main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Echoes of the Past (NJO, Jaina/Jag, post DW) - Love Letter Challenge Entry 02/24/04

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by TKeira_Lea, Dec 14, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LaYa_

LaYa_ Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 21, 2003
    You did it in two days! :eek:

Yeah... and I'm lurking on Legacy 'cause I don't have time enough to post reviews... I mean.. good ones.

2. lurker2209

lurker2209 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 9, 2005
    It really should be criminal to write this good when people have DRL demanding attention! After two days and the better part of the night reading this, I find it was well worth it. I don't normally read much J/J because I haven't had time to read all the NJO books, but I've come to the conclusion that I will read almost anything if it's really well written. And this certainly is. It takes a lot of skill to make a novel lenght story work, and you've got it!

I wish I could comment on each chapter specifically, but that would take another two days, and classes start wednesday! Of all the things I really love about the story, the first is the way you handle the ensemble cast. J and J are the stars, but you work the best parts of all the other characters and relationships into the story.

A few comments about some of the characters.

Kyp--love the way you handle Jania/Jag/Kyp issues. Love triangles are such a pain, so I'm glad you didn't play up that aspect! I have no idea what you do in the sequel, but I can't wait for the resolution to Kyp's love for Jaina. It would be beautiful to see him find happiness with someone else, but it would also be somehow fitting to see him meet a noble, tragic end. Along the lines of "It is a far, far better thing that I do, than I have ever done. It is a far, far better rest that I go to, than I have ever known." Maybe he sacrifices himself for Jaina or Jag when fiting Zekk? Just a thought, I've been a sucker for noble sacrifices ever since ANH! (suppresses Obi-worship!)

Danni--As a biochem major myself I have a bit of sympathy for the poor girl. But I haven't read any NJO with her in it, so I'll reserve judgment. Still, it seems you could just leave her happily on Csilla, solving the medical problems of the galaxy. Danni the hermit scientist wouldnt' be too anoying, right?

L/M and Ben--Loved the moment when the Jedi kids came back. Heartbreaking because you realized how much Mara especially sacrificed in being away from her son and so sweet and tender at the same time. L/M have always been one of my favorites and that was a beautiful little bonus!

Kiera--beautiful name! Love the way it tied into the story Obi-Wan told Padme. Any chace you'd expand on that with a little story of it's own? Please? (There goes that blasted Obi-Worship again!) O, and just a random thought that occured to me. Wouldn't it be cool if Kiera, once she was older found something of Tahl's, like a journal or a lightsaber or something? Just a random thought!

I could go on for pages, but I have spend far too long in a little cocoon world that consists of me, my computer and your fic. I should probably go do some of those important things in life like eating, sleeping, wearing real clothes, convincing my roommates I'm not dead, etc! I'm itching to read the sequal, and you'll probably see my comments on it sometime soon, but a marathon read like this deserves at least a little break!

~Lurker

3. TKeira_Lea

TKeira_Lea Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 10, 2002
    I see I need to check over here more often (poor forgotten Classic Boards)

LaYa_: Yeah... and I'm lurking on Legacy 'cause I don't have time enough to post reviews... I mean.. good ones.
    You can just wave on ocassion...or lurk. It's all good ;)

lurker2209: It really should be criminal to write this good when people have DRL demanding attention!
    I think it should be criminal to interfere with my writing. Did you hear that DRL? :p

It takes a lot of skill to make a novel lenght story work, and you've got it!
    THANKS! :D

Just a thought, I've been a sucker for noble sacrifices ever since ANH! (suppresses Obi-worship!)
    Me too!

Danni--As a biochem major myself I have a bit of sympathy for the poor girl. But I haven't read any NJO with her in it, so I'll reserve judgment. Still, it seems you could just leave her happily on Csilla, solving the medical problems of the galaxy. Danni the hermit scientist wouldnt' be too anoying, right?
    Probably not. Poor Danni...the thing was in the NJO she was never really championed by any of the writers. Her character seemed to morph to fit what was needed for that book. So it was hard just to figure out who she was.

Kiera--beautiful name! Love the way it tied into the story Obi-Wan told Padme. Any chace you'd expand on that with a little story of it's own? Please? (There goes that blasted Obi-Worship again!)
    I do want to write that...one day. *sighs wistfully*

Thanks again for the great feedback!

