main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Nash, TN DVD Deals of the Day/Week

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by DVDMaster, Jul 13, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DVDMaster

DVDMaster Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 25, 2003
    For the Week of 5/22/05 to 5/28/05. Standard abbreviations apply (BB = Best Buy, CC = Circuit City, WMT = Wal-Mart, KM = K-Mart, BTS = Behind-The-Scenes, SE = Special Edition):
    The Aviator: The 5-Oscar winner comes out on a 2-disc set for $14.99 at CC. With purchase, CC will also give you a free DVD of the Jane Russell film "The Outlaw."
    The Godfather Part II & III: The single title releases of the 2-disc versions of the final films of the Godfather Trilogy are each $12.99 at CC.
    Are We There Yet?: The Ice Cube film is $14.99 at CC.
    2-disc Collector's Editions of The Day After Tomorrow; I, Robot; & Man on Fire: Each of these films gets the 2-disc SE treatment with new featurettes and extras. Each also includes a FREE movie coupon to see "Fantastic 4" in July. Each set is $17.99 at CC.
    Pooh's Heffalump Movie: The Pooh film is $19.99 everywhere.
    Everybody Loves Raymond (Series Finale): The Pilot & the last show of the series is $4.99 at CC.
    Chappelle's Show (Season 2): The 14-episode 3-disc set is $19.99 at BB. Or buy both seasons at BB for $35.
    News Radio (Seasons 1&2): Phil Hartman's last series comes out in a 29-episode set for $27.99 at CC.
    M*A*S*H (Season 8): Saw so-long to Radar in this 25-episode 3-disc set for $27.99 at CC.
    AirWolf (Season 1): The 11-episode set is $29.99 at BB.
    Fat Actress (Season 1): The Kristie Alley Showtime series is out in a 7-episode set for $19.99 at CC.
    The Andy Griffith Show (Season 2): The 31-episode set of Sheriff Taylor's story si $29.99 at BB.
    Batman The Animated Series (Season 3): The caped crusader is in a 28-episode for $34.99 at BB. Target has the DC Comics Kid Collection The Batman Training for Power (Season 1, Vol. 1) for $9.99.
    Speed Racer (Vol. 3): The 13-episode set is in a special collector's package for $14.99 at CC.
    Moonlighting (Seasons 1&2): The 24-episode set is $32.99 at CC.
    The X-Files (All seasons): BB has all 9 seasons of the Fox series for $49.99 each (savings of $45/season).
    CC's $9.49 Deals: Star Wars Episodes I & II, Man on Fire, Wrong Turn, Garden State, The Big Black Comdy Show (Vol. 1), Garfield the Movie, Gas, SW Clone Wars Vol. 1, Paparazzi, The Clearing, First Daughter, Never Die Alone, Office Space, Super Troopers, Fight Club, There's Something MORE About Mary, The Girl Next Door (Unrated Edt.).

That's all for this week. At least I got it out during the week this time.

2. DVDMaster

Jun 25, 2003
    I'm sorry for falling behind on this thread, and hope to do better in the future. As always let me know if you want info on a specific title.

3. DVDMaster

Jun 25, 2003
    After more than a month of being AWOL, I'm glad to breath new life into this thread!

