main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Dubious engagement--Jaina/Jag AU; *Complete*

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by aurrasingrules101, Oct 23, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JadeSolo

JadeSolo Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 20, 2002
    Chapter 3:

Wow. From the incredible awkwardness of the nuptial night to almost being friends the next day. Yay! [face_love] I think it says a lot about Jag that he would go out onto the balcony to see if she's okay, and even more so that he stayed and told her about his life. Furthermore, that he's open-minded enough to give her a shot at a military career. Life could be a lot worse for her, but I think she'll have some support from him. :D

2. goddess45

goddess45 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 17, 2005
    congrats aurra!

3. DreamingIce

DreamingIce Jedi Knight star 3

Aug 8, 2005
    Congrats on breaking 1500 posts, aurra!

Glad to see Wedge and Iella again, I'm just a crazy pilot-lover who can't get enough of any of them in fan fics. And The Jag/Myri bedtime story was cute! :D

Mara and pregnancy induced mood-swings... [face_worried][face_laugh]

Great update! [:D]

4. aurrasingrules101

aurrasingrules101 Jedi Master star 4

Apr 13, 2003
    goddess45

Jag always had that tough, cocky exterior in profic, and the only time we got to see his sweet side was with jaina. i know from being the only daughter in my family that daddy's all melt with their little girl, so i thought, 'can you imagine how jag is going to be with hanna?' this is kind of how i imagine him combining the amazing fighter pilot and soldier in with the daddy-to-be.

and i love W/I too! don't worry, postie is coming soon and i promise to do at least one more flashback.

padawanlissa

thank you, it was really fun to write, too!

jedi_ashes

yeah, i have 3 older brothers, and none of them are as understanding as jag. i'm glad you liked it though!

princess_melissa

thank you, and i can't kill jag, at least in this story, i'm bound by a promise, if you read back.

JadeSolo

i'm glad you like it so far, i hope the rest is just as enjoyable!

reagan64

no, at least in this part, jag's not going to die.

Alishu06

my brothers, one in particular, used to get very upset with the prospect of me dating. i kind of thought it went along with all older siblings. thank you!

G_Anakin

yipeeeeee

oldjedinurse

i guess we'll just have to wait and see;) thank you!

mastermeg_0228

thank you my apprentice! i can really see jaina being protective over her brothers like that. i'm glad you liked it!

ccp

[:D]

Chilla

thank you! new parents are always adorable.

DreamingIce

yeah, mara's kinda temperamental without being pregnant. poor luke:p thank you!

5. aurrasingrules101

Apr 13, 2003
    okay, i'm not sure about this update. i'm not really satisfied with it, but i hope everyone likes it anyways. here ya go!

Nen Yim stared at the hulking piece of infidel blasphemy that would most likely become her tomb. No intelligent, rational commander was going to allow her to land that on a worldship. This plan of Luke's, it was folly. But what other choice did she have? ?This is madness,? she muttered with a resigned air.

?I agree,? Cilghal said. ?But crazier plans have succeeded. Who would have ever thought one X-wing with assistance from a dilapidated Corellian light freighter could have destroyed the Death Star??

?The what?? she asked, wrinkling her nose.

?The Death Star,? Cilghal said matter-of-factly, running a webbed finger over the hull of the newly refurbished ship. ?It was a huge space station, I guess about the size of one of your worldships. It had the power to destroy a planet with one laser blast.?

Nen Yim snorted, unimpressed. ?Our dovin basals have been known to do much worse.?

?Alas, our galaxy is no stranger to worse terrors as well,? Cilghal continued.

?Such as what?? Nen Yim questioned, not sure why she wanted to know.

?The Sun Crusher, for one,? Cilghal said. ?One of our own Jedi, while in the clutches of the dark side, used it to make a star go supernova. It killed billions.?

Nen Yim's heart skipped a beat. So it was true. The infidels did have the power to destroy a star. With those simple words the final nail in the Yuuzhan Vong's coffin was hammered in. There was no hope for them if she didn't succeed. Their fate rested with her. Totally. ?Great gods,? she whispered, feeling suddenly faint.

?What is it?? Cilghal asked, taking her arm and easing her to the floor, then sitting beside her.