4. JediJainaSoloFel

JediJainaSoloFel Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 5, 2004
    Just made this into a word document so I can read it this summer when I'm cut off from the internet.

Now on to do the same for Legacy and CoJF!!!

5. TKeira_Lea

Oct 10, 2002
    Wildcat brings up a great point. If anyone needs this story in Word I am more than willing to send it to you. Just send me a PM ;)

6. lurker2209

lurker2209 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 9, 2005
    I think it should be criminal to interfere with my writing. Did you hear that DRL?

Actually, oddly enough DRL inspires me, although it interfers with actually having time to write. I have notebooks full of plot ideas that came to me the night before a big test. But when it's christmas vacation and I have nothing to do...I get writer's block!

Poor Danni...the thing was in the NJO she was never really championed by any of the writers. Her character seemed to morph to fit what was needed for that book. So it was hard just to figure out who she was.

Ah...that's always hard. Characters with no consistent chracterization, or with a hodgepodge characterization rarely work well.

I do want to write that...one day. *sighs wistfully*

I know the feeling. Let me know if you ever get the chance!

~Lurker

P.S. Can you send me the word file for legacy so far? It'd be much easier to catch up that way. I'd PM you, but the boards won't let me use PM's until I post 20 messages!

7. TKeira_Lea

Oct 10, 2002
    lurker: Will do! Need to check your bio to be sure there is an email address...

8. TheSheryl

TheSheryl Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 21, 2004
    It is almost a year later. I found this fanfic while looking for stories about Jag and Jaina. There were nights I spent six hours reading chapters of this story. It is so incredibly wonderful! The characterizations were perfect! The action was great. The dialogue was moving. I swear, if this was a book, I wouldn't have been able to put it down. I know there was one night I started at 6:30pm and didn't shut down my computer until 1:30am. And that was just one night. There were other nights where is spent a good 2-4 hours reading chapters. Forcing myself to find a place to stop. It took me a week to read this story. Thank you so much for writing it. I look forward to reading the sequel. Thank you again! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

9. JediJainaSoloFel

JediJainaSoloFel Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 5, 2004
    Hey Sheryl! We'll look forward to seeing you at Legacy and in the third installment.

You have now inspired me to once again re-read this story!:D

10. Kohn_Fang

Kohn_Fang Jedi Youngling

Jun 20, 2005
    Hey ive been sacrificing the 11 summerwork assignmenst i have to read this, and it has taken me quite some time(and many bannings from the comp)but i fifnished it, great story by the way, one of the best represtentations of jag that i've seen yet, i hate it when writers forget that he was born into a Chiss society, and forget the level of Chiss.....wats the word....rulefollowing? lol neway ya great stroy

ya and thanks for stealing my time :p

oh ya im a Lurker by nature

11. TKeira_Lea

Oct 10, 2002
    TheSheryl: There were nights I spent six hours reading chapters of this story.

It's addictive like chocolate :p

It is so incredibly wonderful! The characterizations were perfect! The action was great. The dialogue was moving.

Aye! [face_blush]

I swear, if this was a book, I wouldn't have been able to put it down.

Music to my ears :D

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

No. Thank you [:D]

Wildcat: You have now inspired me to once again re-read this story!

ACK! The scary truth is that some of you have read the story more than I have...

Kohn_Fang: Hey ive been sacrificing the 11 summerwork assignmenst i have to read this, and it has taken me quite some time(and many bannings from the comp)but i fifnished it,

Better than homework any day ;)

great story by the way, one of the best represtentations of jag that i've seen yet,

Wow! Thanks [face_blush]

i hate it when writers forget that he was born into a Chiss society, and forget the level of Chiss.....wats the word....rulefollowing?

Oh I try to never forget he was raised among the Chiss. It's what I like about him. [face_love]

WELCOME SHERYL AND KOHN_FANG!

12. goddess45

goddess45 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 17, 2005
    PLEASE tell me why you put me through so much SUFFERING waiting for you to post the story of fanfiction.net!?!?!?!

