main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends Enigma...Obi overhears a plot and Qui is taken to force Obi to tell what he knows UPDATED 9/8!!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Durhelediel, Apr 25, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Layren

Layren Jedi Master star 5

Oct 28, 2003
    I see you did update and of *course* Qui has to go save Obi-Wan, he loves his pad too much for his own good :D

Excellent update! Here's hoping for more soon!

2. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    Well now. Well. It's perfectly understandable why Qui wants to go...but, how it'll torture Obi-Wan to see Qui-Gon trapped, especially since he's essentially the reason for it. Part of me screams don't go, but I trust tht you will resolve this to our satisfaction.

Qui-Gon released his death grip on the railing that overlooked the Ithorian gardens. His knuckles and fingers returned slowly from bloodless white to their normal hue of tan. When he opened his eyes, he saw Kyran and Lana staring at him, concerned.

"Obi-Wan again?" Kyran asked softly, his green eyes echoing the sympathy that Qui-Gon could feel radiating from his presence.

Qui-Gon nodded, not trusting himself to speak yet. The echo of agonizing pain had latest longer this time than the others he had been feeling off and on for the previous week. Whomever had Obi-Wan wanted something from him, and by the feel of it, Obi-Wan was not giving them what they wanted.

Qui-Gon had never felt more proud of his padawan at the moment?nor as concerned.

Strange to say it, but a big "aw" moment for a proud sorta-poppa - his little boy is resisting torture.

Gee, I did say it.

Great story.

3. Durhelediel

Durhelediel Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 5, 2004
    Ara-gon- Actually, Layren and I had a joint fic where we meet Lana. I think that was our Fire and Ice series (was it, Lay? double check me on that) which is finished as much as it's going to be, lol. Make bunny stew, lol.

Lay- It wasn't soon but I have so much I want to do that I can't get my bunnies to work in order, lol.

Valairy- Welcome! And yes, a proud-sortof-poppa moment there, lol.

A/N: Sorry this next is so short, but the following chapter will be longer so I cut this one off.

4. Durhelediel

Durhelediel Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 5, 2004
    Chapter Six

"Okay, I?m in orbit. What do you want?" Qui-Gon glared at the man on his screen, his arms crossed and not in the mood to be played with.

The man gave him a slight smile. "I am pleased to find that my message reached you in time, Master Jinn. One more hyperspace jump and you will be reunited with young Kenobi here. The coordinates are being downloaded into your navicomputer now."

"I want to see him first." It was a gamble, but Qui-Gon had been plagued for three days with the sight of Obi-Wan's torture. Since the message, he had sensed that Obi-Wan had rarely regained consciousness, so he assumed that his padawan had placed himself into a Jedi healing trance, but he wanted to see him.

The man considered for a moment, then gestured to someone near him and his face abruptly disappeared to be replaced by one of Obi-Wan. The youth was still restrained, but now his table was level so that he could rest without placing undue stress on his wrists and ankles. His eyes were closed and occasionally his long lashes quivered, as if he was close to waking but could not quite achieve that level of awareness. Qui-Gon was relieved to see that there were bacta strips on his chest and that in the three days since his torture he seemed to be mostly healed. Obi-Wan breathed evenly and his ginger-colored hair had been washed by someone so that it gleamed.

Suddenly, the man was back. "Satisfied? I have upheld my end of this slightly unfortunate circumstances: he has been cared for since I learned of your departure. He does not awaken long, only to drink water, but I am told that for Jedi who are injured this is not a rare thing. He awaits your arrival, as do I. Do be quick, or I might be forced to harm this lad again."

Qui-Gon leaned back against the seat as the screen went black again. What a fine mess this was. He had spent the traveling time in meditation, seeking an answer to this predicament, but without knowing what it was the man wanted, he did not know how to solve that particular dilemma. So now he had to focus on simply rescuing Obi-Wan.

There, too, he had a problem. He still did not know where Obi-Wan was being held so he did not know if he knew the terrain and the local haunts for hiding. Once he secured his padawan, where were they to go before they could reach his ship and return to Coruscant?

