main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

*** Episode III Spoilers ***

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by YouDontKnowMe, Jul 7, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YouDontKnowMe

YouDontKnowMe Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 23, 2002
    WARNING! Spoilers ahead!

WARNING! Spoilers ahead!

WARNING! Spoilers ahead!

WARNING! Spoilers ahead!

WARNING! Spoilers ahead!

WARNING! Spoilers ahead!

WARNING! Spoilers ahead!

WARNING! Spoilers ahead!

WARNING! Spoilers ahead!

WARNING! Spoilers ahead!

Okay. I think I left enough space here and the title should be fine. This info has been collected through Hyperspace (Pay-Per-View). :D

July 2, 18:29:20 to 18:32:00, on the webcam, you can see Dooku's lightsaber handle, Obi-Wan's (both PT and CT), and also, get this, Luke's from ANH & ESB, the one which according to Obi-Wan, Luke's father wanted him to have when he is old enough." There's also another one with a bit of gold on it that I can't recognize. Could be Mace's or a new but important one.
    You can also see close-ups of three of the above mentioned saber handles from 18:10:20 to 18:10:40.

Also: Wookies will come in different shapes and sizes -

2. YouDontKnowMe

Dec 23, 2002
    Silas Carson returns as Ki-Adi-Mundi and Nute Gunray.

Bodie Taylor returns as a clone.

Bai Ling will play a senator (not Asajj Ventress as many fans had hoped)

3. YouDontKnowMe

Dec 23, 2002
    In the Official Site's Hyperspace Webcam section, late night owls got a special treat. At 17:41:20 on 6/30/03, the web cam was turned on a monitor. On the monitor you can clearly see Anakin Skywalker with what appears to be shoulder length hair. On his right hand is what looks like a black glove very reminiscent of Darth Vader's. Was this a test shot or the first actual footage filmed? I'm sure we'll get an official update soon.

4. YouDontKnowMe

Dec 23, 2002
    Stylists have been working on Hayden Christensen's and Ewan McGregor's locks to give them shaggy 70s-style dos so Episode III blends seamlessly with Episode IV - filmed more than 20 years ago.

5. YouDontKnowMe

Dec 23, 2002
    A report on Cinescape says that the working title of Episode III is "Revenge of the Sith". Our thoughts? If it is the working title, it's not an original one. "Revenge of the Sith" has long been running around in fan circles as a hoped for title. It's on numerous pieces of fan fiction and in many fan speculations. In all liklihood, it's not even a working title. The working title of Episode I was "The Beginning" and the working title of Episode II was, believe it or not, "Jar Jar's Big Adventure". While Episode III probably has one as well, "Revenge of the Sith" probably isn't it. Stay tuned, though!

6. YouDontKnowMe

Dec 23, 2002
    The official Star Wars site posted an update with more on the casting of Episode III. Here's a summary:
    Returning from Episode II:

Joel Edgerton - Owen Lars
    Jay Laga'aia - Captain Typho
    Rena Owen - Taun We

New Cast:

Kee Chan - Senator
    Chantal Freer - Handmaiden
    Christopher Kirby - Senator
    Rebecca Jackson Mendoza - Royal Leader
    Rohan Nichol - Young Captain

7. chunk_the_jawa

chunk_the_jawa Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 8, 2002
    good work Y D K M ! please keep us spoiled babies informed. :) I cant get Hyper space. :(

8. Deliriou5

Deliriou5 Jedi Master star 1

May 5, 2003
    More. MORE!

9. cyodarun

cyodarun Retired RMFF CR star 4

Apr 23, 2002
    Maybe I missed it, but did they confirm Christopher Lee yet?

10. Grimby

Grimby Technical Consultant & Former Head Admin star 7 Staff Member Administrator

Apr 22, 2000
    not sure, but expect him to be back.

11. YouDontKnowMe

Dec 23, 2002
    Here is the latest from Mr. Mayhew:

After Peter talked about Episode III?s script, Robin asked Peter on the role that Chewbacca will play. I liked what Peter said. Peter replied, ?I was told by George Lucas that I would be playing a large part in the story including the delivering of two twin babies and playing a role in a major battle scene that involves many war machines. Sadly, I have not read those sequences of the script yet.?