For the Week of 7/03/05 to 7/09/05. Standard abbreviations apply (BB = Best Buy, CC = Circuit City, WMT = Wal-Mart, KM = K-Mart, BTS = Behind-The-Scenes, SE = Special Edition):
    Special BB Offer: Buy any DVD in the store and receive a free "Fantastic 4" Comic Book. It includes the classic Marvel comic #62 "This Man, This Monster" as well as F4 pinup art.
    Hide & Seek: Available in FS & WS formats. The scarry Robert DeNiro & Dakota Fanning film is $14.99 at CC. The same price is true for the film BoogeyMan.
    Exclusivey at BB TV sets: Get a 4 episode run of Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Spike, Love is Hell. It's a collection of episodes starring Spike. With 2 dead slayers to his credit, he's looking for lucky number 3 with Buffy. Features episodes: School Hard, Lie To Me, Lovers Walk, & Fool For Love. The set is $14.99 at BB. For the same price, same location you can get a 6 episode set of Welcome Back, Kotter.
    In My Country: The Sam Jackson (Master Windu) set is $16.99 at Target.
    Bride & Prejudice:The Bollywood hit is $19.99 at Target & BB.
    Monk (Season 3): Get the 16-episode set of Tony Shalhoub's award winning character for $37.99 at Target.
    Tour of Duty (Season 3): Get the 21-episode, 5-disc set of the gritty Vietnam-set series for $39.99 at BB. Or get all 3 seasons for $90 at BB (online only).
    Fantastic Four (Complete Animated Series): Composed of a couple of seasons, the 4-disc set is $32.99 at BB.
    Target Deals
    $10 Disney Films:Same as the films listed in the below BB link. Target also includes "Inspector Gadget 2."
    $7.50 Titles: Willy Wonka & the Chocolate Factory, Thirteen, The Kid, Young Frankenstein, Raising Arizona, The Day the Earth Stood Still, Best of SNL Will Ferrell Vol. 1, Dune (SE, Director's Cut), & Boondock Saints.
    $10 Titles: Annie (Spec. Anniversary Edt.), Vanity Fair, Gone With the Wind, Harold & Kumar Go To White Castle (Rated), Supersize Me, LOTR: The Two Towers (2-disc), Troy (2-disc), CatWoman, & Cellular (Platinum Series).
    BB's Buy 2 and Save $4 Deal
    BB's $9.99 Disney deals
    CC's $9.99 Deals: Resident Evil: Apocalypse (2-disc), Into the Sun, Monty Python and the Quest for the Holy Grail (SE), White Chicks (Unrated & Uncut), Dazed & Confused, Baby Boy (SE), The Color Purple, Eddie Griffin's DysFunktional Family, Willy Wonka & the Chocolate Factory, She Hate Me, Unbreakable (Vista), Pulp Fistion (SE), Pirates of the Caribbean, Blazing Saddles (Anniv. SE), Full Metal Jacket, Stripes (Extended Cut), Tears of the Sun (Extended Cut), Saving Pvt. Ryan, Redemption, In the Line of Fire (SE), Silverado, Gladiator, Anacondas, Blue Collar Comedy Tour 1, Missing (1-disc), Blow (Infinifilm), 50 First Dates, Das Boot (Uncut Version), Lawrence of Arabia (1-disc), & The Patriot.

That'll more than do it for this week. Hope to see ya again next time.

4. DVDMaster

Jun 25, 2003
    Sorry for missing this particular week, but here is the report for archival purposes. For the Week of 7/10/05 to 7/16/05. Standard abbreviations apply (BB = Best Buy, CC = Circuit City, WMT = Wal-Mart, KM = K-Mart, BTS = Behind-The-Scenes, SE = Special Edition):
    Million Dollar Baby: The winner of 4 Academy Awards including Best Picture gets 2 releases a 2-disc set for $14.99 at CC ($14.88 at Antioch WMT) and a 3-disc deluxe edition for $27.99 at CC that includes a roundtable discussion with the director & cast as well as the film?s soundtrack CD.
    DodgeBall (Unrated Edt.): Some new deleted scenes and a new commentary is out for $16.99 at CC ($16.88 at Antioch WMT).
    State Property 2: Never heard of this film, but it was $16.99 at BB.
    Cry Baby: The Johnny Depp film hits DVD for the first time for $14.99 at BB.
    Disney?s Vintage Mickey: Includes the first film ?Steamboat Willie? this title was also $14.99 at BB.
    Paranoid: The Jessica Alba, Jeanne Tripplehorn film was $16.99 at Target.
    The Oblongs (Complete Series): BB exclusively has the 13-episodes of the series that is featured on Adult Swim/TBS (Friday Very Late Night). Voice talent included Will Ferrell on this $29.99 set.
    Free Offers: BB gave away a preview disc for ?Stealth? just for walking in the door. If you bought any DVD at CC you got a free sneak peak DVD of ?Wedding Crashers.?

The following box sets were cheaper for BB?s reward zone members and this price will be noted with a *:
    He-Man & the Masters of the Universe (Best of): The 10-episode set is $14.99 (*$12.99) at BB.
    Tales from the Crypt (Season 1): The 6-episode set was $22.99 (*$19.99) at BB & $16.88 at the Antioch WMT.
    The Nanny (Season 1): The 22-episode set was $24.99 (*$19.99) at BB & $16.88 at the Antioch WMT.
    Sealab 2021 (Season 3): The 13-episode set was $19.99 at MediaPlay & BB*.
    Hercules (Season 6): The 8-episode set came with a bonus disc for $29.99 (*$24.99) at BB.

That was all for that week. Remember that this post is for archive purposes only. This week?s update will be posted soon.

