main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

DVD?

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by DarthStothe, Mar 19, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthStothe

DarthStothe Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 2, 2002
    Hi, I was just thinking about the Clone Wars TV Shorts and thought about, and was wondering, would bringing these shorts to DVD after they have aired a good idea? I think it might be, so we could all have them to watch. Or should they put the shorts onto the EP3 DVD? That might be a good idea. Thoughts?

Locking only out the the fact that the other has more replies. :)

2. weezer

weezer Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 16, 2001
    If I had to guess I would say both ;)

I think that it will be similar to the R2 doc availible on both the ep-III DVD as well as a special one availible from CN.com.

I hope there is a whole clone war section on the Ep-III disc with not just the shorts but comic and book excerts as well as toy photos.

3. Attack_of_the_Ewoks

Attack_of_the_Ewoks Jedi Youngling star 4

Mar 8, 2003
    who knows? Nobody but GL.

4. evanchester

evanchester Jedi Youngling star 2

May 25, 2002
    I don't know if they will put all the Clone War cartoons with Episode 3, because that might necessitate a third disc.

5. weezer

May 16, 2001
    I don't think it would take a third disk. Look at all of the stuff on the second disc of AOTC. A few 2 min cartoons wouldn't take up any more space than the hundreds of web documentaries.

6. Joey7F

Joey7F Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 18, 2000
    Yeah but they may want to seperate it for financial reasons.

--Joey

7. weezer

May 16, 2001
    True, which is why I think it will also be made availible seperatly from the DVD. That way they get your money twice :p

8. GrandAlmightyMaster

GrandAlmightyMaster Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 30, 2003
    I heard somewhere that they were going to be released on DVD. It didn't mention anything about the EP3 DVD.

9. Mavos

Mavos Jedi Youngling

Apr 9, 2003
    Okay, Star Wars Trilogy on DVD? DOes it exist?

[edited]

Are these legitimate, or fake? They all have the same pictures and boxes. Did George release it with out telling anyone?

WHAT'S GOING ON?

YJ edit: They're illegal bootlegs, and they aren't to be linked to here.

10. weezer

May 16, 2001
    Well sir I would say those are all bootlegs. The Chinese subtitles and the all region thing kinda gives it away. I had heard that there was an austrailian version of the OT on DVD as a sort of present for the hospitality of the country during the shooting of AOTC but I think someone was just pulling my leg because I think the very vocal Ozzy population here would be rubbing that in our faces. :p

11. Trojan_Sock

Trojan_Sock Jedi Youngling star 4

Feb 27, 2003
    You can buy them legally on VCD, but that's about it.

12. weezer

May 16, 2001
    And even with VCDs you run the risk of bootlegs. I'm not saying that all VCDs are bootlegs. In fact my understanding is that they are very popular in the pacific rim areas. The problem is that some unscrupulus people will try selling VCDs they made them selves and pass them off as offical.

Besides VCDs are only a step above VHS. The only reason I have anything on VCD is because the tapes were getting worn. Once the materal I have on VCD comes out on DVD I'll trash those peices of junk.

13. Mavos

Mavos Jedi Youngling

Apr 9, 2003
    But how could all those sites have the same picture for the boxes? Is there one guy bootleging it for all the companies?

14. weezer

May 16, 2001
    Well, my understanding is that bootlegging in certain Asian countries is big buisness, mainly because their laws don't recognize it as bootlegging. Thats one of the reasons that AOTC came out so early in Asia is because the law stipulates something about anything with a more than one month gap between its intital release and its asian premire is not protected under copyright law.

15. DarthStothe

DarthStothe Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 2, 2002
    Any more thoughts after so long?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.