?How? How can you destroy a star? Could you replicate this? Will you use it against us?? she stammered, hoping against hope that if they still had the ability to do so they already would have.

?I suppose a duplicate of the Sun Crusher could be made,? Cilghal mused. ?But the Jedi would never support it. It is too dangerous of a weapon, and if given into the wrong hands spells doom for all of us.?

The shaper breathed a silent thanks to Yun-Yuuzhan, but only felt slightly less shaky. ?That is a good thing.?

?Yes,? the Jedi healer said thoughtfully. ?I suppose it is. But why does it matter??

?There would be no hope for the Yuuzhan Vong if such weapons were available to you. But since it is within the range of your capabilities, I know now that I must succeed. Failure is death, for us all.?

Cilghal cocked her huge pinkish head in thought. ?Would all Yuuzhan Vong be as afraid of the Sun Crusher as you are??

Nen Yim nodded sadly. She didn't like where this was going. She had agreed to this only so that at least a portion of her people might survive the war. She would go back to them, tell Nom Anor and the Supreme Overlord that she had triumphed and the greatest of the Jeedai were dead. Luke and Mara would stay out of the public's eye, not be seen again till the war was over. To the intendants planted across the galaxy it would seem that she had done as she said. The lack of Holonet coverage could be explained away on Jeedai arrogance. The New Republic would not want the citizens of the galaxy to know that their greatest hero had been slain. All the while the crafty shaper would spread dissent, mostly among the lower ranks. She would tell them what she had seen, and that when the time was right they should rise up against the warrior caste if they wanted to live. But with the Sun Crusher, none of this would be relevant or needed.

?This could work to our advantage,? Cilghal said, standing.

?No,? Nen Yim said. ?I will not let you.?

Slowly she shook her head. ?You misunderstand me. Tell those who will listen that we have such a power. Fear may drive them to acquiesce. If all hope is gone, what other choice do they have??

?They will kill themselves before they will surrender to you,? Nen Yim stated flatly.

?Even the Shamed O

6. Fiana_Novarr

Fiana_Novarr Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 4, 2001
    *grabs first* :D

Okay, I read it now and am back ...

I'm sorry I did not review recently - I am slipping again, sorry! [face_blush] :(

That update was great! I was a little surprised it took Jaina so long to catch on - I am sure she is close enough to at least Luke to feel if anything was wrong with him! The little part with Hanna was adorable. She's already so very protective of her little baby girl ... [face_love]

And thank you for not dumbing down Jag - He is a smart person, and I am happy to see him portrayed in a fic that way. And yeah, he would think about it, and think quickly.

Anyways, great update, sorry I did not reply to some of the recent updates!

Fia

7. SWpants

SWpants Force Ghost star 5

Oct 28, 2004
    well, *I* thought it was good. Really good.

8. mastermeg_0228

mastermeg_0228 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 24, 2006
    woah...very good chapter!!!!!

gosh how could you do that to Jaina??? amazing scene though, i almost cried when i read it!!!!! i can't wait to see how Jaina reacts when she sees Anakin and everyone again!!!!!

great update and i can't wait for more!

meg

9. goddess45

Jun 17, 2005
    I'm surprised it took so long for Jaina to get it... but then again pregnant hormonal women don't always make sense of everything. lol. I can't wait for more flashbacks. The last one you did (actually it was the only one) :) was so great.. i am eagarly awaiting the next one!

Also awaiting the next post!

10. MirandaFair

MirandaFair Jedi Master star 4

Jun 13, 2005
    Sorry I've missed a few updates. I'm still reading and enjoying. What an awful transmission to receive. I really felt for Jaina...thank goodness she had Jag to help her through it and figure things out. @};-

11. oldjedinurse

oldjedinurse Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 6, 2003
    Well done, aurra. A very emotional post.

Your closing line says it all, "I am eager to finish this.? I'm eager to finish reading this story!!

oldj

12. ccp

ccp Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 29, 2005
    I bet Jaina decks him.

13. Alishu06

Alishu06 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 29, 2005
    I can't beleive that Anakin and Mara would stoop so low. grrrrr on them :) Great post.

14. princess_melissa

princess_melissa Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 7, 2005
    [face_laugh] That'd be very entertaining to watch.

