main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

EU Character? ("Just the Facts" in retrospect)

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith (Non-Spoilers)' started by Worst_Jedi_Ever, Jun 13, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Worst_Jedi_Ever

Worst_Jedi_Ever Jedi Master star 1

Jan 13, 2004
    Yesterday, I was looking at the last "Just the Facts" post from a while back. Fascinating reading, if you've got some time to kill, because there are so many little hints that I totally misinterpreted at the time, and many that were surely designed to be misleading ("Anakin is vulnerable on a slope,", indeed!).

The one thing that sticks out is the discussion of an EU character in ROTS. Are they talking about Commander Cody, maybe? Or somebody that was in the cut scenes about the proto-Rebellion--y'know, the Mon Mothma scenes?

Or is this something totally obvious that I'm blanking on?

Also, I guess I'll open the discussion of JTF, if anyone has anything to say about re-reading that info after the fact...

2. Ozzel

Ozzel TF.N Foreign Book Covers Staff star 5 VIP

May 14, 2001
    It was Quinlan Vos. Supposedly he was cut before anything was shot, but Obi-Wan does mention his name in the scene where Anakin misses the meeting.

3. Worst_Jedi_Ever

Jan 13, 2004
    Didn't Quinlan Vos appear in TPM, though? I thought I had read that he was a "backgound Jedi" in TPM or AOTC, but is he purely an EU creation?

4. Lord_Hydronium

Lord_Hydronium Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 11, 2002
    Vos was created from the look of a TPM extra. The extra was then retconned to be Vos.

Going by the comic, he was going to die on Kashyyyk when a tank fires on him, but it never got past the animatic stage.

5. Worst_Jedi_Ever

Jan 13, 2004
    Thanks, guys. :)

6. Ozzel

Ozzel TF.N Foreign Book Covers Staff star 5 VIP

May 14, 2001
    Where is the "Just the Facts" thread? I looked for it and couldn't find it, and, once again, the search function proved useless.

7. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    I think Commander Cody was thrown into the comics from an early look at the script. Could be wrong.

The Vos thing was lame, IMHO - he's totally EU, I don't care if he was retconned into TPM (Yes, I know he's sitting in Mos Espa).

Would have been cool to see Vos rather than just have him mentioned.

Anyway, here's the link to Just the Facts.

HERE

8. drth sidious

drth sidious Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 24, 1999
    I'm pretty sure the EU character was Whie. He appeared in Yoda: Dark Rendezvous. You can see him in the movie when Obi sees the security hologram. He's the boy Jedi Padawan standing opposite Anakin.

9. stinrab

stinrab Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 9, 1998
    I'm glad Whie died in the movie, he was an annoying character in the books.

10. Master_Starwalker

Master_Starwalker Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 20, 2003
    I liked Whie but I'm glad he got to die an on screen death and I hope they flesh him out.

11. GrandAlmightyMaster

GrandAlmightyMaster Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 30, 2003
    When I first saw RotS I thought Zett was Whie but later relized he was on the holo.

12. Lord_Hydronium

Lord_Hydronium Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 11, 2002
    Whie was a movie character (well, just the name of an extra) that Stewart used in DR.

Cody, Grievous, etc. are also originally from the movie. Of all the characters in ROTS, only Aayla Secura and the potential Vos cameo originated in the EU.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.