5. DVDMaster

Jun 25, 2003
    Sorry again for missing last week, but here is another report for archival purposes. For the Week of 7/17/05 to 7/23/05. Standard abbreviations apply (BB = Best Buy, CC = Circuit City, WMT = Wal-Mart, KM = K-Mart, BTS = Behind-The-Scenes, SE = Special Edition):
    Constantine: Available in a 1-disc version for $14.99 at CC or the 2-disc Deluxe Edt. was $22.99 also at CC. It featured 18 minutes of deleted scenes, and alternate ending, & 5 movie production documentaries.
    Man of the House: the tommy Lee Jones film appeared to be $17.99 at BB & CC. Reward Zone members got 15,000 bonus points at BB for buying this title, Diary of a Mad Black Woman, or the next title.
    Ice Princess: The Disney film was $16.99 at Target.
    Bad News Bears Triple Play Collection: Including the films: The Bad News Bears (TBNB), TBNB in Breaking Training, & TBNB Go to Japan. At BB for $16.99.
    Laguna Beach (Season 1): MTV's look at "the real O.C." came out in a 12-episode collection for $27.99 at CC & Target. CC also gave away a free charm keychain; while Target had an exclusice bonus disc with cast interviews and gave a $5 gift card with purchase. KM had the title for $24.99.

Since they're in the past we won't go over the deals that the stores offered on older titles. I will try to get this week's report up tomorrow (no promises). As always contact me about info on a particular title.

6. obi-TN

obi-TN Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 7, 2003
    Instead of putting up archival, why don't you do the current week first?

7. DVDMaster

Jun 25, 2003
    I put up the archival so that (hopefully) anyone who wants the newest info can go straight to the last post. That way they wouldn't have to hunt and find this week's info buried under archival data.

8. DVDMaster

Jun 25, 2003
    For the Week of 7/24/05 to 7/30/05. Standard abbreviations apply (BB = Best Buy, CC = Circuit City, WMT = Wal-Mart, KM = K-Mart, BTS = Behind-The-Scenes, SE = Special Edition):
    XXX:State of the Union (SE): The sequel is $14.99 at CC.

King's Ransom: The Anthoney Anderson film is also $14.99 at CC.

Blast: The Eddie Griffith film is $16.99 at BB.

The Upside of Anger: The Joan Allen/Kevin Costner romantic commedy is $16.99 at Target.

Steamboy: Because they just won't stop with the Anime films comes this title for $17.99 at BB or get the gift set (details unavailable) for $39.99 at BB.

Not Another Teen Movie (Unrated Extended Director's Cut: Now with 11 minutes of never-before seen footage is this title for $14.99 at BB.

The Jerk (26th Anniversary Edt.): Steve Martin was "born a poor black child" in this new version of the film for $12.99 at CC.

Battlestar Galactica (Season 1 - UK Edt.): Hopefully you read my report in the DVD Thread, but if a true fan you might as well wait on this version of Season 1 and get the better fleshed out US version in 2 months. If you must the BB exclusive is $49.99 (reg. price, NOT on sale). Includes a bonus disc with a sneak preview of "Serenity."

Star Trek: Enterprise (Season 2): The 7-disc 26-episode set is $99.99 at BB. No word on if they are having any bonus discs for this release as they usually do.

The following titles are all offered cheaper to member's of BB's Reward Zone plan, those excusive prices are $19.99 each:
    3rd Rock From the Sun (Season 1): The award winning series comes to disc, but does not include the original intros with James Earl Jones. The 4-disc 20-episode set is $24.99 at KM or $18.88 at the Antioch WMT.

Gilligan's Island (Season 3): See the wacky antics of the Castaways in a 30-episode set for $29.99 at BB.

The Brady Bunch (Season 2): The '70s are still alive in theis 23-episode set for $27.99 at CC.

Remington Steele (Season 1): Before he was 007, Pierce Brosnan was this well-known P.I. fronting for another woman. The first 12 episodes are $27.99 at CC.

The Mary Tyler Moore Show (Season 2): The 24-episode set is $24.99 at BB.

$6.99 Deals at CC: Harlem Nights, Deliverance, Boomerang, The 5 Heartbeeps, The Hunt for Red October (SE), Menace II Society, 10 Things I hate About You, 48 Hours, Enter the Dragon, Thin Red Line, The Whole 10 Yards, The Whole 9 Yards, Mortal Kombat, MK: Annihilation, Reservoir Dogs, Kings of Comedy, My Cousin Vinny, Trading Places, The Long Kiss Goddnight, Money Talks, Above The Law, Training Day, 3 Kings, & The 1st Wives Club.

