main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Evasion - NJO - Completed - April 29, 2003

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by InyriForge, Nov 17, 2002.

1. Jaina_Fel_06

Jaina_Fel_06 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 17, 2002
    Oh, wow.

Just wow.

The last post in this spectacular story deserves a spectacularly long review. So here goes...

*rubs hands* :p

?Mooooo-ooooom,? Jysella whined, proving that all teenagers could stretch a one syllable word out that long.

Yes, indeedy... I've been guilty of the same thing (today, as a matter of fact ;)), as has nearly every other teenager on the planet. I love how you incorporate elements of contemporary people into the lives of the SW characters. I think one thing people tend to forget is that although many of them are heroes, they are people, too. You do an excellent job of reminding us in a down-to-life manner.

He glanced over at Syal who was walking with her boyfriend she just had to bring along. At least the kid was dressed respectfully. Still, he was holding Syal?s hand...

Good ol' protective Wedge... You really have got this characterization thing nailed down. He behaves and thinks precisely as, I think, George Lucas intended him to. He's the quintessential protective father that doesn't want to let his daughter go, while at the same time a hero of the universe. *shakes head* What more can you want?

?So does Jysella,? Valin said, rolling his eyes. ?It?s horrible. Anytime my friends come over, she hangs around and tries to flirt with them.?

Heehee... Jysella obviously knows what a valuable person an older brother can be... as do I... [face_mischief] :p I don't necessarily flirt with my bro's friends, but I'm good friends with a bunch of them. :)

?Hey, now,? Mirax gave her husband a gentle shove. ?You like it that I don?t sit around, drink tea, and talk about the weather.?

?No,? Wedge said, ?Instead, you get drunk and discuss my sex life.?

[face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

?I can?t believe she said that in public!? Valin still had the My-Parents-Are-The-Most-Embarassing-Ever look on his face.

?Oh, calm down, Valin. It?s not like we?re talking about how I used to change your diapers. You had the cutest little butt then,? Mirax remarked.

[face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

?Hobbs,? Wes said, suddenly getting an excited look on his face. ?What?s this?? He scribbled something again.

Inyri set a pitcher on the table and watched, slightly amused.

Hobbie pretended to think, ?Hmmm, a Bantha??

lol... This reminds me of Starfighters of Adumar, when Wes was drawing stuff with the blastsword... *shakes head* One of the funniest scenes I've ever read in my life in one of the funniest books I've ever read... And trust me, this story reminds me a whole lot of SoA. You've managed to capture the very essences of the three pilots, and Tycho too before he died. I love them the way you write them!

The sparklers had gone out, and now the two little girls were sitting in the yard by the swing set, playing with Wedge the Ewok and Benny, a pink Bantha that Lujayne normally carried with her.

Another little bit of real life-ism that really brings this story to life. The stuffed animals manage to add an element of cute childhood like none other. ;)

?I?ll sit by you, Daddy,? Lujayne climbed onto the chair beside her father.

Awwww... She's so sweet... [face_love] [face_love] I'm a Daddy's girl, so this really stood out for me. She's just... [face_love] [face_love] [face_love]

?Daddy?? She cocked her head to the side. ?Can we get a real Ewok??

A fitting end to the saga of the Jansons... :p

The war had cost a lot, but it preserved the freedom, and the lives, of the people who were now celebrating.

So true...

Inyri, I've gotta say how much I absolutely loved this story. Everything about it just reached out and grabbed me and wouldn't let me stop reading even if I wanted to (which, I assure you, I didn't.) As I read this last post, I kept rejoicing every time I scrolled down and there was more. I just didn't want it to end. It's been an incredible experience just to read this, and I feel honored that you shared this story with us. I can't tell you how much I regret that this is over, but at the same time I'm happy for you. You shoul

2. Miska

Miska Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 18, 2002
    The last post was just as wonderful as all the rest have been- I only started reading this story about halfway through (I think around Chapter 5), and I don't know if I've ever actually posted to tell you how awesome it is, but it has been truly wonderful. No matter what awards you win or don't win at the FFA, you're a wonderful writer with a great knack for getting inside a character's head, writing comedy as well as romance, action, and angst, and creating a memorable story with lovable characters. It's been awesome, and I'm looking forward to the same thrills on your X Wing series :)

3. Stackpole_The_Hobbit

Stackpole_The_Hobbit Jedi Master star 6

Jul 31, 2002
    YAAAAY! :D :_| It's over! :D It was so good! :_| But no more! :D Deception's just starting! :D

TSM will be reading as soon as the scheme changes :p

Oh, I'd like to thank Inyri for making this "Pathetic Attempt at a Full-Length Fic" which actually turned out excellently, IMO. :p I'd also like to thank The_Standmaiden for linking me this fic (among other things :p), I've enjoyed every post.

4. CptCorranHorn

CptCorranHorn Jedi Master star 5

Oct 16, 2002
    :_|

Y'know, I remember when i came in to this thread, being the first guy to read your story (on the boards at least ;))

Back then, I was stuck on a couple of different stories. But it didn't take long for this to be the first story I looked for in the day. And I loved reading everything, every comment you made, every fantastic post.