After a small bit of Robin comparing the Original trilogy to the Prequel trilogy, she asked Peter how well he liked the parts of the script that he had seen. Peter says, ?Again, I haven?t really seen the complete script. Lucas only gives us copies for that days shooting. But from what I?ve seen, it looks good. Of course, I really don?t have any lines (he laughs). Lucas has really changed his writing style from back when he wrote the original trilogy. He is much bolder and willing to push the envelope in both settings and dialogue. In fact, the opening action scene involving many Wookiees takes place on one of the many new planets seen in this movie.?

12. YouDontKnowMe

Dec 23, 2002
    Mel: He will be back :D

13. YouDontKnowMe

Dec 23, 2002
    This I got from Mr. Lee's Official Website:

George Lucas began 12 weeks of production on the last Star Wars prequel film, Episode III, on June 30 in Sydney, the Sydney Morning Herald reported. A crew of 1,000 and the main cast have returned to Fox Studios in the Australian city, where the previous two prequels were also shot.

Producer Rick McCallum told the newspaper that Episode III would be shot almost entirely inside the studios. Lucas will return for additional filming over the next 18 months, the newspaper reported.

The only shooting outside Sydney will be some "plate photography"?backgrounds for visual effects?in Italy, New Zealand and Switzerland, the newspaper reported.

Hayden Christensen, Ewan McGregor, Natalie Portman, Samuel L. Jackson, Jimmy Smits and Christopher Lee return, and Peter Mayhew reprises the role of Chewbacca for the first time since Return of the Jedi, the newspaper reported. McCallum described the tone of the movie?which deals with Anakin Skywalker's transformation into Darth Vader?as "dark." Episode III is slated for a 2005 release.

14. YouDontKnowMe

Dec 23, 2002
    Damn! Jar-Jar WILL be back :(

15. YouDontKnowMe

Dec 23, 2002
    Droids, droids....plenty o'droids :D :D :D

16. YouDontKnowMe

Dec 23, 2002
    Yaddle is back! Yay! :D And....could it be? ACKBAR? (or any other Mon Calamari, after all, they ALL DO LOOK THE SAME) [face_laugh]

17. YouDontKnowMe

Dec 23, 2002
    Orn Free Taa on camera...

18. YouDontKnowMe

Dec 23, 2002
    www.aint-it-cool-news.com had a picture of EpIII Anakin but got a wonderful "Cease and Desist" letter from Lucasfilm. I guess they want to be really tight lipped about this one.

19. YouDontKnowMe

Dec 23, 2002
    Here is a link to the Palace blueprints:

http://cgi.theforce.net/theforce/image.cgi?Image=episode3/newspics/Palace_2Final.JPG

20. YouDontKnowMe

Dec 23, 2002
    Ben Cooke will be playing Kit Fisto as well as serving as Anakin's stunt double ... a bodyguard (an all-CG character) and several droids. He was hired for his stuntman skills, but his physical performance will also serve as the basis for the all-CG bodyguard character.

21. YouDontKnowMe

Dec 23, 2002
    Nick Gillard talks primarily about what to expect from Episode III in terms of the fight sequences, noting right off the bat that Mace Windu's fight to the death (literally) will be fantastic. He's definitely not going out like a chump.
    Nick himself will also be playing the part of a Jedi in EP3, written in by Lucas himself despite the arguements to the contrary from the stunt man. He also said that many limbs would be chopped off in Episode III. Sweet!

Anakin and Kenobi's eventual duel will be epic in scale and the longest saber fight ever seen.

22. Sith_Slayer

Sith_Slayer Jedi Master star 6

Apr 9, 2002
    I just got some butterflies thinkin' about Episode III...

Only 683 days to go...

Whoa...

23. Sith_Slayer

Sith_Slayer Jedi Master star 6

Apr 9, 2002
    Ghyslain is Sifo Dyas...

You heard it here first.

24. YouDontKnowMe

Dec 23, 2002
    News have been quite scarce these days!

25. YouDontKnowMe

Dec 23, 2002
    However, I'm still scavenging for all the little tidbits that are out there!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.