Very nice post! poor Anakin. That's a hard possision to be put in. Hope Jaina doesn't take it too hard.

Keep up the good writing.

15. Mystralgurl

Mystralgurl Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 9, 2004
    I'm thinking that if Danni is a spy, having Jacen take Jaina's place will not be a very good idea....

16. jedi_ashes

jedi_ashes Jedi Youngling

Apr 11, 2006
    good chapter.=D=
    while i was reading it i was thinking the worst for jaina, expecting her to have like a miscarriage from the grief or something. that would be really horrible for Anakin, having that on his conscience. [shudders] oh that would be terrible.
    too much law & order i guess :D

ashes
    @};-

17. JadeSolo

Sep 20, 2002
    Chapter 4(?)

There has to be a modicum of deference from each of us, Jaina. You expect to be able to take advantage of my rank because we?re married but don?t want to treat me with even a little compliance. That?s hypocritical.

Great line, and very true of married couples! That's what I think, anyway. :p

Loved their little fight over the remote, too. Nothing like a little bonding. [face_love]

18. Chilla

Chilla Jedi Master star 4

Jul 30, 2005
    Awwww! [face_love] Anakin is so cute! *graps him and kidnaps from fic* :D

Loved this chapter! Nen Yim is really cool and also liked Jag in here very much. He's such a clever boy. =D=

19. aurrasingrules101

Apr 13, 2003
    Fiana_Novarr

yeah, i wrote jaina that way one purpose. she can't see things clearly because of all the hormones and emotional stuff, you know, pregnant stuff. and yeah, jaina is very attached to hanna already. and yes, jag is a very smart man.;)

SWpants666

thank you, i needed a confidence booster;)

mastermeg_0228

thank you my apprentice[:D] i'm sorry it made you sad, but i'm glad you liked it!

goddess45

jaina's kind of distracted by hanna, and her instincts are clouded by the pregnant hormones and stuff, she just wasn't thinking. luke is basically her dad, and a huge part of her life, she loves him a lot.

MirandaFair

i'm glad you're still reading, and thank you! yeah, jag's a hottie;)

oldjedinurse

hmm, is that a good thing or a bad thing?[face_thinking] :p

ccp

i bet she does too:p

Alishu06

it was everyone, really, and a necessary, precautionary move on their part to ensure Nen Yim's safety. thank you!

princess_melissa

yeah, i feel sorry for ani too:( :p thank you, and i plan to finish this, and soon!

Mystralgurl

probably not...

jedi_ashes

yeah, that would suck. thank you, though!

JadeSolo

thank you, i love that part too. the beginning of this was so much fun to write...

Chilla

NOOO!! i need anakin for the next postie![face_laugh] :p

thanks, and yeah, jag's great. *thinks of ways to kidnap fictional character*

20. aurrasingrules101

Apr 13, 2003
    here's the new update! i hope everyone likes it, i had a lot of fun writing it. i should have another update by sunday.

Jacen shifted in his seat, feeling out of his element. Danni looked little better, her blond curls tussled in their usual manner and green eyes darting nervously. He hadn't wanted to come, and didn't think they wanted him there, either, his mother included. She kept throwing him anxious looks, and turned when he tried to meet her gaze. ?I wish Jaina would have let us come. I wanted to check on Uncle Luke, too,? he whispered to Danni. The brilliant young scientist had been reluctant to attend, especially with so many notable people present, but he had insisted. At least he would have one person he could feel comfortable around.

She leaned over closer to him, but kept her eyes fixed on the speaker, a Quarren senator. ?I thought you said they were all alive.?

Jacen licked his lips nervously. ?Alive yes, but in what health I don't know. He felt okay, but from this distance I can't be sure. And then there's that message; I can't believe Anakin would do that when he didn't have to.?

She opened her mouth to reply, then shut it quickly as the attention in the room switched suddenly to Jacen. ?Did General Fel leave you any instructions in this matter?? Grand Admiral Pellaeon asked.

?Uh,? Jacen fumbled, leafing through the sparse notes Jaina had left him, ?let's see...what were we saying again??

The Admiral sighed in agitation and the rest of the room attempted to hide their amusement. ?Did she tell you anything specific about where to plan our attack??