BB's 2 for $20 Deal

Target Deals:
    $7.50 each: Dune (SE), the Last of the Mohicans, Boys Don't Cry, SNL: The Best of Chris Farley, & Young Guns (SE).
    $10 Each: Barbie FairyTopia, Philadelphia, Stripes (Extend Version), LOTR: Return of the King (2-disc), & American Psycho
    Season Sets: Bob Newhart Show (S1) is $19.99, M*A*S*H (S8) is $24.99, Ren & Stimpy (S3) is $19.99, Chappelle's Show (S2) is 21.99, Full House (S1) is $21.99, Sex & the City (S1) is $21.99, Newlyweds Nick & Jessica (S1) is $16.99 & Gilmore Girls (S1) is $39.99.

Media Play is also having a Buy 2 DVDs get the 3rd Free deal on selected titles. See there ad in stor for details.

Well, finally got the report out before the week is over. I'm tired and am going to stop now.

9. audiogirl21

audiogirl21 Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 30, 2001
    "He-Man & the Masters of the Universe (Best of)"

is that the original?! like i watched and loved oh so much when i was like...4????

or is it that new junk. ;) [face_sick]

Thunder Cats is coming out soon on box set!!!!! cant wait!! [face_dancing]

10. DVDMaster

Jun 25, 2003
    That's the original He-Man from the '80s. Thundercats comes out tomorrow (sorry don't have my ads with me today).

11. audiogirl21

Dec 30, 2001
    cooooool. i didn't know they were releasing he man, too!! yay! :)

already got Thundercats pre ordered!

:)

12. Hama

Hama Retired GSA, Retired RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2000
    Season 1 of The Muppet Show comes out on DVD tomorrow, too. Might need to make a midnight Walmart run for that one.

13. audiogirl21

Dec 30, 2001
  14. Kir Kanos

Kir Kanos Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 8, 1999
    Has anyone seen the deluxe 2 disc edition of Batman Begins? I've been to Sam's Club, Target & Walmart. Evidently it had production or shipping problems because NOBODY seems to have it, even though its being advertised everywhere. Amazon.com has it for order (shipping times not given), but both Best Buy (who is advertising an exclusive cover) & WallyWorld show it either Out of Stock or Backordered.

15. obi-TN

obi-TN Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 7, 2003
    I saw it at the Borders Books on West End. BestBuy.com shows it as being in stock at the 6 closest stores to Nashville.

16. DVDMaster

Jun 25, 2003
    I haven't seen it yet. When I stopped at my WMT (that has it for $14.87) I could only find the FS versions. Somtimes there are huge shipping delays and then you end up finding the disc weeks later for the inflated price. They did this to "Star Trek Generations" for some reason.. yanked them off the shelf and they appeared at Sam's Club for a short time, and now they can be found at BB or MediaPlay. I'd try ordering it through BB.com, Scott and trying for an instore pick-up to get that cover.

17. Scruff

Scruff Jedi Padawan star 4

May 25, 1999
    No mention of Space Above and Beyond? That set hit Amazon back in late August or early September. Currently running $34.99.

18. DVDMaster

Jun 25, 2003
    Well I haven't done any updates to this thread in awhile, partly because of negative attitudes from one nameless member & because of pressing work stuff (that I haven't really caught up on). Since I'm the primary user of this thread I wanted to throw some archive updates & some newer stuff.
    Archive stuff:
    For the week of 11/15/05:
    Friends (Season 10): The final season was wrapped up in a 4-disc set for $27.99 at CC.
    Scrubs (Season 2): The 4-disc set was the same as above. BB had a bonus disc so I price matched that sucker.
    That 70s Show (Season 3): This season set was $32.99 at CC & BB.

For the week of 11/22 & 11/23:
    Seinfeld (Season 5 & 6): The individual season sets were $34.99 each at BB and include a bonus CD with 21 min. of Jerry Seinfeld's "funniest stand-up comedy." For $79.99 at BB you could get the gift set that included both seasons, a customized replica of the puffy shirt, an original notepad of Jerry's onghand written script from an episode and 23 minutes of bloopers in each season.
    Polar Express: CC had this film for $13.99 for 2-days
    War of the Worlds: Tom Cruise's big summer film was also $13.99 at CC. For $14.99 at BB you could get the film along with a collector's 200 page book that contains the the screenplay & 24-pages of color photos.

Advance Black Friday Notice
    As a way to give back I'm summerizing each stores', rumored (although highly likely) Black Friday specials. I'm breaking it down by each store's DVD offerings. WMT's $8 deals are confirmed due to an early flyer they put out, but the other stores' is depending on Internet intelligence and can only be confirmed in tomorrow's newspaper. All prices listed are for 11/25/05 only. Times will be listed when available.

