main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:WA Episode 3 speculation - Spoiler Free

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by soneil, Feb 11, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. soneil

soneil Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 30, 2000
    I figured it might be interesting to start a spoiler free thread about EP3. I know there's a whole forum devoted to it but I can't be bothered exploring too many different forums.
    We all have opinions about things that might be in Episode 3 and things we hope will be. We can discuss them here and leter on see how right or wrong we were. If any of you know any accurate information based on spoiler then keep them to yourselves please. Strictly spoiler free in this thread.
    Anyway,heres a few things I expect to see in EP3 to get the ball rolling. Just remember that this is all guesswork and I could be wrong on any of these so I don't consider any of it spoiler material.

Fight between Anakin and Obi-wan resulting in all of Anakin's injuries.
    A lot more of Bail Organa including him being given responsibility for young Leia.
    We'll see Obi-wan return to Tatooine and ask Owen & Beru to look after Luke.
    Palpatine will reveal himself as Lord of the Sith after finalising control over the Republic with blindly loyal clone troopers.
    Not sure how Anakin will take out the Jedi. Seems to me that there'd be too many of them to be taken out one by one in secret. I expect there'd be something big. Maybe a bomb in the jedo temple would be too obvious but something to take out a lot of them all at once.
    We'll see Yoda go in to hiding on Tatooine.
    Mace Windu will have to go down in style.

2. Kartanym

Kartanym Jedi Knight star 6

May 23, 2002
    There's something really big happening for Mace Windu, and I dare not say what in this thread.

The Jedi will be taken out in a mix of different ways, hunted down by the clone troopers or something far stronger I guess.

And any suggestions as to how Dooku gets along this time? 'Strike him down ....' is all I'll say.

Oh, and you better change the subject title soneil :)

3. soneil

Nov 30, 2000
    Doh! Changed the title now.

I actually hadn't thought of Dooku but I wonder how much he'd have to do with it. I guess Anakin might knock him off to become the new apprentice. In any case, I don't think he'll be killing too many jedi. I think Anakin will get that task since it's attributed to him in ANH.

4. Aztek

Aztek Jedi Master star 4

Apr 12, 2001
    Maybe we'll see something about the outbound flight project.

That would explain the disappearance of at least some of the Jedi.

5. Seb

Seb Jedi Youngling

Feb 9, 2004
    Whatever it may be, its bound to be action packed, filled with bucketloads of kickass graphical animation and cool lightsabre action!!!

6. MisFitToy

MisFitToy Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 5, 2003
    Outbound flight project? EU right? in that case don't go holding any breath.
    I'm gonna observe this thread, I won't post anything in it about confirming/denying anything about what I already know.
    Except to say that any EU before about 98 is well and truly out the window :p

7. JediMasterKieca

JediMasterKieca Jedi Master star 4

Nov 30, 2000
    One of the things that I'm looking forward to the most is finding out what happens to Padmé.

8. HawkNC

HawkNC Former RSA: Oceania star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2001
    I've been exposed to a couple of mild spoilers (admittedly, I'd probably know more from watching the trailer when it comes out) but there are two things in particular that I'm looking forward to finding out about in the movie:

- The development of clonetroopers to stormtroopers...are the stormtroopers clones, or recruited humans?

- Whether or not there is a very big space battle. There better be a very big space battle, else Hawk will become angry. You don't want to see Hawk when he's angry.

9. Kartanym

May 23, 2002
    Don't worry Hawk, it will happen.

10. Grizzly

Grizzly Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 22, 2000
    JA: Survivors Quest, the 5th book by Timothy Zahn, details the finding of the remains of the Outbound Flight. An interview with him on SW.com about his 6th book said it would be about the Flight itself and is set between eps 2 and 3.

11. MisFitToy

Jan 5, 2003
    Won't be in the film though.

12. Kartanym

May 23, 2002
    I wouldn't think so, no.