:eek: :eek: [face_tired]

I just found that this COMPLETED story today and i was so happy!!!!!(though i must admit i was alittle upset you didn't post this wonderful completed story on ff.n.....but how good the story was made up for it:D )

It turned out very nicely and i enjoyed reading it!!

As always keep up the good work [face_peace]

Goddess45

13. TKeira_Lea

Oct 10, 2002
    Sorry Goddess45! The formatting on FF.net just kills me so I only post there when I have time to go through a chapter and get it right ;) Glad you found it over here though! :D

Hope you catch up on Legacy, EotP's sequel, too. [face_dancing]

14. Jedi_Sword

Jedi_Sword Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 27, 2005
    HI! I just have to say that your fanfic finally made me register and everything, 'cause I just had to reply! You officially delurked me - I LOVED it! :D I read the whole thing in two days - it was addicting. You stayed so true to the characters, it was like reading an actual installment of the Star Wars universe. =D= I just started reading Legacy, and I had to come back and post a reply over here at Echoes to let you know how much I love your writing! Although I myself have been partial to Jaina and Kyp for years, your wonderful writing made up for it and I was stuck with the story, 'cause how couldn't I keep reading? I LOVE IT!!!!!!!
    Your devoted fan,
    JS
    :D

15. TKeira_Lea

Oct 10, 2002
    Jedi_Sword: HI!

Hi! Welcome!

I just have to say that your fanfic finally made me register and everything, 'cause I just had to reply!

Gotta love that ;)

I read the whole thing in two days - it was addicting.

Like chocolate? [face_hypnotized]

You stayed so true to the characters, it was like reading an actual installment of the Star Wars universe. =D=

Thank you. I am always honored by praise for my characters.

I just started reading Legacy, and I had to come back and post a reply over here at Echoes to let you know how much I love your writing!

The Wraiths look forward to greeting you once you catch up [:D]

16. DreamingIce

DreamingIce Jedi Knight star 3

Aug 8, 2005
    Hi TKL! I'm only new, but I've been one of your FFN readers. I joined and Then found out you had EotP completed here... Well lets just say that my family has been trying (and failing;) ) to drag me away from the computer since.

This story was fanastic! I loved how you kept managing to weave in those bits of humour. Two of my faves being the following:

?Control, this is Aces Lead. Vanguards have vanished. Possible Yuuzhan Vong weapon. Aces taking evasive actions.?

Wedge leaned over the controller and borrowed his headset. ?Yub, yub, Aces Lead. Vanguard Squadron decided to go Wraith. There?s no Vong weapon.?

Wes?s voice boomed through the headset so all could hear it. ?Sithspit, Antilles! I am going to be as gray as you by the time this is over. How do you want us to proceed??

[face_laugh][face_laugh] Getting some of your own medicince doesn't suit you Wes?

AND...
    ?Now where did my son learn how to kiss like that?? Soontir remarked.
    Jag?s eyes never veered from Jaina?s brown orbs. She repeated the question. ?Yeah, where did you learn to kiss like that??
    ?From mother?s holos.?

[face_mischief][face_laugh] *snickers to self* Priceless. Utterly Priceless.

All and all, I just want to congratulate you on this.=D= Now I have to go find Legacy... :)

17. TKeira_Lea

Oct 10, 2002
    DreamingIce: WELCOME!

(pardon if this reply is short but I'm managing with a sling)

Hi TKL! I'm only new, but I've been one of your FFN readers. I joined and Then found out you had EotP completed here... Well lets just say that my family has been trying (and failing ) to drag me away from the computer since.

Now that's what I like to hear :D Glad you found this over here.

This story was fanastic! I loved how you kept managing to weave in those bits of humour. Two of my faves being the following:

Some of my faves parts too. I had a good laugh rereading them [face_laugh]

All and all, I just want to congratulate you on this. Now I have to go find Legacy...

Hope to hear from you at the end of that long read... [:D]

18. Madame_Solo

Madame_Solo Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 27, 2005
    Yes, well, I am a fan who started out reading this story at fanfiction.com, and I must say, I am so happy with how the story turned out. I would go right to the sequel, but alas, I must sleep.
    Again TKL, I must commend you on your wonderful writing skills. This will always be my favorite fanfiction because it was my first love so to speak. I'm glad I was able to "cheat" and not wait for the rest to come out on ff.com.
    Also, fromt he interesting comments I have seen....you Wraiths intrigue me. Tell me, is there some sort of official group you belong to or are you just unofficial?

