main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Spring, MO DragonCon 2008

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by Dagobah_Diva, Dec 21, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dagobah_Diva

Dagobah_Diva Jedi Master star 4

Sep 24, 2002
    Anybody else notice that the price for a membership this year has gone up $10 from this time the last couple of years?

And they don't have any guests listed at all so far...not even the desperate, no talent, has-been's. I realize it's still early though. I wonder if they scared everyone off with that cluster-you-know-what last year.

2. twilek69

twilek69 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 25, 2005
    Man, I need to get on this first thing after the holidays. Ugh!

3. jedi_runya

jedi_runya Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 4, 2005
    I am not getting to go this year, since I will have no babysitter. :(

4. Dagobah_Diva

Sep 24, 2002
    I'm tellin'ya...buy them plane tickets and send 'em out to the grandparents for a week.;)

5. star-killer1

star-killer1 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 7, 2005
    I'm hoping to be able to go this year.
    Currently I'm unemployed, but might have hotel paid for.
    How are the crowds at this event?
    How much in spending cash would be suggested (including food)?

6. jedi_runya

Jan 4, 2005
    Crowds are part of the package. LOL 60,000+ people (not that the DC people will admit to that number) in three hotels this last year ...

I have would suggest with food and incidentals (depending on how much you eat and autographs/'presents') $400-600. From what I have spent in the past two years anyway...

7. star-killer1

Jun 7, 2005
    Thanks.[face_peace]
    I don't mind the crowds (was at C2-C4).

8. jedi_runya

Jan 4, 2005
    Oh, then you will not like these crowds. DC crowds make C3 (the only one I attended) look like a picnic. LOL

9. Dagobah_Diva

Sep 24, 2002
    The crowds last year were not nearly as bad. It was the lines that were so daunting. I was actually disappointed that the lobby wasn't packed with people in costumes. It kinda provides photo opportunities without making them stop for you on the street.

10. merrick_stoller

merrick_stoller Jedi Master star 2

May 30, 2006
    there are 5 or 6 of us from the Springfield area that are planning on making the drive to Hotlanta for DC this year

11. twilek69

Apr 25, 2005
    Yeah, the more the merrier! Just be sure to check back with us closer to the date so we can all exchange cell #'s.

12. JediCirrus

JediCirrus Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 25, 2002
    At this point, it doesn't look like I will be going. To many emergencies that my bank account is still trying to recover from this last year. The crowds aren't so bad as long as your not waiting for an elevator... lol. Just don't plan on getting much sleep while there.

13. twilek69

Apr 25, 2005
    That sucks Tony! It was cool to see you down there. I am going to start a savings account and not get a debit card for it so I can actually have money for it this year.
    The crowds really aren't too bad, except for waiting for elevators. Waiting for elevators suck!!! I plan to get in better shape this year though, so I can try to tackle the stairs without having an asthma or a heart attack. LOL!

14. Dagobah_Diva

Sep 24, 2002
    Looks like we should be getting that "economic stimulus" check right before DragonCon. Muwahahahaha! Excellent.

15. jedi_runya

Jan 4, 2005
    They have listed a few people on the D*C site. And so far all the celebs are from Farscape. If they bring Ben Browder... I am so there... :D

And Kevin Anderson is listed. Isn't he the one that last year swore he wouldn't be returning?? lol

16. twilek69

Apr 25, 2005
    That is cool that they are getting the Farscape people. I went to one of their panels and it was really good. They are nice, funny, down to earth people and had great behind the scenes stories too.

Laurell K. Hamilton is a plus. I wondered when she might come to D*C.

I guess it is time to start checking the website weekly. Yay! LOL!

17. jedi_runya

Jan 4, 2005
    Leash she is also coming to the local Arch-con as well. :D And it is cheaper this year. lol

18. twilek69

Apr 25, 2005
    Cool! That might be worth checking out then.

19. star-killer1

Jun 7, 2005
    I personally would like to see the cast members of Red Dwarf do a panel.[face_praying]

20. twilek69

Apr 25, 2005
    That would be cool!

21. VoijaRisa

VoijaRisa Jedi Master star 5

Oct 12, 2002
    Info on this?

22. jedi_runya

Jan 4, 2005
    The dates are Oct. 3-5, and the cost is $45 through Feb. 29.

The website is here. :D

Sounds worth going to this year.

23. Dagobah_Diva

Sep 24, 2002
    If you've got the money, ya might wanna get your flight now. It's pretty darn cheap. And, if you book directly from the airline instead of Orbitz or whatever, you can save a few more dollars. I just hope prices don't go up again before I get my income tax return.[face_praying]

And, welcome back, Kevin Sorbo. =P~

24. twilek69

Apr 25, 2005
    I can't decide if I want to fly or ride with someone. I am broke, so buying an airline ticket now is not an option. But at least I have some time.

Oh and yay Kevin Sorbo! LOL! We will just have to do a drunken wander the halls and look for celebrities. We haven't done that yet and we might find some good room parties along the way.

25. Dagobah_Diva

Sep 24, 2002
    Uh...this may be a stupid question, but how did we end up at that one room party? I honestly don't remember.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.