main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Roch, NY Does anyone want to have any pre-Episode 2 meetings?

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Mara-Jade-Skywalker, Feb 26, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mara-Jade-Skywalker

Mara-Jade-Skywalker Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 21, 2000
    I think it would be a good idea for all of us to get to know each other in person before the big day, so perhaps we should plan a few meetings. I know that many of us have problems with parents and distance, but maybe we could choose something like going to a movie or meeting at a restaurant or something before-hand. I'd appreciate it if we could get some constructive discussion going on here about this because we only have 79 days until Episode 2 and it would be nice to have at least one meeting before then.

I think that we need to have 5 meetings that are announced on the FanForce site before we become an official chapter or something like that.

Anyways, thanks for listening to my little rant and I hope we can put something together. ;)

2. Padawan_adri

Padawan_adri Jedi Knight star 5

Sep 14, 2001
    I think that pre-Ep 2 meetings are a good idea. If a lot of people wan't to come then all the new and parentally chalenged people could get to meet each other in person. You know it's a lot faster to talk then type :D .

3. TheEmperorsHand

TheEmperorsHand Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 27, 2000
    I agree completely, Adri ;) now we have to plan something.... perhaps I'll talk to Rox about that, if I ever get ICQ to work! :p

4. Rox

Rox Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 24, 2000
    You guys are already an offical chapter of FAn Force. The activity in this chapter has just dropped off.

5. Mara-Jade-Skywalker

Aug 21, 2000
    :eek: really? I didn't know that. ;) Well, I still think pre-Episode 2 meetings are a good idea (and I'm sure you agree with me, Roc. ;) ).
    So, who thinks they could go to someplace like a restaurant or something for a meeting in the semi-near(is that a word?) future without too many difficulties (ie: parents, time)? Alison (EH) and I have been talking to our mom and we think it might be all right with her, but she might want to come at least to the first meeting. ;)

6. Rox

Rox Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 24, 2000
    Bringing a parent is an excellent idea for the first time you meet, I would actually reccomeend it to anyone under 18. It not only guarantee's that you'll be safe in your parents minds but it also covers any legal issues with people over 21.

7. Padawan_adri

Sep 14, 2001
    My dad came to the DVD party. But my parents still might have a objection at first, but I can use the fact that I have been getting honor roll a lot to help me.

8. Padawan_adri

Sep 14, 2001
    So far my dad is ok with meeting some where as long as my room is clean.

Next we need to work on time, date, and place.

9. TheEmperorsHand

Aug 27, 2000
    I get above honor role, but that won't convince them... they think we should get that anyway :(

Nicky (mara) and I have been talking to our mom about that... Rox is definately right, knowing our parents!

10. Padawan_adri

Sep 14, 2001
    I think it would be fine if some parents come. But if you think it will help I can have my dad E-mail your mom.

11. wookie_cookie

wookie_cookie Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 22, 2001
    I think meeting at a restaurant would be fun, like Applebee's or Ruby Tuesday's. I live far away, so I wouldn't want it to be too late at night, maybe a weekend afternoon is a good time. I might be able to convince my sister to go with me, she likes Star Wars.

I'm always iffy about going to someone's house, even though I'm over 21. :p

P.S, I updated my site with new collection pics!

http://www.geocities.com/keroppi947/starwars.html

12. Padawan_adri

Sep 14, 2001
    I think a weekend afternoon is great. No homework or school to worry about.

How are saturdays for everyone?

13. TheEmperorsHand

Aug 27, 2000
    well, my sister and I have church on saturdays so it doesn't work so well for us... do you guys do stuff on sundays?

14. Padawan_adri

Sep 14, 2001
    I have meetings every other Sunday. So some of them don't work for me :( .

15. wookie_cookie

wookie_cookie Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 22, 2001
    Do you guys have any vacation days coming up? I'm free on the weekends, but that might change soon, because I have been applying for jobs left and right.

16. Padawan_adri

Sep 14, 2001
    I have friday March 8th off. And next Sunday I'm free.

17. Mara-Jade-Skywalker

Aug 21, 2000
    I have the 8th off as well... I'll talk to my mom about it tonight and see what she says about everything. ;)

18. Padawan_adri

Sep 14, 2001
    So far my dads ok with it. :D

19. Mara-Jade-Skywalker

Aug 21, 2000
    my mom says that she's ok with it, but that I have to ask my dad before it's ok. :D

20. TheEmperorsHand

Aug 27, 2000
    whatever mara says is the same with me ;)

21. Otto_den_Ktulu

Otto_den_Ktulu North Ridge Event Coordinator star 5

Jan 19, 2002
    Hey any thing is good with me, I just gotta make sure it's ok with my mother, she's umm, a little strict on that, so I'll just do something to work around that, ya know, lie or something. :) Any ways, Nicky(Mara), Alison(EH), and I are possibly meeting up next Sunday, so we can work on when all of us can meet up then.

22. Mara-Jade-Skywalker

Aug 21, 2000
    The 8th is this Friday. I'm waiting for a good moment to ask my dad. ;)

23. Padawan_adri

Sep 14, 2001
    Now we have a day but we still need a place.

24. Mara-Jade-Skywalker

Aug 21, 2000
    I think Applebees was mentioned earlier. There's one in Webster, but I'm not sure if that's convenient for everyone. We need a time as well. I suggest sometime in the afternoon because I'm not good at mornings. ;) btw, soon I'm going to make a small website for this FF that I'll be able to update frequently because the official one hasn't been updated for nearly a year. :D

25. Mara-Jade-Skywalker

Aug 21, 2000
    I think I've talked my friend into coming to our FanForce meeting (it wasn't that hard. ;) ) so I think we'd better come to some agreement, especially since I'm planning on asking my dad tonight and I need to tell him something that we know for certain. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.