main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Did the information released by Lucasfilm give you an accurate impression on how the movie might be?

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith (Non-Spoilers)' started by Billy_Dee_Binks, May 19, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Billy_Dee_Binks

Billy_Dee_Binks Force Ghost star 4

Mar 29, 2002
    Having seen the Web Documentaries and the TV Ads it IMO showed a couple of things that were rather different in the movie.

Like Tion Meddon. He got a whole Web Documentary dedicated to him and yet he is a really minor role with even less screen presents than Dexter Jettster, Poggle The Lesser or the Kaminoans for example.

Also, maybe this was just me but weren't the battles awfully short?
    It seemed like the Battle of Coruscant was no longer than ten minutes at best before it got inside the Invisible Hand and the Wookie Battle seemed no longer than five minutes.

We already got to see most of Chewbacca's and Tarful's shots in the ads, trailers and documentaries as well, I believe.

Four armed Grievous lost two of his hands after only a minute or so.

I also thought the "Lord Vader?" "Yes Master." "Riiiise" would be included in the film.

I didn't expect C-3PO to say "Oh no!" in reaction to the memory wipe. It was a lot of fun, though.

The shots of Padmé lying on the ground when Anakin and Obi Wan start their duel made me believe Anakin had used his Lightsaber on her just before by stabbed her in the chest. Yeah, I did write that theory off after a while as the twins probably wouldn't have survived this.

Yoda knocking out the Red Royal Guards- I thought he would use his Lightsaber on them. Clever and with a much funnier turnout he didn't, though.

I hoped we would actually see Qui-Gon Jinn for a moment. As in the Art of Episode III: Revenge Of The Sith book he appears as a Force Spirit during the scene in which Obi Wan in hiding in a cave on Utapau after he had taken a dive in order to escape. Oh well, the mentioning of his character was cool enough.

Amazing movie still. I just thought these things would be a little different. If I had stayed completely spoiler free I would have gone in with no information at all- which would have been an interesting approach.
    So yes, to those of you who were familiar with all the Officially released material- did you expect some things to be different?

2. Lexi

Lexi Jedi Master star 4

Oct 9, 2002
    I also thought the "Lord Vader?" "Yes Master." "Riiiise" would be included in the film.

It was, but not in the way it is in the trailer.
    Sidious says: "Lord Vader, can you here me" whereupon Vader answers "Yes, Master" The "rise"-line is delivered by Sids just after he has named Anakin Darth Vader. The lines have just been edited together in the trailer (I guess.)

EDIT: To answer the thread's question: no. I knew it was going to be very dark and sad, but it didn't occur to me that it would actually be painful to watch certain scenes.

3. spaceace27

spaceace27 Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 16, 2004
    I can't say that any amount of publicity or words could have prepared me for how dark and depressing that actually was.

4. Billy_Dee_Binks

Mar 29, 2002
    I'm not talking about the overall movie, rather details or how you thought things would play out with the material given.

5. Count_Pooku

Count_Pooku Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 9, 2004
    I agree with the first post on many aspects. Wookies were too brief - FANTASTIC - but way too brief. First shot of theatrical trailer - CUT.
    Shot of naboo ship leaving Mustafar - CUT.
    Any other cut scenes in the trailers???
    Mon Mothma - She gets an actions figure, but ISN'T IN THE MOVIE!!! Her action figure even has an explanation about her role in the movie - but the scene obviously gets cut. (Hope it shows up on the DVD)
    Suited Vader's presence in most promotional material was HUGE but screen time was VERY short! In fact most of the Wookies and Vader's suit scenes were in the ads and trailers.
    (By the way was it James Earl Jones doing the voice or Hayden?)

6. Billy_Dee_Binks

Mar 29, 2002
    So....how many minutes of the Battle of Coruscant and the Kashyyyk Battle are getting shown? Did anyone take a look at his watch? :p
    Okay, I'm not expecting anyone to take his eyes off the screen just to find out. :)
    Let's estimate it, shall we?
    I believe it was around ten minutes of space battle and five of Kashyyyk ground battle. But I was really distracted by the ignorant audience (as you can read in the Theater Problems thread), so I am probably off.

7. Freedom_Fighter

Freedom_Fighter Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 14, 2005
    pretty much most of the main events happened in the same order that i had thought they would, but most of the scenes were actually much different than i expected. i hate it when that happens too, cuz then when stuff i expect to happen doesn't happen i feel disappointed, now matter HOW good the stuff that actually happened was. i gotta, like, startin makin myself ignore everything i hear about movies until i actually see them. that makes for a better movie-going experience.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.