main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Edmonton Edmontooine Book Thread

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by geekgirl76, Jan 21, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. liannb

liannb Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 30, 2002
    still reading angels and demons, no where near as good as da vinci or else i'd be finished it already

2. Rogue_Thunder

Rogue_Thunder FanForce CR, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada star 6

Jan 7, 2003
  3. geekgirl76

geekgirl76 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 29, 2002
    LOL :p (my feelings on KJA any day of the week)

As for Timeline, it's a way better book, as is all his stuff they made into movies. The movie changed so much of the story, and cut out about 70% of it. I'm still waiting for Digital Fortress but I haven't had much tome to read lately.

4. Rogue_Thunder

Jan 7, 2003
    Yeah. I love Penny Arcade.

What's Digital Fortress about?

5. fingthething

fingthething Jedi Master star 4

Nov 6, 2001
    Did you see the one about the movie Troy? So funny! :)

6. Rogue_Thunder

Jan 7, 2003
    LOL yeah, with the Hulk and Legolas winning the war or something like that. Pure GOLD

7. liannb

Jun 30, 2002
    I finished Angels and Demons, it was really good, I still liked da vinci's code better though. I am re-reading Harry Potter and the prisoner of azkaban. next I'll start heir to the empire.

8. Indigo_Jade

Indigo_Jade Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 23, 2002
    Well now that I have them both (thanks again Liann! :) ) I am not sure which one to read first. From the sounds of it, Angels and Demons isn't as good as Da Vinci, so maybe I should read it first so that I am not "dissapointed" in it after reading Da Vinci. On the other hand, I don't want to get discouraged reading A&D and never get around to reading DaV.

Decisions, decisions...

9. liannb

Jun 30, 2002
    put aside heir to the empire and start reading da vinci code, angels and demons isn't a disapointment its just not as enthralling at the start, its very good once the chase is on read it second though

10. Indigo_Jade

Apr 23, 2002
    LOL, I actually need to update that... already finished Heir to the Empire, and I am about 3/4 of the way through Dark Force Rising already... ;)

But I will take your advice and read DaVinci first... might even start it tonight... :)

11. Rogue_Thunder

Jan 7, 2003
    What do you think of those Infinities and Open Seasons I lent you Indy?

12. Indigo_Jade

Apr 23, 2002
    So far I have only read the ANH one... it was really cool to see the story from "a different point of view" so to speak... :)

13. Indigo_Jade

Apr 23, 2002
    Well, after I finished Dark Force Rising, I decided just to complete the trifecta and read The Last Command as well.

So between the rest of DFR, and all of TLC, the RPG all day saturday, and having the kids all day today, I wasn't able to get to DaVinci yet; but I am done TLC already, so I should be opening up DaVinci in about 15 minutes or so... ;)

14. Rogue_Thunder

Jan 7, 2003
    TTT, DFR, TLC, RPG... We use waaay too many acronyms :p

Anyway, I'm just about finished The Dark Glory War. I would have finished it sooner but I'm not reading at my usual speed. It's a great book and I'd defintely recommend it to Stackpole fans. I just can't seem to concentrate lately, though :(

I'm planning on starting On a Pale Horse right after this.

15. Indigo_Jade

Apr 23, 2002
    Well, I am about 50 or so pages into DaVinci Code so far (haven't had much time to read last few days) and I like it so far... it's intriging and I am looking forward to seeing what the hell that curator guy was up to... ;)

I just left off when the Sister got the call to let the guy in the church, and the police have just showed Robert the blacklight thingy...

16. geekgirl76

geekgirl76 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 29, 2002
    Now I want to read it again. :( Is it out in paperback yet?

17. Indigo_Jade

Apr 23, 2002
    Last time I checked, nope... that was last week though...

18. liannb

Jun 30, 2002
    Terry, you can borrow mine when John's done with it.

19. _Derisa_Ollamhin_

_Derisa_Ollamhin_ Jedi Master star 4

Jul 31, 2000
    Haven't looked at Dan Brown yet: he looks good.

I'm reading a Robert Asprin book, No Phule Like an Old Phule (fourth in the Phule's Comapany novels), as well as book two in the Gunslinger books by Stephen King, and a couple of books of poetry right now, as well as regular referrals to Wraith Squadron and Iron Fist by Aaron Allston for the Myn/Lara story that is currently in the final phases of construction on the Fan Fiction forums.

I usually try to have one non-fiction book going as well, but I packed away the one I was working on before I moved. It's in storage for the nonce.

*Derisa*

20. Rogue_Thunder

Jan 7, 2003
    This books is awesome :) (see my sig) are the others in this series just as good/better?

21. Indigo_Jade

Apr 23, 2002
    Dark Tower series is the bomb... just waiting for Book 6 to come in from the library... can't WAIT!!!

Berx, the rest of the books are just as good. That is one of my favorite series of books that I have ever read, they are just really, really good!!! :)

22. Rogue_Thunder

Jan 7, 2003
  23. _Derisa_Ollamhin_

_Derisa_Ollamhin_ Jedi Master star 4

Jul 31, 2000
    Yeah, I really liked the Incarnations of Immortality series: I think it was some of his best work. It's been years since I read them, though, I should re-read at some point.

*Derisa*

24. Indigo_Jade

Apr 23, 2002
    Okay, I am LOVING this book... read another 50 pages last night (I am pacing myself) and it is really, really good... plots within plots within plots... :D

EDIT: I just read On a Pale Horse and Bearing an Hourglass, but I couldn't find my copy of With a Tangled Skein, so I stopped there to try and find it... and ended up reading the Thrawn Trilogy and the one I am reading now instead.

I was thinking earlier, I have about 8000 pages of reading to do to catch up with all the books I want to read right now... and I am sure that more will pop up before I am done...

EDIT 2: here is the list, for anyone who is curious:

rest of Da Vinci Code
    Angels and Demons

With a Tangled Skein, Weilding a Red Sword, Being a Green Mother, For Love of Evil, And Eternity

Wolves of the Calla, Song of Susannah by Stephen King
    The Green Mile by Stephen King

Battlefield: Earth

The Cestus Deception (not sure of author)

The Dark Elf Trilogy by R.A. Salvatore

25. Indigo_Jade

Apr 23, 2002
    This book keeps getting better and better!!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.