main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:WA DvD/Movie reviews

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by Stinky_jawa, Apr 26, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stinky_jawa

Stinky_jawa Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 7, 2000
    I noticed a few threads ended up talking about dvds/movies, and since my 4.5 second look at the threads list showed no topics for talking about opinions on existing movies, i thought why not?

Any movies u see, either on tape, VCD, DvD, Laserdisc or hell, even in the movies etc etc.. give it a proper review, tell us what u thought of it.. so we can go see the "greatest film of all time" or avoid "the crappiest pile of steaming..." well, you get the point :)
    (ps, if there is a thread for this kind of thing.. soz, i didnt see it)

Ok then, I just watched a DVD of a movie called Mutronics, not sure how old it is or anything, but one of the main characters is played by Mark Hamill.

I thought his acting was half-arsed ('scuse me ladies but its the truth) and soOoOo wooden. Not a bad film (if your looking for a good laugh at some shocking plastic monsters) I gave it 5 stars out of 10, and that was being generous.

SUMMARY
    Mutronics: Glad I didnt buy that DvD

2. soneil

soneil Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 30, 2000
    I know you said you weren't sure how old it was but did it look Pre-Starwars old? I've seen a couple of his earlier ones so I think I've got a bit of an idea what you mean. Corvette Summer was one of his early ones and that was a typical 70s teenage, show some breasts now and then type of film. I also saw a bit of some quaint old farm-style film with a younger Mark Hamill in it.
    I must say though I think he makes a pretty darn good Christopher Blair in the Wing Commander PC games. Better than that acting free pin-up boy that was in the Wing Commander movie (Freddie Prinze Jnr).

One movie I'd have to recommend for those who haven't seen it is Hercules Returns. It's an Australian movie from about 10 or so years back. It might not suit everyone's taste in humour but I've seen it a few times and think it's hilarious.
    It's about a couple of guys who work for a big cinema chain, sort of like Hoyts/Greater Union. They get fed up and decide to quit and open their own cinema, so they buy an old cinema that's been closed for years. For their opening they decide to show the last movie that was screened in that old cinema before it closed. The movie just hapenned to be an old version of Hercules.
    Their old employer decides to sabotage things by arranging for them to get an Italian copy of the film. When they realise this, they and a female friend of theirs (played by the girl who was Effie in Acropolis Now - don't let that put you off) decide to dub their own dialogue over the film. Obviously, they don't follow the original film. It's a crack up.

3. Grieyls

Grieyls Jedi Knight star 6

Dec 2, 2000
    Yeah I saw that movie, it just cracked me up.

4. Stinky_jawa

Dec 7, 2000
    Was talking to the person i borrowed the DvD from, it was made in the 90's... so not that old..

5. Stinky_jawa

Dec 7, 2000
    Movie Being Reviewed: American Psycho

SWWWWEEEEEEEET Film, not for the person with a sensitive stomach.. No-one famous (that I know of) in it.
    Im not sure if its on DvD or Tape yet, I watched the vcd version.

9 Axes from a possible 10.. (GOOD FILM)

6. Dsource

Dsource Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 12, 2000
    Christian Bale (Patrick Bateman) was the young boy, James Graham in "Empire Of The Sun" directed by Steven Spielberg in 1987

7. Stinky_jawa

Dec 7, 2000
    Movie Reviewed: Guyver, Dark Hero

The continuation of Mutronics, and a much better film.
    While still being a lower budget film, the monsters/hero look less plasticy than before and the acting/fighting is better too.
    6 stars out of 10

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.