He wasn't sure of what his rescue plans were to be, but he was sure of one thing: soon he would be with his padawan and together they would figure out a way to escape.

~~~~~

"Will you stop that?" Kyran asked irritably as Lana made another trip around the plush chairs of the well-appointed quarters that they were in. They were in the transport that Councilmember Plamueria had offered them, on their way back to Coruscant since neither of them could remember the coordinates that had flashed so quickly on the screen for Qui-Gon to see. Lana had nearly paced the entire ship by now as she tried to find a way to focus her pent-up energy without taking out her lightsaber and creating new doors in the walls.

Lana grumbled under her breath but plopped down on a seat across from Kyran. She was still for almost a millisecond, and then her foot started tapping on the floor, jerking her knee with it. The sound became an insistent noise that grated on Kyran's nerves more than her pacing.

"Oh for Sith's sake, just go pace again!" he snapped.

Lana shot him a murderous look and instead crossed her legs and arms. "So what do you think we should do?"

"I think we should find Qui-Gon and strangle him," was the automatic reply.

Lana lifted an eyebrow. "So you've said about a million times by now. What in reality can we do?"

Kyran sighed and rubbed his hands through his hair. "I'm not sure. We don't know where they are or even what this man wants. It's obvious Obi-Wan knows something that he's not telling, but what did he find out? It must be important for this man to go to great lengths to know what exactly Obi-Wan knows. If we could discover

5. MASTER_KAYM

MASTER_KAYM Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 3, 2004
    I missed a few chapters!! :eek:

But this is such a good story!! I really love it, it's full of angst!!

And poor Obi! He's so brave. Qui, get him out of there, soon!!

6. Layren

Layren Jedi Master star 5

Oct 28, 2003
    Ack! Too short! Just when it was getting good, you quit :p Need more :D

Lana pressed her lips into a thin line and reminded herself that her husband was simply worried about his best friend, and that to slice him in half with her lightsaber would not only be unnecessary, but overkill. When she was able to speak without screaming at Kyran, she answered, "I'm not a miracle worker. I can only do so much."

Kyran offered her a small smile as an apology. "Sorry. I know. I just hate sitting here?"

Lana did too. She was already back on her feet and pacing.

Hahahaha, poor Lana and Ky. Sitting still majorly sucks.

7. Star_Drifter

Star_Drifter Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 18, 2005
    [face_shhh] Don't tell anyone that I snuck away from Darth RL.

Chapter 2

If there was one thing that Qui-Gon was always drumming into Obi-Wan?s head, it was to be as prepared and cautious as events allowed.

With that thought in mind, Obi-Wan set his datapad to automatically send the information to a friend of his in two days. He coded it to duplicate its message to Master Yoda, as well.

Good idea, Obi-Wan! [face_idea]

Chapter 3

"Obi-Wan locked this so that not even I can get into it," he explained as he handed it over to a quizzical Lana. "Can you break the code and try to find out what he had put in this datapad? I have a feeling it is very important."

It is very important, Qui-Gon! [face_shhh]

Chapter 4

The count regarded him a moment, then answered, "I know how Jedi are trained from birth to resist truth serum, so this is a little concoction my associates came up with?just for you, Padawan Kenobi. It's a little mixture of a few drugs your body does not quite like. I am told to use this first and observe how you react. I have an antidote ready for you?just tell me what you heard."

:mad: Grrr!

Chapter 5

The voice hardened. "If you are not here, and he still will not part with what he knows, then I am afraid that I will be forced to kill him. And not pleasantly either. The choice is yours."

No, the choice is yours, Count Regen. You could just let Obi-Wan go! [face_mischief]

Chapter 6

He wasn't sure of what his rescue plans were to be, but he was sure of one thing: soon he would be with his padawan and together they would figure out a way to escape.

I don't think it is going to be that easy, Qui-Gon... [face_worried]

I am so glad that I could finally catch up, D. [:D]

Please add me to your PM list so I'll know when you update this again! [face_batting]

Star

8. Luminara_Kenobi

Luminara_Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 6, 2006
    my friend and i just got done writing a series of sad scenes and i needed something to cheer me up- a lil' bit of Obi-torture, a dash of Qui angst...beautiful [face_mischief] ! a good story and really well written =D=. your characterizations are perfect, especially Obi is spot on. if there's a pm list, can i be put on it please? [face_batting]

9. Ara-gon

Ara-gon Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 31, 2005
    No, no bunny stew. :D They're good bunnies, if a bit unwilling to cooperate with real life.

No plan! No one has a plan (except for the evil man holding Obi)! That makes me very nervous.

"Lana pressed her lips into a thin line and reminded herself that her husband was simply worried about his best friend, and that to slice him in half with her lightsaber would not only be unnecessary, but overkill." [face_laugh] Overkill indeed.

More. Must have more!

10. Arwen-Jade_Kenobi

Arwen-Jade_Kenobi Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 9, 2002
    Crazy short post, but still awesome! I swear I'm not complaining!! :D

Lots of waiting, but now Qui's this close to getting Obi back. Good luck to him and more soon!!

11. Tatooine_Ghost

Tatooine_Ghost Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 24, 2006
    loved it. could you please ad me to yuor pm list?

12. JediKlea

JediKlea Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 19, 2002
    !!!!!Finally!!! *squee* Good obi-torture again! Ah how I have missed it! Please add me to your PM list...

13. Darth_Drachonus

Darth_Drachonus Jedi Master star 3

Oct 4, 2005
    Add me to the PM list please

14. KylieKenobi

KylieKenobi Jedi Master star 1

Sep 25, 2005
    I just found this story on your profile. WOW! I am impressed. I was just in the mood for some Obi Tortue.. and here it is!! I would love to get PMs when you update!! This is such a good story.
    Oh, and also, UP!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.