main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion Director: check. What major news are you next looking forward to?

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by Darth_Articulate, Jan 27, 2013.

1. newforce

newforce Jedi Padawan

Jan 31, 2013

I somewhat disagree overall. Yes this new trilogy will be original and will introduce a new cast. I also believe it basically close the anakin/luke story as we currently know it. However with Disney, I could see them eventually with the right scripts putting movies and other media projects forward that use the EU as inspiration. We can't have things like the thrawn trilogy now because the original cast is to old to make it believable and we as fans want the original cast to be apart of this in some way. However once this new triology is complete with the handover to that new cast taking that part of the story forward, I could see disney come in down the road with a rebooted "original cast" and do some of those projects like thrawn or something based off of thrawn.

2. Darth kRud

Darth kRud Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 1, 2012
    The identity of the protagonist and antagonist.

3. Darth_Articulate

Darth_Articulate Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 1, 2012
    Anybody doing research on domain names? I remember the first news about the names Darth Maul and Darth Sidious came from the discovery of darthmaul.com and darthsidious.com being registered domain names with Lucasfilm.

4. EviL_eLF

EviL_eLF Force Ghost star 5

Mar 16, 2003
    I want to start to hear about casting. With Abrams at the helm, plot is likely a LONG ways off of getting any real info. Casting we will likely start to hear about in the next coming months.

KevinM1 likes this.
  5. thesevegetables

thesevegetables Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 11, 2012
    Soundtrack!
    And WTH THE STORY IS ABOUT. I don't think casting can be started before the script is completed.

6. EviL_eLF

EviL_eLF Force Ghost star 5

Mar 16, 2003
    Yes, but historically with Abrams, you don't know anything about the script when Casting news starts. Completed script or not, you likely won't know what it's about for quite some time after.

7. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    Yes but moreso if it's going to be filmed in Digital 3D or HFR 3D.

8. vinsanity

vinsanity Jedi Master star 4

Jan 28, 2013
    Casting, but i believe they will only start to announce names in the summer, these next months will be very quiet, IMHO.

9. Darth-Seldon

Darth-Seldon Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 17, 2003
    Anyone who says anything besides whether or not the big 3 will be returning is either lying or hasn't fully thought it out. Regardless of how they feel about it, that would be the biggest news (bigger than plot details or production staff etc.)

10. LawJedi

LawJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 11, 2009
    All I'm saying is that there no excuse for anyone to put in a scene saying "there's totez not anything such as midichlorians, yo. And Jar-Jar died painfully. *winks at camera*"

11. Darth_Articulate

Darth_Articulate Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 1, 2012
    Luke, definitely. As for Leia or Han, not as important to me as other things like timeline, story, and scoring. But even more important than Luke's involvement, is whether or not this trilogy is supposed to conclude the saga, or continue it. THAT's #1 !!

12. Bobatron

Bobatron Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    Major news:
    Who will do the music?
    When will filming begin?
    Will the movie definitely come out in 2015?
    Will the Disney logo sequence be at the start of the movie?
    I'm eager to see if starwars.com will slowly tease us the same way it did during the production of AOTC, by putting out character titles ("global leader") and Episode II Select pictures.

I'm iffy about knowing the setting and returning characters and actors. I would like to be as spoiler-free as possible, and I'm one to consider EVERYTHING a spoiler (seeing a shot from late in the movie ruins a tense scene earlier where a character's life is at risk) but avoiding all that stuff in today's internet is impossible. When Revenge of the Sith came out, there was no Twitter and I wasn't even using MySpace, and even then, there was no news feed on there to throw that stuff in your face.

13. Jedi_Ford_Prefect

Jedi_Ford_Prefect Jedi Master star 4

Jun 9, 2003
    I'm curious to know who the designers and cinematographer will be. A big part of what I love about the PT is how different Doug Chiang, Trisha Biggar and Dave Tattersall made the movies look. Will we see people who've worked with Abrams a lot before in the past? I hope not. Will we see a lot of SW vets? Probably, but I hope there's new blood.

Here's my crazy suggestion. Matthew Barney for designer. Hell, get him to direct VIII as well. The crazier the better.

14. LANDO_ROCKS

LANDO_ROCKS Force Ghost star 5

Nov 28, 2002
    I'd like to know where they will film Episode 7, the name of the film, the main casting details.

15. Lee_

Lee_ Force Ghost star 5

Nov 3, 2012
    Actually, the post you quoted was following the theme of the thread about what we want to know about Episode 7, not anything to do with what would happen AFTER the whole ST.

In any case, I also would doubt what you are saying is true here; they will make their own movies, and think the idea they will ever spend big-budget money making the Thrawn trilogy is wishful thinking, but we will eventually find out.

16. Ridley Solo

Ridley Solo Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 27, 2010
    Jedi Master Luke Skywalker played by Mark Hamill. [face_dancing] Once I see that I'll be happy.

Oh, and finding out who the composer is. If JW writes a coupole more character motifs and lets someone else fill in the rest that wouldbe fine with me.

17. Air Jedi

Air Jedi Jedi Knight star 1

Feb 1, 2013
    Anything Villain related is the news I want to hear about.

Darth_Articulate likes this.
  18. mattman8907

mattman8907 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2012