main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Rumor Episode VII at D23

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by ManaByte, Jul 26, 2013.

1. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    I appreciate that they are attempting to keep their word. It is nice to be a fan of a franchise that maintains its integrity at the expense of good public relations.

2. newdawn12

newdawn12 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 9, 2013
    I was surprised we got the main cast breakdown, i thought Bad robot would have it in their offices, and their casting agents who worked for them before, know how important secrecy is to them.

3. Immortiss

Immortiss Force Ghost star 5

Mar 10, 2013
    Why is it, that when I Google "Star Wars Episode VII", a story about John Williams comes up, but the picture next to it is Ryan Gosling?

4. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    Google really likes to **** with people, that's why. Bad Google. [face_shame_on_you]

Echo-07 and kainee like this.
  5. Immortiss

Immortiss Force Ghost star 5

Mar 10, 2013
    It's like they're trying to get us used to the idea. It shows that the younger image attracts more 'hits', not an octogenarian's picture.

6. bstnsx704

bstnsx704 Force Ghost star 5

Mar 11, 2013
    At most, I'd expect a confirmation of some returning actors from previous films and maybe the title of the film. No new characters or anything like that.

Wouldn't be particularly surprised if there isn't anything, though.

7. Zuckuss the Ruckuss

Zuckuss the Ruckuss Jedi Master star 4

Jan 5, 2013
    Your not getting a title for the film till next summer. I wouldn't even be remotely shocked that they don't settle on a title until after shooting.

8. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    Disney is running the show now so there's really no telling when we could get a title. Avengers 2 is just about where Episode VII is in production and it already has a title. I wouldn't be surprised to see one released earlier. Not saying it will happen but nothing is for sure right now.

9. Spork111

Spork111 Jedi Master star 2

Jun 19, 2002
    Yeah, I'd imagine we'll be getting a title a lot earlier than we did with the prequels because it's under different management. As I recall, Lucas didn't even come up with "The Phantom Menace" until after there was a complete cut of the film (the working title on the rough cut was "The Beginning"). I think Lucas just kind of waited on titles until he saw what he had in front of him. It made for some interesting guessing games on this forum back in the day, though!

kainee and Darth Chiznuk like this.
  10. TheStorm

TheStorm Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 8, 2002
    Ya, ROTS was the easy one to guess. But with Empire he had the title within the first outline. But I too think Disney is going to release the title soon. As some said they did it with The Avengers 2, they probably will do the same here.

11. TheTwinSuns

TheTwinSuns Jedi Master star 3

Apr 26, 2013
    Hopefully this is what we get: any casting, release date (although it is assumed to be May because of the date of Celebration Anaheim), and possibly a title.

12. Rox

Rox Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 24, 2000
    All those casting calls got debunked by Hitfix, no way they are revealing that stuff.

13. newdawn12

Feb 9, 2013
    I was talking about the second set, that Lucasfilm declared official

14. ManaByte

ManaByte Chosen One star 5

Aug 20, 1998
    Lucasfilm never declared any cast breakdown official.

15. newdawn12

Feb 9, 2013
    The one in thsi months Star Wars insider

16. TheStorm

TheStorm Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 8, 2002
    Ya LFL confirmed that the casting sheets were real.

http://www.theforce.net/story/front...de_VII_Casting_Details_Leak_Online_152667.asp

17. Allana_Rey

Allana_Rey Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    Hopefully we'll get at least some news.

my kind of scum likes this.
  18. my kind of scum

my kind of scum Force Ghost star 4

Mar 4, 2002
    Yeah - We need something new to talk about. Most of the threads in this section have gotten a little played out because we just have nothing to speculate about.

19. Juke Skywalker

Juke Skywalker Force Ghost star 5

Mar 27, 2004
    Sheesh, nearly every character calls for being "fit". I guess Pilates caught on after the Empire was defeated :p.

20. Ridley Solo

Ridley Solo Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 27, 2010
    Being fit makes it easier to decimate the ranks of the bad guys...or run away. ;)

21. cdgodin

cdgodin Jedi Master star 4

Oct 9, 2009
    Well, if there's gonna be Jedi, what would you expect a highly disciplined martial arts order to be? Full of unfit people?

JainaSoloYJK likes this.
  22. Juke Skywalker

Juke Skywalker Force Ghost star 5

Mar 27, 2004
    Look at Sammo Hung :p. Seriously, I'm not saying you have a bunch of Jedi with beer guts, but I don't want this cast (and I don't just mean Jedi) to look like they just walked in from the set of a CW show. As much as people talk about practical vs. CGI effects, I think not casting actors who are too "pretty" is just as important in grounding this movie, and this saga.

Sum-Wan and FRAGWAGON like this.
  23. cdgodin

cdgodin Jedi Master star 4

Oct 9, 2009

Well, off-hand, the only physically unfit person I recall from A New Hope was Porkins and maybe the Lars, but that's it.

24. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR Force Ghost star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    I like the idea of a Darth Pagueis movie. I wonder how much of the novel is based on Lucas' input.

Immortiss and Darth Chiznuk like this.
  25. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    I would be annoyed if they did a major announcement at D23 when they could have done it in front of fans at Celebration. Marvel gets time at Comic Con to promote itself and discuss its projects, why shouldn't Lucasfilm?

Disney has Pixar & Pirates of the Caribbean to promote, leave the other stuff to the separate studios.

my kind of scum likes this.