?The Maw?? he said, and no one managed to completely hide their chuckles except Leia.

?We all know it's in the Maw,? she snapped, irritated. ?We were hoping for specific positions so that our own fleet won't be sucked into a black hole.?

Checking his notes again frantically, ?I don't think Jaina has enough astronomic knowledge of the gravitational pull and physics that would allow us to pinpoint a particular point in space??

?I guess that means we need to get some star charts,? she mumbled. ?Admiral, can you commission at team of astronomers to??

?Danni's an astronomer,? Jacen interjected proudly, and was immediately elbowed sharply in the ribs for his disclosure. ?What?? he whispered.

?Isn't that wonderful,? a Moff smirked. ?Now, there's a very credible scientists on Yaga Minor...?

?But she's a great scientist?ow! What?!?

She grabbed his shirt roughly, pulling him close, ?Jacen Solo, the last thing I want is to get involved in this huge political mess.?

?I'm sorry,? Pellaeon said. ?I'm sure Miss Quee is very studious. We were just hoping for someone a little more...practiced.?

At this Jacen felt her emotions take a drastic turn, shifting to offended. He laid a cautious hand on her arm, warning her to not say something she would regret.

?We have star charts on hand,? Pellaeon continued, sliding a datacard into the main projector. A map of the huge mass of black holes appeared over the individual holoprojectors, and dimensions scrolled over their screens. ?Now, in the third quadrant there's a pocket of??

?It'll never work,? Danni interrupted softly.

?Why not?? Leia asked, indignant.

Danni stood slowly, all hesitation evaporated in the heat of her anger. She went to the main projector in the center of the table and jabbed a finger at the area he had spoken of. ?The largest cluster is over here,? moving her finger slightly to the left, ?and would have a greater pull in that direction. The whole battle would seem like it was in a world's atmosphere. You need to calculate the exact size and dimensions of each void, then find every section of open space. Entry and exit vectors need to be found, the dividing line that if you cross there's no going back, and you need to mathematically map out the entire safe zone. Then if all that clears out you need to test the pocket itself and calculate the pull of each black hole on your position. There can't be more pull in one direction than anot

21. goddess45

Jun 17, 2005
    mine

edit- Ok now I'm kinda alittle weirded out with Jaina and all. What is with her hand?? This is the hird time you've mentioned it. Maybe I'm paranoid but you know something like that doesn't come up THREE times without a meaning. Ok enough of me being really weird. So basically until the war is over... Mara, Luke and Cighal are all dead. I would really not want to be in their position for the next 9-10 months but i'm guessing it will end in 7 months because thats when hanna was due and you said that when you said that posts would be coming more often (which is so great I can't get enough of this story) which was two months ago (in your story) when Jaina and Jag found out that hanna was going to be born so the war will end in 7 months when hanna is born. [face_hypnotized] *phew*

Great post aurra. I can't wait till sunday!!

22. aurrasingrules101

Apr 13, 2003
    sorry, i just had to reply to that.

i'm basing jaina's behavior and stuff off my sister-in-law, who is currently at eight months and about to drive my brother crazy with her mood swings and irritability. her hand has swelling and pressure, and she hasn't slept in like 2 mos. so, basically, nothing wrong with jaina, i was just tying it in to when she had to cut off the rings.

mara's the one who's sick.

23. JadeSolo

Sep 20, 2002
    Chapter 5:

A little uneasily, she wrapped a comforting arm around his broad shoulders. He leaned gently against her, taking consolation in the sympathy she offered.

I think that was just wonderful. [face_love] No, she's not happy, especially not with Leia blind to how much pain Jaina's in. Though, in all fairness, Leia seems to be first a leader, and then a mother. I don't doubt that she loves Jaina, but at the same time Jaina's entire upbringing was meant to groom her.

Anyway! That Jaina is making the best of the situation really speaks to her maturity. She's only 16, she's forced to grow up as a Jedi, a wife, a "sale." But she's realised that co-existence with Jag is possible, and I really like that gradual change. [face_love]

24. goddess45

Jun 17, 2005
    you really had me worried there for a minute aurra (if my rambling was a clue):p lol thank you!

25. ccp

ccp Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 29, 2005
    Great update.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.