main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Ep 2 Sneak Peek Figures

Discussion in 'Archive: Lubbock, TX' started by sw1138fan, Mar 22, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sw1138fan

sw1138fan Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 14, 2001
    Available now at the Quaker Wal-Mart Location.

2. IB420

IB420 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 11, 2002
    I found the following Sneak Peek figures at Toys R Us on Slide:
    R3 T7
    Clonetrooper
    Jango Fett
    Zam Wessel
    Jedi Starfighter

3. IB420

Apr 11, 2002
    I found some collection 2 "Power of the Force" figs at Toys R Us on Slide, including Jedi Master Eeth Koth.
    Anyone know where there are any more Jedi Starfighters? I didn't have the checkbook on me when I saw them at TRU :(

Has anyone gotten a clear answer from this TRU about the EpII toy release? Are they doing the midnight madness thing or what? No one that I've talked to on the phone there seems to know anything about it.

4. jedimasterED

jedimasterED Moderator Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 10, 1999
    Gah! I can't find Eeth Koth anywhere!

As for midnight madness at TRU, I don't think Lubbock was on the list of stores participating...
    :(

5. jedimasterED

jedimasterED Moderator Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 10, 1999
    UPDATE!

I just got back from TRU (Got my Eeth Koth FINALLY!). Their Episode II stuff will go on sale at 9:30 a.m., tomorrow. I'm going to get there sometime around 8:00 a.m., eat breakfast from McDonald's, and wait it out. I'm guessing the line (if there is one) won't be like it was for Episode I since it's on a weekday morning. Who knows... Anyone else planning on being there?

6. IB420

Apr 11, 2002
    I was able to get by TRU today during my lunch hour; the display is right in front of you as you go in the front doors. There didn't seem to be that much of a crowd, but there were definitely four or five fans buzzing around the display, picking out what to get first.
    The display featured figures, vehicles, lightsabers, gaming cards, and Legos, mostly from EpII, plus some of the stuff that has been out on the shelves for months (Bespin Guard, etc.)THere are some nifty features such as (magnetic) "force" power and lightsabers that consist of a hilt and removable blade.
    Fortunately for me, today is pay day, so I was able to grab several figures, a Jedi Starfighter, and a Coruscant speeder.
    woo-hoo!

A note of caution, though---
    If you want to stay spoiler-free, I'd advise you stay well clear of this display at Toys R Us since all of the toys have info on the back that reveals a lot of what we will see in EpII.

7. IB420

Apr 11, 2002
    now available at Quaker Wal-Mart in Lubbock, about 30 bucks. Also, they have the "wrecked" Luke's snowspeeder.

THe TIE bomber is really cool!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.