main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Gaming The Inquisition's Here and It's Here To Stay: The Dragon Age Series

Discussion in 'Community' started by DocRevan, Jul 13, 2008.

1. -polymath-

-polymath- SFF:F/TV Trivia Host star 4 VIP - Game Host

Jun 7, 2007
    I met him for the joining. Can I just say that the battle after becoming a Grey Warden is epic? I mean frakking epic? I'm used to games waiting to build up for the epic encounters (see Mass Effect's Virmire) but this one starts right out of the gate, imo.

2. Aragorn327

Aragorn327 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 20, 2001
    Aragorn is currently a level 12 shield-obsessed Templar. Two more levels 'til Champion! ...I probably should have remembered to eat and sleep yesterday.

Can't figure out how to link my 360 version to the social site. This may be due to me being an idiot. Any help?

3. Leto II

Leto II Jedi Padawan star 6

Jan 23, 2000
    Linking to the social site? You have to register on the site with the UPC code on the outside of the box. For example, if you're an Xbox player:

014633159806 - Normal 360 Version

014633168839 - LCE 360 Version

Both 12 digits, from the back of the box, both with no dashes or spaces. The top one works, the bottom one reportedly doesn't. Whoever coded the site just forgot to mark 014633168839 as a "correct" UPC.

For what it's worth, I've heard about people just going ahead and entering the "normal" 360 UPC code, even though they own the Limited Edition. I don't think it's going to make a difference either way.

4. Aragorn327

Aug 20, 2001
    Right, I've done that. Can't figure out how to link the EA social account to the xbox live profile, though.

5. Darth-Lando

Darth-Lando Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 12, 2002
    My EA profile to my Live account were previously linked due to past sports games so I'm all linked up. But it's not showing my character. But it does acknowledge the achievements I've already gotten. Hmmmm... [face_thinking]

6. Aragorn327

Aug 20, 2001
    Killed a full giant awesome dragon. Was awesome.

See "The Dragon's Lair" on map. Can't figure out how to get there. Have I been there? Do not know. Angry. Aragorn smash.

7. Aragorn327

Aug 20, 2001
    Issue resolved. Still can't link 360 account to EA account. Oh well.

This game is amazing.

8. zacparis

zacparis VIP star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 1, 2003
    Just picked up my copy. :D Now the agonising wait till I get get the hell outta here (work).

9. Leto II

Jan 23, 2000
    Still waiting on my copy, even after dropping for One-Day Shipping, but hey! -- at least Amazon finally sent me my Memory Band and Lion's Paw Boots DLC codes. Wrote to customer service about it, so I'm hoping they'll comp the shipping for my next order.

It's a sad, sad day when even zacparis gets a game Down Under before a Yank. o_O [face_mischief] I sit here reading through all you ****ers' posts about the game, and I hate you all. I have the biggest Dragon Age blue balls right now.

10. zacparis

Sep 1, 2003
    Still not got it? That's pretty bad. Does Amazon have the return thing there? I did that once in England, a game took far too long to arrive so I went out and bought it and just sent the Amazon one back when it finally arrived. :p

11. zacparis

Sep 1, 2003
    Here's my character: http://social.bioware.com/playerprofile.php?char_id=121968&display=character&nid=2263313278&game=xbox

I didn't even need to do anything on the Xbox side, I just pasted the number that Leto provided above into the website (couldn't find it anywhere on my box), and an hour later my character appeared in my profile. I think my Xbox links to my EA/BioWare account from previous games maybe.

I just finished the Dalish Elf origin, and man, it's tough being an archer. [face_beatup] But I made it all the way through without dying (can't say the same for my party members though).

12. Aragorn327

Aug 20, 2001
    At 32 hours in I'm level 17, have explored 66% of the world and am 46% to full completion according to the party stats.

This is a giant game.

13. zacparis

Sep 1, 2003
    Yay, I finally figured out how to hotkey the weapon set swap. It makes life as an archer a lot easier being able to swap to my dual daggers at the press of a button. :cool:

14. Leto II

Jan 23, 2000
    Yeah, it never showed up even yesterday, though I got an e-mail saying that it shipped out some time on Monday morning. :confused: However, an Amazon rep profusely apologized, and gave me a free one-day shipping code for my next order. Reparations made.

