, 2013
    If they did that then they would turn her into some crazy dark side bxxch that goes into hiding for a billion years (kinda like Obi-Wan or even Maris Brood, and they use this for a reason for her absence in the OT) and they use her in the Sequel Trilogy.

8. Slowpokeking

Slowpokeking Jedi Master star 5

Sep 21, 2012
    TCW clearly is having difficulty to decide Ahsoka's fate, she has no place in EP III but kill her would upset many viewers, turning her to the Dark Side is not much better.

9. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    Please no.

BoromirsFan and Darth Chiznuk like this.
  10. 16AndPregnant

16AndPregnant Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 19, 2013
    She could be some Lady of the Sith or something like that (a Dark Jedi or someone going for that position of Sith Lady) while trying to protect her former mentor's name, while the other half of the Imperial Remnant want to move forward and start fresh from from Palpatine and Vader's Galactic Empire. For some reason this actually doesn't sound like that bad of an idea. Maybe because I have a completely different image of Ahsoka than the rest of you probably do since I don't watch that cartoon.

11. fett 4

fett 4 Chosen One star 5

Jan 2, 2000
    Lol not only her but when the camera switches back to Hayden he looks so stoned it's kinda funny and have the "Im so in love, no no Im so in love with you" lines more sense ;)

I often wondered about him doing it on purpose, especially after seeing the making off TPM doc and the casting decision for Anakin (leaving aside that he shouldn't have been 9 anyway), that other kid quite clearly nailed the part yet he went with Jake Lloyd o_O

12. Ambervikings91

Ambervikings91 Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 1, 2012
    I didn't really enjoy his performance in ep 2, I did like him in ep 3 though, he was alright

13. CloneTrooperFox

Jan 27, 2013
    I love all of the hate everyone has on hayden performing as anakin. Just watched I II and III this week. I must just enjoy the fact that it is star wars and do not mind him at all. Shame on me for enjoying what most of you all call a bad actor and bad movies. Better raise my standards and just not even bother giving episode VII a chance.

kainee and Darth Chiznuk like this.
  14. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR Force Ghost star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    The dude's a bad actor. He can't even buy a role nowadays. But I have to say this: at least his acting didn't ruin the Prequels for me.

15. Garrett Atkins

Garrett Atkins Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 11, 2013
    Yeah, you could do better!

16. Darth_Pevra

Darth_Pevra Chosen One star 6

May 21, 2008
    Nah. Carbonite and Anakin will think she's dead (he probably can't feel her in the Carbonite). Then she is thawed out in the Dark Times for a new animation series.

17. fett 4

fett 4 Chosen One star 5

Jan 2, 2000
    Whether he could or he couldn't what relevance does that have on his opinion on Hayden's acting

18. Avnar

Avnar Force Ghost star 4

Sep 20, 2007
    Some of the worst (If not worst) acting I have ever seen. I'm not just saying that -I really can't watch the prequels because of him...

19. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

Jun 8, 2002
    And it isn't just Christensen. Lloyd was a bad cast, too. And again, like I said, he can't buy a role nowadays.

20. anakin-the-chosen-one

anakin-the-chosen-one Jedi Master

Feb 17, 2013
    I can't imagine any other actor playing adult Anakin, he fit the role so well in my opinion, and his chemistry with Ewan McGregor was amazing. :)

kainee, lbr789 and Darth Chiznuk like this.
  21. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

Jun 8, 2002
    Don't get me wrong, I don't hate the guy. There are moments of sincere acting. I just feel he could have done better, but I'm not sure he could've. e.g. Some of his scenes seemed overacted, or not acted properly to fit the moment. This is the crux of what a good actor can and cannot do. It could be many things, such as having a natural whiny voice, or cannot convey true emotion when called for, or it could be he just doesn't look and therefore fit the role.

I'm what you would call a film buff because that's all I watch (I don't watch tv shows much, besides a few) and I feel there are many actors who can't act but somehow can when it's a particular role that fits him. That being said, either Hayden sold himself short when playing Anakin (which I don't think he did), or he just wasn't cut out for the part in the first place (which I think is the case).

Bottom line is, they should have gone with someone else. Lloyd, too.

22. fett 4

fett 4 Chosen One star 5

Jan 2, 2000
    To be fair,to Hayden, both Portman (oscar winner) and Jackson are highly regarded yet came out of the PT with damaged reps
    When you have Lucas lines/direction and just a blue screen to work with, it can be difficult.

23. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

Jun 8, 2002
    Oh, I agree. The blue screen did affect the performances. Especially the eye contact and whatnot.

24. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    Actually his last film role was in 2010 (Takers) not that long ago and he has three films that he's attached to. One that is supposed to come out this year (Outcast). Obviously he is not an A-list star but I would say he has a pretty healthy career.

25. Placeholder

Placeholder Jedi Master star 4

Jan 30, 2013
    Well, you can't get a piece of wood because they don't get SAG cards, so he's got that market cornered :p