main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

So NM [EPFS] Superman Event - First ORFF Outing!

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by Jaina Byrd, Jul 11, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jaina Byrd

Jaina Byrd Jedi Master star 4

Feb 21, 1999
    The El Paso Film Society is showing Superman (Special Edition), starring Christopher Reeve, on July 23, 2005! A few of us have discussed this, and we'd like to make an official ORFF outing out of this. If you'd like to visit the website for the event, GO HERE.

We need to call or PayPal these people for ticket reservations, so let's get this thing going fast. :) Talk to family members, if they need to know, and let us know whether or not you can make it. :)

2. Red_8

Red_8 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 31, 2004
    I can make it. So who is going to be in charge of all the ticket stuff? Since not all of the members dont live in El Paso, do you think they might reserve the seats for us and then we can pay when we get their?

3. Jaina Byrd

Feb 21, 1999
    I'm not sure; we'll have to call them and verify what they want us to do. I'll call as soon as I get a general idea of how many people think that they can come. :)

4. Jedi_Master_Xiania

Jedi_Master_Xiania Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 11, 2004
    I'd love to go. I'm ashamed to admit I've never seen the Superman movies with Chistopher Reeves!:eek: I went to the website, and it says they want a $5 dollar donation for each seat.

5. Jaina Byrd

Feb 21, 1999
    Yep, yep. $5.

6. gneiss_jedi

gneiss_jedi Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 17, 2005
    I can talk to the director and see if we could make reservations and whatnot. And if I need to, I can get there early to hold seats for us.

7. Jedi_Master_Xiania

Jul 11, 2004
    Thanks Britt, have I mentioned lately how much you rock?[face_dancing]

8. SWJaggy

SWJaggy Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 9, 2003
    I'd be able to make it as well.

Superman is my all time favorite out of every superhero so there is no way I'd miss going to this!!!

9. gneiss_jedi

Mar 17, 2005
    Superman is super!!! Haha.

Thanks LJ. I try.;)

10. Jaina Byrd

Feb 21, 1999
    Superman's my favorite too!

11. Jedi_Master_Xiania

Jul 11, 2004
    Well, Superman is not my favorite. My favorite is Wonder Woman (She kicks butt!!) Superman is alright (Don't throw things at me!)

12. NM_Mandalorian

NM_Mandalorian Jedi Youngling star 3

May 16, 2005
    I will not be able to make it that weekend. I know already that I am working that Saturday. That sucks too because it would be so cool to go to. Hopefully everyone who is able to go has fun though.

13. gneiss_jedi

Mar 17, 2005
    Ok, so I called the Society and it was Alex, the director, who picked up the phone. I told him it was for the ORFF and he remembered us from the Episode III fiesta and was super excited to have us come. He's going to save us 15 seats for now and I'll call him back once I have a set number. So make sure you can come and if you can send me a confimration PM with how many people you are bringing (any other friends, family, ect.) so I know just how many seats to reserve. I'm so excited!!! Yay! I hope to see you there!

14. SWJaggy

Nov 9, 2003
    Sounds good Brittani! Sent you a PM of whom I'm taking.

I think it's cool that they are doing this.

"Superman Returns" is supposed to be coming out in theaters in '06 so I'm excited for it.

15. Jaina Byrd

Feb 21, 1999
    Yeah, the new Clark Kent looks great in civilian gear:
    [image=http://web.nmsu.edu/~andreag/blogimages/superman_01_01.jpg]

But his suit's different colors irk me a bit.
    [image=http://images.usatoday.com/life/_photos/2005/04/22/inside-superman.jpg]

He's still hot though. His name's Brandon Routh.

16. SWJaggy

Nov 9, 2003
    He does look okay as Clark Kent. Still think Christopher Reeve did a better job pulling off the look.

The actor looks good as Superman [without the glasses!] I do like the look of the new suit, it seems fitting for the age we are now in. But again, I prefere the Superman suit that Christopher Reeve wore because the Kryptonian symbol was much bigger.

17. Jedi_Master_Xiania

Jul 11, 2004
    I'm going with Angie, is anyone else coming with us Andrea? I mean is Nikki going to go or anything. Thanks for calling Alex, Britt. It's great he's going to save us some seats. So, about paypal I'm not too famiiar with it. I know I owe somebody money for tickets, so who do I owe it to and all? I just want to get this all worked out so I know.

18. SWJaggy

Nov 9, 2003
    Okay since this is about Superman, I thought we could start having a few discussions about it. Here's the first one.

What is the main thing that attracted you to Superman?

I know I say the powers but that's just a minor thing.

The main thing that has always attracted me to Superman is the fact that Clark came to Earth from another planet; he was the only one [for a long while]; and he has literally been all alone. He has all of these amazing gifts and the only way he could use them was by using an alias to cover-up that he was Clark Kent. The only people that knew were his parents [and Lois Lane but not till a long way down the line]. It's hard to not be able to open up to anyone about what's going on and the feeling of lonliness is just unbearable.

19. Jaina Byrd

Feb 21, 1999
    Back in the day, I used to want to be a journalist. Clark was a really cool journalist, and nerdy-looking, at that. ;)

And, he has the coolest powers. :D

20. SWJaggy

Nov 9, 2003
    Okay, let me double check something. Is the Superman Event this weekend or the following? I keep getting this weird feeling like it's this weekend.

21. gneiss_jedi

Mar 17, 2005
    Next Saturday. I have gotten PMs from Jaggy and Red. Whoever else is coming needs to send me a PM soon. Angie, who else is coming with you besides LJ? Ok, well see you all the 23rd!

22. SWJaggy

Nov 9, 2003
    Okay thanks. Now I don't have to worry about it much anymore. Kept thinking it was this weekend. Good, gives me time to watch Superman III.

23. gloomypadme

gloomypadme Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 9, 2002
    Urgh, I already reserved seats for myself and my friend. At least I'll see you all there!

24. michaelbacca

michaelbacca Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 15, 2005
    I'll be there. I still owe Britt for the EPIII premiere so now i can pay you back for that.

25. Jaina Byrd

Feb 21, 1999
    OMGGGGGG, ME TOO. Please remind me when we get there.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.