Interesting stats. Was checking out your "Heroic" ones, and was wondering -- is the "Genlock Emissary" someone whom I should be ready for? And the "Story" tab is pretty damn versatile, tracking your character's storyline progress, Acheivements, etc.

I keep hearing that the defense of Redcliffe is mind-blowingly tough under certain circumstances, particularly at night, when the zombie hordes come and something about waves of bastard attack dogs in the castle. Of course, not having even played the game yet, I'll be taking all you peoples' mistakes to heart for my own benefit. [face_mischief]

God, I keep reading about how massive this game is.

And holy crap...I also keep hearing that this game is the most sophisticated RPG yet, in terms of how subtle and dangerous some of the conversation options can be, potentially planting the seeds of someone getting massively pissed off at you later on down the line. Like, you think it's all good early on, but then you learn that -- say -- the Dalish Elves didn't like the fact that you used a dangling participle in some random conversation 50 hours earlier, and shun you for the rest of the game.

This gets me very excited.

When I finally get my copy (today? please, God?), I'll get my character uploaded as quickly as I'm able to, so you guys can check it out, etc. Have a feeling my Templar's storyline is going to be rather divergent from what I'm seeing on here with other peoples' characters.

Also, "The Warden's Keep" DLC is reportedly worth every penny. Though reportedly, you can't re-enter it once you've finished it, so nota bene, folks.

15. DarthXan318

DarthXan318 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 12, 2002
    I'm a little late to this party, having only gotten my hands on Dragon Age yesterday, but this is already one of the best games I've ever played. :D

The story is great, the voice acting is excellent, and I like how all the quests are tied in with the story. I haven't gotten a single "go get me 10 rat tails for my experiments" quest yet - they're all Cleverly Disguised as other plot-related things. It's brilliant. I am failing utterly at combat, to the point that I can lose encounters on Easy, but that's neither here nor there ...

And Warden's Keep is indeed really worth it. :D I'm mostly through playing it now - I'm just looking for the abilities you're supposed to be able to find in there (am hoping it's not just the vial of blood, as there are supposed to be 6, and I'd really rather not chug it...). And yes, you can't get back in once you leave. Had to reload once for that reason.

The encounter also scales, I think - I went there fresh out of the intro sequence (~level 7) and it was just fine, so it probably adjusts itself according to your level.

16. Darth-Lando

Aug 12, 2002
    Here's my character Hector

So far I've been enjoying the game immensely. I was a little cautious at first, after hearing how hard the game would be, even on Normal. I made it through the first two or three hours or so without dying once. Once I went into Castle Redcliffe though, that changed. I'm in the Mage's Tower now and finally got my hands on a healer so things are going much smoother now.

17. Aragorn327

Aug 20, 2001
    Game beaten.

18. Darth-Lando

Aug 12, 2002
    Wow, already?!?! How many hours did it take you?

19. Aragorn327

Aug 20, 2001
    40ish. No work this week, so I just didn't sleep a lot.

Ended at juuuust under level 20.

edit: New account is linked. Characters should catch up on it sooner or later here

20. zacparis

Sep 1, 2003
    Well done Aragorn, now only five more origin stories to go? :p

My character page is stuck on level 3 for some reason, even though I got up to level 6 or 7 last night. [face_thinking] Oh well I'm sure it'll come right sooner or later.

As far as the different versions go... I thought it looked all right on the Xbox until I saw the PC version on my brother's computer. [face_hypnotized] It's almost like a different game. Everything's so much sharper and cleaner. The Xbox version kinda reminds me of Fable 2, having similar resolution and texture quality, which isn't all bad.

21. Darth-Lando

Aug 12, 2002
    Yeah, mine is stuck on 5 even though I was at 8 or 9 when I finally put down the controller last night and went to bed.

22. zacparis

Sep 1, 2003
    Mine's updated now.

Did anyone else free Sten from Lothering? I added him to my party and equipped him with a two-handed greatsword. He's like Conan the Barbarian covered in plate armour, just what my party needs. :D

23. Aragorn327

Aug 20, 2001
    Mine's up to date as well now.

I also freed him, but only used him...twice, that I can remember.

24. Aragorn327

Aug 20, 2001
  25. The Great No One

The Great No One Jedi Grand Master star 8

Jun 4, 2005
    i'll have one at some point. likely "the mad zookeep"