main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

(Don't get your hopes up) Remotely Possible Boba Fett Spin-Off

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Barriss_Coffee, Jul 19, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    From Den of Geeks:

Usually I wouldn't even bring this up, but it's been a slow summer and we need something to liven up the mood. Or become enraged at. And even though the idea's a remote possibility, Johnston's worked with Lucas before on the original Star Wars films, as well as Indiana Jones.

2. Swashbucklingjedi

Swashbucklingjedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 3, 2010
    "Don't get your hopes up" -charming way to start a thread:p Sounds mildly interesting but well frankly Boba Fett is not something that makes me getting my hopes up:p It is probably just more "I've done terrible things- but jedi started it" kind of stuff with Daniel Logan and GL's retcons......

3. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

ImNotAStarWarsFanboy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 25, 2011
    Sounds like he just wants to fulfill a fanboy wet dream of his. Completely unnecessary anyway, we know more than enough at this stage about Boba Fett.

4. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    I'd probably go see it sadly enough...

5. TrakNar

TrakNar Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 4, 2011
    I would only be interested in it if it involved the other bounty hunters. Otherwise, my thoughts on it are as such; bleh.

6. Swashbucklingjedi

Oct 3, 2010
    If it involves Hondo then I'm interested:p

7. Darth_Gamek

Darth_Gamek Jedi Master star 6

Aug 10, 2009
    Embo, and I'll be sold. :cool:

8. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

Feb 25, 2011
    I seriously doubt this guy has even heard of TCW, let alone the characters in it.

9. InterestingLurker

InterestingLurker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 15, 2011
    Boba Fett is good as a side character. He doesn't need his own story.

10. Swashbucklingjedi

Oct 3, 2010
    He didn't say he would write it either and of course he would learn about them when discussing with Lucas- but looks like this was just a random comment and nothing really coming stuff-....

11. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    Did some more snooping into this guy's credentials.

Something in his Wookieepedia article may be relevant:

Interesting. But if he brings it up to George, it's ultimately the latter's decision. And he may be too involved in the live action show to care.

12. Darth_Gamek

Aug 10, 2009
    Wow.

If I didn't know any better, I'd think you guys have never heard of Joe Johnston until now. [face_plain]

13. ILuvJarJar

ILuvJarJar Jedi Grand Master star 6

Oct 19, 2008
    I'd love to see a movie centered around Boba Fett.

It could always be used for a theatrical look at the live action series (ala The Clone Wars movie).

14. Dark Lord Tarkas

Dark Lord Tarkas Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2011
    I haven't. [face_shhh]

15. AkashKedavra_93

AkashKedavra_93 Moderator Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 8, 2011
    As long as they don't have the "You did it first" angle, then I'm fine with it.

16. JM_1977

JM_1977 Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 23, 2011
    Isn't he the guy Who drew sketches during the early days of production of the OT and then Ralph painted them or something like that.........

17. StarWarrior92

StarWarrior92 Jedi Master star 3

Jul 7, 2011
    Joe Johnston is also is the director of such films such as Jumaji, Jurassic Park III, The Wolf Man, the upcoming Captain America: The First Avenger, and others.

18. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

Feb 25, 2011
    Not the most impressive of resumes then.

19. QuangoFett

QuangoFett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 11, 2011
    I doubt it's ever going to happen, no matter how much Johnston may want it to.

20. Darth_Gamek

Aug 10, 2009
    You'd think a guy like that would be more well known, especially in a SW forum, but I guess not.

21. StarWarrior92

StarWarrior92 Jedi Master star 3

Jul 7, 2011
    He was on the Empire of Dreams Documentary on the OT bonus DVD. That was the first time I had heard of him.

22. EstarGuars

EstarGuars Jedi Padawan star 2

Mar 20, 2011
    Please, just no, I hate Boba Fett. It´s one of the worst and more unconsistents characters in SW and he doesn´t deserve a movie, maybe some episodes in an animated series I know [face_plain]

23. CGI-BOBAFENT

CGI-BOBAFENT Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 5, 2002
    wow, i'm also really amazed that next to no one knows who Johnston is and his contribution to Star Wars.

To enlighten a few people he played a massive part in the model making, design and storyboarding of the OT as well as production designing the Ewok movies. Most of what you see in Empire is Johnstons design.

considering 95% of what makes Fett is his armour surely it would be cool to see the guy that concepted, designed and had a hand in the construction & painting of it come full circle and head up a movie [if captain america doesn't blow that is :p ]

Man , I sound like a Johnton fanboy! As a prop maker and concept artist myself I sometimes forget some people aren't as bothered about the making of a film as they are in the finished product :D

So if there is a Fett movie I'm all for it.

24. HoundsTooth

HoundsTooth Jedi Youngling

Jan 18, 2005
    i wouldnt mind seeing if it was post ROTJ and took kind of a Bounty Hunter Wars approach and started with him escaping the Sarlaac.

25. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

Feb 25, 2011
    I still fail to see why that would make it any more worth watching than if it were to be directed by anyone else.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.