main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discuss non-EU SW Books Here!

Discussion in 'Archive: Philippines' started by jedi_ginny, Jul 18, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jedi_ginny

jedi_ginny Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 25, 2002
    We've been talking and talking about the toys, but the books are good too! ;) So this thread is for discussing any of the SW books (non-Expanded Universe, please), as well as give us alerts when and where books are available.

Well, I've FINALLY gotten hold of the AOTC novel (I couldn't resist Hayden's pic on the cover, plus the little nagging voice in my head screaming "First Edition Hardbound Copy!" LOL.). Thanks to listmember Nicee for the intelligence report about where to get a copy. I'll make it as a bounty hunter yet. Heheh. I must've travelled from Makati to Quezon Avenue in record time just to get the last copy! (My brother dreams of joining Formula 1, so... LOL) Only to find out there are 10 sitting right there on the shelves of National Bookstore in Megamall. LOL. But that's the thrills and risks and downsides of the chase for you! :D

Anyhoo, I'm in the chapter narrating the chase through Coruscant (I'm slow, cause I lug the book along when I go to the office, I only read on the bus. This morning, I felt like I was riding in the speeder with Anakin and Obi-Wan, and... okay! okay! I'll continue). Let me tell you, R.A. Salvatore did one heck of a fantastic job with this thing! Wow! You can actually visualize the whole thing just by reading. And I finally got what I asked for: more glimpses of the Obi-Anakin-Master-Padawan relationship. They bicker a lot here! Heheh.

Plus, I got more insights in the earlier chapters regarding Shmi, Beru, Owen and Cliegg, as well as Anakin and his thoughts about his mother and Padme and Obi-Wan, Padme and her thoughts about politics and the Republic, plus more on Padme and her family. It's all cool, so if you get the chance, read the book. ;) I now look forward to knowing more about Dooku. :)

Now that I've got that, my next quest would be to hunt down the AOTC Visual Dictionary.
    If anyone finds it, please holler! ;)

The Art of Ep2 has been spotted in several bookstores also.

Does anyone know in which book they discussed how the Jedi go about creating their lightsabers?

2. DARTHMAULDER

DARTHMAULDER Jedi Master star 1

Nov 16, 2000
    I don't know if there are still any left but I just bought the TPM and SW Visual Dictionaries just for 150 pesos each in National Bookstore SM Bacoor.

I also saw the original star wars trilogy novelization in trade paperback

I'll check it out ok? then I'll post it here.

3. jedi_ginny

Apr 25, 2002
    Thanks, Dude! :)

4. StompboXX

StompboXX Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 13, 2002
    SM Bacoor???

Hmmm....

5. DarthScully

DarthScully Jedi Master star 4

Oct 30, 2001
    i've just seen the AOTC Visual Dictionary and Incredible Crossections. haven't bought them yet since i don't have the budget, but suffice it to say, they are very droolworthy [face_mischief]

DarthMaulder, you just bought the Visual Dictionaries? (not the Incredible Corssections?) i don't have those yet, jsut the Crossection books. maybe someday...

6. DARTHMAULDER

Nov 16, 2000
    I am looking forward to buy the AOTC Visual Dictionary but I haven't even seen one!

7. StompboXX

Jan 13, 2002
    Scully, I heard you're in the States right now, is that right? Bring some stuff home for us! ;p

8. DarthScully

Oct 30, 2001
    and who told you that Stomp? :p

anyway, i did think of that Stomp, send SW merchandise there, it'll solve the problem of lack of merchandise/ toys, etc. and the fact that we're SW Philippines makes the set-up very ideal. i just don't know how to send them from here. a person travelling back and forth is very expensive. got any ideas?

9. jedi_ginny

Apr 25, 2002
    Balikbayan boxes? ;)

Really? You're willing to get us some merch???? Cool!

10. DARTHMAULDER

Nov 16, 2000
    alam ko 5 dollars(+tax) na lang dyan mga figures right?

11. StompboXX

Jan 13, 2002
    How do I know? I'm a Jedi. I see things before they happen.

Actually, stalker mo ako eh. HAHAHAHAHA.

But seriously, sending them here for us would rock. Then we hold a special event for the merchandise. We price them the way they should be priced, and we'd make history!

When are you gonna be back here? The Council needs to be complete, you know. :)

12. DarthScully

Oct 30, 2001
    DarthMaulder, yup, you're right.

Stomp, so you're my stalker and Ginny's slave boy. my, you are busy ;)

Ginny, and who will the balikbayan boxes travel with? :D anyway, pa-fedex kaya? pero mahal yun di ba? c'mon, any ideas? know anyone?

13. rachel1013

rachel1013 Jedi Youngling

Jun 1, 2002
    Well I know of a website that lets you specify the merchant that you want to purchase from.. They're sort of the middleman between merchant and buyer.. so you sort of let them buy it from the merchant.. yikes.. i don't know if i'm explaining myself well here.. so just check out.. www.e-2-door.com.. I haven't really tried them yet but the cool thing is.. you can compute the prices first, including shipping and other taxes.. in pesos.. so you know whether your budget will fit..

just check it out.. who knows.. maybe we can tie up with them or something..

Rachel

14. jedi_ginny

Apr 25, 2002
    DarthScully, no need for a person to accompany the boxes. Ship them Door to Door. Then we can distribute the shipping charge to the Merchandise para naman hindi lugi. But all in all, it will probably still be cheaper than the stuff in stores right now. :)

15. StompboXX

Jan 13, 2002
    Master Jedinov, what do you think? After all, you're one of the two Councilmembers in charge of the merchandise.

*assumes the Vader stance*

If you're going to ask me, I say give them all to ME! *khhhk*

Seriously though, maybe we can assign people here to help with the reselling/dealing of the merchandise...Cholo or Eva perhaps? And maybe whichever store is fortunate enough to sell our merchandise can be an affiliate of Star Wars Philippines.

Economics...of course Scully nees to profit, the stores need to profit, and hopefully SWP will get a share..we DO need the funds for our domain name. What do you guys think?

16. jedi_ginny

Apr 25, 2002
    I agree! We can charge higher than the actual retail price, but it must still be lower than the usual price.

Wait a minute. If we do this, is it legal? Heheh. LOL. :p Don't mind old obsessive me. I was probably a protocol droid in my past life. Wait a minute. Droids don't have life. Whatever! :p

But it's a very good idea. I like it! Go us! ;)

17. StompboXX

Jan 13, 2002
    I will make it legal.

*cue Imperial March here*

18. jedi_ginny

Apr 25, 2002
    What a coincidence! I'm listening to the Imperial March right now! ;)

19. DARTHMAULDER

Nov 16, 2000
    Does anyone know where in this far, dim, corner of the galaxy I could find the AoTC Visual Dictionary?

20. StompboXX

Jan 13, 2002
    CAlling our resident collectors (hoarders? hehe. joke)...

You can try Ebay, though.

21. jedi_ginny

Apr 25, 2002
    "AOTC Visual Dictionary" was available at Page One (Rockwell) and Bibliarch (Glorietta) before. If you don't want to order online, I believe those two bookstores accept orders. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.