main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Spring, MO Dragoncon 2007

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by twilek69, Jan 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. twilek69

twilek69 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 25, 2005
    For all you BSG fans, I saw posted today that Jamie Bamber (Apollo) is coming to D*C this year.

2. jedi_runya

jedi_runya Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 4, 2005
    Sounds like once again, there will be someone there for all of us from our individual shows! :D

3. twilek69

Apr 25, 2005
    For my fellow Star Trek fans Jonathan Frakes
    (Riker) from Next Generation was announced today.

4. Dagobah_Diva

Dagobah_Diva Jedi Master star 4

Sep 24, 2002
    I need to meet him.:) Now if only Captain Picard would come....

5. twilek69

Apr 25, 2005
    Oh man Capt. Picard is up there with Sean Connery in my hot, old, bald men book. LOL! :D

6. jedi_runya

Jan 4, 2005
    Woohoo! What a catch! I can't wait to meet him. I will need to pull something for him to sign. My online list for Stargate says they will have a 'big' announcement in a few days about guests too. I can hardly wait! It is good thing I decided to attend after all... :D

So far it is a great guest list. :D

7. Jedi_Dajuan

Jedi_Dajuan Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 30, 2002
    Got my ticket bought and room booked. Now I just need my plane ticket and I'll be good to go. I'm so totally gonna grab Jamie Bamber's ass right after he signs my towel :D

8. Dagobah_Diva

Sep 24, 2002
    Really? I NEED to get a video camera by then. I gotta record that. LOL

9. Jedi_Dajuan

Jedi_Dajuan Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 30, 2002
    Oh, I'd love to get that, and my immediate booting from the con on film :D

10. Dagobah_Diva

Sep 24, 2002
    Still no Craig Parker.... I'm craving some elfage.:) The LOTR presence there last year was severely lacking.

11. twilek69

Apr 25, 2005
    Yeah, the LOTR was severly lacking last year. Maybe they will step it up this year.

They will probably have a good HP showing, since they didn't make it last year due to filming Order of the Phoenix. With Order of the Phoenix and Deathly Hallows also being out this year.

12. JediCirrus

JediCirrus Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 25, 2002

I'll be there and my digital camera can do video. So no worries, I can get it recorded for ya!! :)

13. Dagobah_Diva

Sep 24, 2002
  14. jedi_runya

Jan 4, 2005
    We are thinking so too. It is $118 +tax round trip. Can't beat that price. :D

OK, I have been trying to find where to book this, and can't...any ideas? I will call the airport tomorrow I guess and see what they say...

15. JediCirrus

Oct 25, 2002
    Most likely you will need to book it directly from the company AirTran. Most discount airlines work this way, thats part of how they can keep the cost down.

Now the big question for me, should I still plan on driving or should I maybe fly now!!!

16. spideymj

spideymj Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 4, 2005
    Flying is the best way to go, especially at that price. Dragoncon takes enough out of you anyways, and then to drive home.... (I felt so bad for Christina last year. To have that much fun and then drive all those hours...ugh.) Also, the tram takes you right from the airport and stops a block from the hotel, costs under $2 and you don't have to worry about finding a parking spot and paying for it. The main problem.........how do we get all our booze down there. :p

17. JediCirrus

Oct 25, 2002
    Hmmm, ship it to the hotel? I've done that for business before.... (Its just a different kind of business this time!!!)

18. jedi_runya

Jan 4, 2005
    Thank you for the link! I looked for it last night, and all I was coming up with was media coverage. We are flying. I just can't beat the price between gas and then parking charges. Not to mention the wear and tear on my body...

**edit-->hmm, For the cheap prices, flights have to happen before June 7...so now we are back to driving. :D

19. twilek69

Apr 25, 2005
    Added today; James and Oliver Phelps play the Weasley twins, Fred and George, in the Harry Potter films

That sucks about the airline. Maybe the will offer it again before we leave.

20. Dagobah_Diva

Sep 24, 2002
    They added Neville Longbottom too. Shhhhh. Don't tell Brielle.[face_shhh]

21. Dagobah_Diva

Sep 24, 2002
    I went ahead and got my plane tickets. I'm flying Delta since it was the same price as AirTran. At least now I'll get there at 12:30ish AND I'll get a full night of sleep. Now I just have to scrape up the money for liquor and hotel. (I said liquor first because the required amount will equal more than the hotel bill.:) )

22. JediCirrus

Oct 25, 2002
    What day is everybody flying in and out if you don't mind me asking. Is the first and or last day not worth attending, etc?

23. spideymj

spideymj Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 4, 2005
    A lot of people fly in on that Thursday and fly out on Monday.

24. Dagobah_Diva

Sep 24, 2002
    I'm not getting there til Friday and leaving on Monday. Unfortunately, with the job I have now, if I left on Thursday, I'd be totally screwing myself. This way I can work for a couple of hours on Friday and have everything normal when I get back.

25. jedi_runya

Jan 4, 2005
    Leash and will be driving in on Thursday and leaving on Monday... yes, we are cheap. :p And jobless... :(

We will need to pass around a phone list. :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.