Wal-Mart:
    $8.00 each from 5-11AM: Bewitched (film), Kicking & Screaming, Robots, Kingdom of Heaven, the longest Yard (Sandler), & The Interpreter.
    $3.44 each 5-11AM: Welcome to Mooseport, Minority Report, Road to Predition, Entrapment, and others.
    $19.86 TV seasons: Friends (S1?), Dukes of Hazzard, Everybody Loves Ramond, ER, The West Wing (S1?)
    $9.44 each: A man Apart, Seven, Starsky & Hutch (film), 50 1st Dates, Mystic River, Half Baked, & others.
    $13.72 films: Assorted films including AVP, Phantom of the opera, Passion etc. nothing too new.

Target times unknown
    $5.88 each: Lord of the Rings, meet the Fockers, Friday Night Lights, Anchorman, Shrek 2, Harry Potter, Shark Tale, Scooby-Doo 2, & others
    $14.88: Madagascar
    $17.88 each: That 70's Show (S3), The Simpsons (S6), Sex in the City (S6, Prt. 2), Laguna Beach (S1), Family Guy (V.2), & select other DVD box sets.
    $8.88: Kingdom Hearts, Bewitched, Family Guy DVDs (?)

Circuit City: 5-11AM
    Assorted films for $4.99 each (too many to list)
    $8.99 each: The Incredibles, Cinderella (lmt Ed.), Robots, Kingdom of Heaven, Napolean Dynomited, & Elf.
    $7.99 each: LOTR, Harry Potter (all 3), Sideways, Ice Age, Day After Tomorrow, Man on Fire, AVP, I Robot, X2, Bratz, Rudolph Red Nosed Reindeer, & Master & Commander
    Various season sets: ranging from $12.99 to $15.99 for most sets. 24 (S3) is $21.99 & Curb Your Enthusiasm (S1) is $19.99.

Best Buy From opening till Noon
    $3.99 each: Shark Tale, Thje Grinch, Pianist, 8 Mile, Beautiful Mind, Minority Report, Cat in the Hat, Honey, Billy Madison, Catch Me If You Can, Road to Perdition, Happy Gilmore, Along Came Polly.
    $19.99 multiple seasons: 24, The Shield, & Seinfeld
    $14.99 each: Chapelle's Show (S2), Arrested Development, & Sex & the City.
    $9.99 each: Interpreter, Kingdom of Heaven, Bewitched, Amityville Horror, Kicking & Screaming.
    $5.99 each: Meet the Parents/Fockers, Anchorman, Shrek 2, Apollo 13, Friday Night Lights.

Again all are rumors, but thanks should go out to bfads.net. There will be no final update so to find the official news go to stor

19. Hama

Jun 14, 2000
    Just an FYI for everyone. If you're buying Harry Potter 4 today, make sure you get the Special Edition (in the silver packaging). The regular widescreen and fullscreen editions don't have the deleted scenes and other extras. Kinda sucks, since we got that for free with Harry Potter 1-3. Now instead of $14.84, it cost me $22.84 (Walmart at 5520 Nolensville Pike).

20. jedichic07

jedichic07 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 28, 2002
    Why did they do that??? Ugh! It's not like they made the movie 3 hours long like it should have been according to how big the book was. I thought they would have included tons of deleted stuff to make us Harry Potter fans happy at no extra charge!

21. darthleppard

darthleppard Jedi Master star 1

Apr 27, 2002
    $20.99 at target (wal-mart...evil...never...even if it WAS cheaper!)

22. Kir Kanos

Kir Kanos Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 8, 1999
    Best buy was the same price as Target. Plus Best Buy is taking pre-orders for The Lion, the Witch, & the Wardrobe (April 4th). If you preorder it you also get $5 off any Disney movie. So I picked up Lady & the Tramp for my daughter.

23. DVDMaster

Jun 25, 2003
    Just bumping this thread up for the mean time, don't want to see it get closed off.

Stay tuned for the upcoming rebirth of the DVD Deals thread.

24. Hama

Jun 14, 2000
    Let me know where the best deal on Reno 911! Season Three is... it's high up on my list. (release date is tomorrow)

25. DVDMaster

Jun 25, 2003
    The best price for Reno 911! Season 3 appears to be $16.99 at Best Buy. I think other stores had it for $1 more, but $16.99 was the lowest I saw in the ads (Good thing you asked about a DVD I was interested in) & going totally off the top of my head I'm 99% sure BB was the only place with that price.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.