main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Donnie Darko

Discussion in 'Archive: Northern England UK' started by Ramble_Boba, Mar 28, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ramble_Boba

Ramble_Boba Jedi Master star 5

May 13, 2002
    This great film finally getting a showing at our cinema. Anyone coming for a meet up?

Tuesday 10.10am (Crap time but only time)

Also Monday Ghostbusters meet up 6:30pm at the cinema

2. MasterChapRimera

MasterChapRimera Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 12, 2002
    I rented this out the other day so I could watch it again. I really like it.

I've just purchased (downloaded :D) a couple of songs from it too. They are both cool.

3. Ramble_Boba

May 13, 2002
    Aye, great film, owned it for ages and also downloaded a couple of songs. Love it love them.

Never got shown at the cinema, they didn't get the reel, and it was senior screen, so me and slug was stuck watching ghostbusters with all the 70 year olds and felt a right pair of fools

4. Az-Azzameen

Az-Azzameen Jedi Knight star 5

May 24, 2002
    Whats new. :p

I've never seen it, but am intrigued as to whether its a bio-pic about Marky Mark's brother.

5. Sabe_1

Sabe_1 Jedi Youngling

Apr 13, 2003
    so glad other people have seen this excellent film. i had to wait to see it at my cinemas and they only showed it once, and now my video shop doesnt even know what it is.

6. Ramble_Boba

May 13, 2002
    Hey Sabe_1. It ended up not been shown at my cinema, but I love it still thanks to word of mouth.

Welcome to the board by the way

7. Sabe_1

Sabe_1 Jedi Youngling

Apr 13, 2003
    thanks, nice to be here.
    im new here, after a long time on the StarWars.com threads, ive converted.
    if anyone hasnt seen donnie darko i seriously recommend it as it is a cult movie, and different.

8. Ramble_Boba

May 13, 2002
    Well I agree with you how good it is!

And well make yourself at home here, pop into the general disccusion board for the UK as well, theres lots of southerners to laugh at!

9. Stuey

Stuey Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 30, 2002
    *presents self as Southerner*

10. I_am_Padme

I_am_Padme Jedi Youngling

Apr 14, 2003
    its nice to see that other films can bring existing fans together.
    i totally agree, Donnie Darko is one of the best films I have ever seen. when my friends and i found out it was showing at our local UCI (only one showing for one night! can you believe it!!)there was a huge group of us went and the cinema was packed.
    Its amazing that cinema companies dont notice fantastic films when theyre released.

11. Ramble_Boba

May 13, 2002
    Yeah well never got shown in Grimsby unfortunatly :( But did better in the UK then USA, which is something!

And welcome to the Boards also, 2 new posters, its been a long time since new people showed their faces around.

12. Az-Azzameen

Az-Azzameen Jedi Knight star 5

May 24, 2002
    :eek:

Rambles 'finds' two new poster! :eek:

Welcome to the boards.

13. Ramble_Boba

May 13, 2002
    They found me, and my little home! Told everyone a north of england board was a great idea!

14. Stuey

Stuey Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 30, 2002
    maybe i should get Luke to broaden Plymouth to cover more of the South, we may get some of these 'new members' everyone's talking about

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.