13. Aztek

Aztek Jedi Master star 4

Apr 12, 2001
    Do you know where in the timeline that book is set Griz ?

i don't expect it to be a featured part of the film, but I'm willing to bet there will at least be a reference to it in there somewhere.

14. Grizzly

Jul 22, 2000
    My understanding is there's only 2 or 3 years between eps 2 and 3.
    The most annoying thing with Survivors Quest was they dropped the timeline from inside the front, that all the NJO books had.

15. soneil

Nov 30, 2000
    A lot of the EU has already been contradicted by the prequels. For example, in the hand of thrawn trilogy it makes a big deal about how it's so unusual for those stomrtroopers to have been clones yet GL's made it pretty clear that stormies are all clones (comments on the AOTC DVD for example).
    Kinda a shame in a way since I do like a lot of the EU stuff, especially Timothy Zahn's books. I'd always been under the impression that they had a few guidelines about what they couldn and couldn't write to avoid contradictions. Guess not.
    I imagine Mon Mothma should be introduced in episode 3 and perhaps one or two of the other rebel leaders from the originals. Grand Moff Tarkin might pop up too since he becomes a major leader of the empire.

16. Grizzly

Jul 22, 2000
    I haven't seen the extras on the Ep2 DVD, but my understanding was the clone wars ended up being a fight AGAINST the clones due to their instability, and that the stormies were regular enlisted/conscripted troops.. how else did that 1 on the Death Star smack his head on the door when all the others went under it? :)

17. HawkNC

Oct 23, 2001
    Good ol' GL's gone back on a lot of things he's said before. I remember very firm comments about the OT never being released on DVD, and sly remarks about how we would discover the truth about that whole "jedi ghost" deal in Episode II. I am hesitant to take a couple of off-hand remarks in a DVD commentary as law just yet. The stormtroopers seem to have simply too much individuality in comparison to what we've seen of the clonetroopers (the banter between troops in ANH being my favourite example). Frankly, it just seems like cloning would have played a much larger role in the OT were it as readily available as it is in the PT for the Republic/Empire. If cloning facilities were at the Emperor's use, why does the Imperial Academy exist?

My hypothesis on the situation is that, regardless of whether or not cloning is or is not possible by the end of Episode III, to get enough clonetroopers to rule an entire galaxy is simply too expensive. Once he has enough to start conquering a few worlds, he can simply conscript the people of those worlds, train them, slap some white armour onto them and send them to their deaths. Why pay for clonetroopers when you can just conscript entire systems? Once Palpy has control of enough of the galaxy that he doesn't need clones anymore, he'd be likely to simply destroy all civilisation on Kamino so that no one else had access to cloning technology to be used against him.

Also, remember that clones have accelerated growth. At ten years old, they're fighting machines, as we've seen...but at twenty or thirty years old, or perhaps around the time of ANH, they're going to be sitting on veterans' pensions. Any clonetrooper fighting in the Clone Wars will be well and truly dead or retired by the time ANH comes around, so the only soldiers in the Empire's lineup left are the conscripted Men In White.

Wow, that was longer than it was meant to be. Just me spouting out random ideas, anyway. There's a sore lack of Ep3-related threads in FF, and I don't like stinrab enough to post in the Ep3 forum. :p

18. Saintheart

Saintheart Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 16, 2000
    I've cruised for spoilers, so I'll observe the No Smoking signs and just put down stuff I'm hoping for. :D

Firstly, just one shot of Obi-Wan crying, even if it's part of a final sequence of him raising his hood, gazing down over the Lars residence, and then turning off into the Tatooine sunset. Yes, I've addressed this before, but the constipated look on his face over Liam Neeson's closed eyes doesn't cut it for me. To my thinking, at some point it must cross Obi-Wan's mind that indirectly he's responsible for the downfall of the Jedi and the Republic in training Anakin to begin with. Perhaps some sort of scene between he and Yoda in echo of their scene in Ep 1, where they work to try and cut their losses? And on a related note, it'll be fascinating to see how well George plays out any Anakin/Obi-Wan duel. All six movies are fixed around this fight, so it should be damn impressive, I hope.

