main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

DreamCon -June 11-13, 2004, Jacksonville, FL

Discussion in 'Archive: Ft. Lauderdale, FL' started by RonM, Oct 28, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RonM

RonM Jedi Youngling

Oct 28, 2003
    Greetings,

I am the Chief Organizer of a new convention, DreamCon, that will be in Jacksonville, FL June 11-13, 2004. I'm working with the 501st Florida Stormtrooper Garrison to set up having the 501st have an official presence, and I thought you all might like to know about it, too!

DreamCon will be a three-day event with panels and presentations covering such areas as Science Fiction, Fantasy, Comic Books, Horror, Gaming, and Anime. Featured Guests already include Peter David, Dr. Jerry Pournelle, Larry Niven, Steven Barnes, and Tananarive Due. There will also be two 24-hour Anime rooms, s 24-hour Gaming room, an Art Show, Costume Contest, CosPlay, and a Charity Auction to benefit the American Diabetes Association. With over 45,000 sq ft of convention space and a 15,000 sq ft Dealers? Room, DreamCon will be the largest hotel based convention of its kind in the entire state of Florida.

Also, our website, www.DreamCon.net , doesn?t just advertise our Con, it also has daily news updates and allows people to submit articles. We give away tickets on the site monthly, too!

Hope to see you all there!

Ron Methvin
    Chief Organizer, DreamCon
    www.DreamCon.net
    Jacksonville, FL
    June 11-13, 2004
    ron@dreamcon.net

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.