main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Empire Jazz

Discussion in 'Star Wars And Film Music' started by Lt.Cmdr.Thrawn, Mar 16, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lt.Cmdr.Thrawn

Lt.Cmdr.Thrawn Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 23, 1999
    I was trolling Youtube, looking for some cool music, and came across pieces from a jazz remix album of the Empire soundtrack. The simple fact of its existence is cool enough, but the music (I'm not a jazz musician so I don't know them all, but I am a percussionist and Billy Cobham is definitely recognizable) is pretty good! It's very 40's - it feels to me somehow like a mix of Empire, Brazil, and Blade Runner. Or, if you watch Fringe, it exists in the same sort of retro-modern world as Brown Betty.

Not sure if I should link it, due to copyright, but definitely check it out! I'd buy a copy if LFL rereleased it today.

2. halibut

halibut Ex-Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 27, 2000
    If it's on youtube, go for it! Link away :)

3. Lt.Cmdr.Thrawn

Lt.Cmdr.Thrawn Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 23, 1999
    Aight...

[image=http://www.basicallywhatever.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/Empire-Jazz-Front1.jpg]

They're on this guy's channel. I especially like Yoda's Theme, Lando's Palace, and Han Solo And The Princess.

4. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    Wow... consider me impressed. I don't even like jazz, but these aren't half bad. I didn't realize Yoda's theme lent itself so well to uh... jazzification. Or the Asteroid Chase song (seriously, who would ever think to set the Asteroid Chase to jazz???)

Good find.

5. Stepher

Stepher Jedi Youngling

Mar 26, 2011
    recently i watched it on youtube..

6. Garciamartinez

Garciamartinez Jedi Youngling

Apr 8, 2011
    Me too!
    It's really mind blowing!

7. Jedi Gunny

Jedi Gunny Chosen One star 9

May 20, 2008
    I definitely think that they could have arranged these songs a little differently, but it's still pretty interesting that they ended up doing this in the first place. A pretty good find overall.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.