Secondly, more Bail Organa.

Third, some Dooku at least. Christopher Lee doesn't deserve to get shafted by two directors in a row ;) with two of the more memorable bad guys in recent scifi movies. The guy just oozes the same old-school polite bad-man charm that Peter Cushing had.

19. MisFitToy

Jan 5, 2003
    Some points on Stormtroopers and the fact they are intended be be clones all throughout the trilogy.

1) GL in a 1981 (saw this mentioned in the 3SA forum) magazine has stated "The Stormtroopers were always meant to be clones".

2) George has never referred to them as "clonetroopers" and on the EP2 DVD commentary, he calls them Stormtroopers.

3) "You can tell your master that we have 200,000 troops ready, with another million on the way"
    "And if you need more, Please remember to tell us" (the last one is paraphrasing, I can't quite remember the line the cloner dude gives Obi Wan just before he sends a msg to the Jedi Council)

4) While the ep2 clones would be old by the time of the OT, it doesn't say anywhere that they couldn't still be making them.

5) "Aren't you a little short for a Stormtrooper?"

6) RE: The stormies in ANH discussing speeders, Clones after they are created would have different experiences just like any other people, to them hanging around 1,000 or more people just like themselves wouldn't be strange at all. and as for the voice differences, what if they were different ages? They're not that different sounding anyway.

7) I'm going to start an army, my soldiers will be required to wear white armour at all times, be considered expendable, live on a space station all your lives, you'll never see a girl again unless you're trying to kill her and you'll spend long periods just standing in one spot.

Now, where do I get my 10 million plus volunteers? ;)

20. soneil

Nov 30, 2000
    Can I be number 1?

Anyway, one of the comments on the AOTC DVD that I remember was on the commentary where Jango's running up the ramp to slave 1. GL said that they made him bump his head on the way in as a bit of an in joke, since the stormie bumping his head in ANH was cloned from him.
    Something else that's rather cool on the AOTC DVD behind the scenes stuff was when Christopher lee turns up for the hangar scene and the model of Yoda he was doing his moves against was wearing dracula teeth. He had a hard time keeping a straight face at first. :)

21. Kartanym

May 23, 2002
    I'm sure I read somewhere that the cloning facility on Kamino is destroyed during or after the Clone Wars, how I don't know, but it would then make sense to see regular troopers along with a mix of whatever is left of the clone troopers (and by the sounds of it, they don't last very long due to the advanced growth).

Correct me if I am wrong, of course.

22. soneil

Nov 30, 2000
    In any case, I think the idea that there are so many clone troopers contradicts the EU idea that it's surprising to find troopers who are clones. I presume Timothy Zahn never knew about a lot of what we learned in Episode 2. As it is, I saw in one interview how he regretted not knowing about the senate scenes from TPM when he wrote some of his books.

23. Grizzly

Jul 22, 2000
    Not surprising because HttE came out in 91.. when were the special editions released 97 and 98?

24. HawkNC

Oct 23, 2001
    I just find it surprising that Lucas would let the EU get this far, and then just dismiss entire swathes of it because he didn't think to mention that stormtroopers are actually clones. Hopefully he finds some way to resolve the issue, otherwise there's gonna be a lot of pissed-off fanboys.

Though, my theory has been dealt a blow upon hearing rumours (not sure if they're confirmed) that Kamino will not be featured at all in Episode III...I'm not sure I entirely believe this, simply because of its supreme importance within the Clone Wars, but I'll go with it until something more concrete comes from the Official Site.

25. Grizzly

Jul 22, 2000
    Yeah.. considering he actually employs people to make sure the writers don't stray out of their limits and mention things from the prequel era (before the prequel trilogy was started), and to check that they don't contradict each other!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.