Hearts,
    Madame Solo [face_love]

19. TKeira_Lea

Oct 10, 2002
    Well I think you've found the Wraiths ;) And we're officially unofficial. (How's that for a Wedgism? :p ) I'd say too there are definite advantages to reading in a straight shot. I had a pal once say, "Oh I'll catch up on EotP when I can." There was a new profic SW book at the time. And out of the blue he PMs to say he couldn't stop reading Echoes and left the profic for later. Made me smile :D

Hope to see you at the end of Legacy. Get some well deserved I-) first

20. Master_Jaina1011

Master_Jaina1011 Jedi Master star 4

May 20, 2002
    So if i remember correctly i spent all thursday night reading this story from where i left off and since then reading Legacy.. about half way through that one. This wonderful writing... I absolutely love it. I really wish post NJO could have turned out like this. And I have to say this story was definitely worth staying up till 3am for!!!

I'm off to finish Legacy!

~MJ1011

21. Jedi_Jaina_Durron

Jedi_Jaina_Durron Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 1, 2001
    Yeah, so I'm really getting mad about the Dark Nest books, and I wanted to purge most of it from my mind so I decided to go back and read some stuff that had Jacen and Jaina written correctly (i.e. not half-insect or half-Sith).

I've spent the past week rereading this, TKL, and I admit that at first I was a little hesistant: what if I didn't love it as much this time around?

Silly me. :p Two years later, it's still as beautiful and heartbreaking and wonderful as it was the first time I experienced it. We've all said it a thousand times, but in anticipation for Healing Hearts (I'm so excited I could cry!), I thought I'd say it again.

Thanks for all the time and love and sweat you put into this story that you could invest somewhere else. It's made my life a little brighter, and I want to thank you for it. Thanks for putting up with all the craziness induced by the Wraiths. ;) Thanks for your dedication to the characters and to the truths hidden in what SW really means.

Thanks for the ride, TKL.

22. TKeira_Lea

Oct 10, 2002
    3 AM!!! Wow! Now that's dedication. Of course I recall having nagging bunnies beat me over the head until I got up and wrote them (at 3 AM!) As it stands I wish the post-NJO could turn out this way, although admittedly my focus has been very J/J.

Ow wow! Hugs [:D] Honestly I get a little nervous rereading Echoes. It was an ambitious endeavor for a first story. I have learned a lot about writing since I started this story and there are many goofs. Still I think the heart of the story is pure - excluding all those POV shifts and silly grammar goofs.

Thanks for coming along for the ride :D

23. jaina_clan_solo

jaina_clan_solo Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 14, 2005
    Alright, I think that it has been at least a week since I started reading this story, and I finally finished it. TKeira_Lea I am in awe, this story was really amazing. I LOVED IT!!!

Everything in your story was spot on, the angst, the mush, the action... everything.

I would like to say thank you for sharing your work with us, and now I'm going to go searching for the sequel so that I can start reading that too! :D

jcs

24. TKeira_Lea

Oct 10, 2002
    JCS: Alright, I think that it has been at least a week since I started reading this story, and I finally finished it.

Finished it in a week. I'm impressed! =D=

TKeira_Lea I am in awe, this story was really amazing. I LOVED IT!!!

Oh, why thank you [face_blush]

Everything in your story was spot on, the angst, the mush, the action... everything.

This story was a fun learning experience. It was my first venture into writing and a journey of discovery. I'm glad you could see through the rough spots [:D]

I would like to say thank you for sharing your work with us, and now I'm going to go searching for the sequel so that I can start reading that too!

Thank you for responding. I hope you enjoy Legacy and that we see you at Healing Hearts.

25. Jagged_Fels_Goddess

Jagged_Fels_Goddess Jedi Youngling

Mar 28, 2006
    TKL - OMG! That was so good. I can't believe I finally got it done. Now on to Legacy.

Angel4evaM - Thank you so much. I never would of gotten this done without your help. I love you chicka.

*Skips happily off to find Legacy and begin reading it.*

~Jagged

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.