I still stand by my comment that this is the best story on the boards. The perfect blend of RL and Star Wars, wrapped up in a beautiful Action/Romance.

If you dont win an award for this masterpiece, there will be some very angry people on the boards, I'm sure of it.

5. lordmaul13

lordmaul13 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 18, 2000
    Awwww, it's over. The whole time I was reading I was laughing out loud at the jokes but in the back of my mind I knew that this was it. Great job. It was like a book that you love so much. You're reading along and you look and say "Sithspit! I only have 100 more pages! It'll be over soon. I don't want it to ever end."

You thanked everyone. I thank you.

lordmaul13

6. rogue11lovesjag

rogue11lovesjag Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 13, 2002
    *gives Inyri a standing ovation, tears running down her face*

Oh, my gosh, I can't believe it's over. This has been one of the most incredible stories I think I've ever read, and you are the absolute best. We've had ups, downs, all arounds ( :D ) high, lows. I have actually laughed out loud, and cried at this story, which I never do to anything, which proves how masterful a writer you are, Inyri.

Now, go take a well deserved rest, (such as it is), and get married! *hugs* We all love ya, for more reasons than one!

~Rogue

7. astrowoman

astrowoman Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 11, 2002
    Inyri -- thanks very much for all your hard work on this story. I have enjoyed it for so long! Instead of citing specific quotes or examples, I will just to tell you that for the past couple of months (or more?) the first thing I've done upon getting to work each day is to look online to see if Evasion has been updated. I'm going to miss this story!

And, fyi, I'll be hanging out over at the Deception thread! See you there.

Astro

8. pengwin_jibberish

pengwin_jibberish Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 3, 2002
    *Joins in standing ovation*

Wondeful, silmply wonderful.
    You've kept me enthralled and anticipating every chapter through out the entire story. No matter what you say you're a very talented writer.

The last post was everything I hoped it would be, and even though I wish it could go on forever you've tied things up so well that I can't be too disappointed.

I still can't believe it's over though.

:_|

9. InyriForge

InyriForge Jedi Master star 5

Jan 24, 2002
    Thank you, JG! I'm so glad you liked the story. I don't have an official encore planned, but check back next week. I keep promising a little extra if the FFA go my way. :)

Hawkbat, thanks so much. When I originally asked who wanted to create a character, I had only planned on using them for about half a post. Even when I decided to use Xris for a few extra scenes, I never thought she'd become a major character. :p :) As for your viggie, it was wonderful and I'm so glad you posted it (and let me archive it on my site). I'm so glad you've enjoyed what I've written to date, and I will definately try to keep the same standard on my new story (esp when I have real time to work on it).

Thank you, JF06! Spectacular? Wow. *blushes* Yeah, the teenager stuff (and the reactions of Wedge to Syal's love life) actually are based on my own life. I was the queen of dragging out one syllable names. :p You were right, the few lines you pulled out with Wes and Hobbie are based on SoA (and that was one of my fav scenes in that novel, too). *blinks* Wait, this story reminds you of one of the best Star Wars novels ever written? Wow! Thank you.

Miska, actually this is ur first review on this thread. :) Thanks so much for letting me know what you thought in the end. And thank you for all those compliments! I'm very glad you enjoyed the story. I know I enjoyed writing it.

LOL, Stakky. Hey, my most recent story doesn't have the word "pathetic" in the title. :p I'm so glad you came to read. I've enjoyed having you around. :) Thank you so much for reading it, and I'm glad you liked it.

Corran, thank you. I remember when you came to read too. I kept thinking "oh no, it's a guy. There are mush scenes. He's gonna hate it." I'm so glad I was wrong. I've loved having you around. I still stand by my comment that this is the best story on the boards. Oh wow, thank you. I don't even know how to respond. I'm literally speechless. Thank you so much, Corran.

lordmaul, Thank you. I am so glad you liked it. (I still can't believe you marathoned it so close to the end). Thanks so much for reading this. It definately means a lot.

Rogue, okay, I had to take a break when it came to ur review, cuz you made me cry, too. Thank you so much. You're one of the writers I really look up to on the boards, and that praise definately means a lot to me. Rest? What's that? Isn't that like when you got shot until you pass out without the bacta, and wake up feeling much better? Hmmm, maybe I'll try that. :p Thank you, again.

Astro, thanks so much. I've been blown away by everyone's response to the story. I never thought people would be that interested. I remember when you started to read. :) I'm so glad you enjoyed the story and I definately hope you continue to read my other stuff. Thank-you. :)

PJ, I can't believe it's over, either. For the longest time, three days a week, I'd spend a few hours sitting down and typing away. I am so glad you enjoyed the story. Thank you so much for all your reviews throughout the story, and thank you for your compliments today.

~Inyri (who is still crying so she can't pass out yet)

10. lordmaul13

lordmaul13 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 18, 2000
    It was so good how could I not marathon it?

lordmaul13

11. AERYN_SUN

AERYN_SUN Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 1, 2001
    Six Months, wow? Was it really that long? It doesn't matter. God, I'm going to miss this story so much, so many wonderful memories. (Love that comment about Valin's butt too when he was a baby.)

Wedge teenage girls, they're awesome and typical teens.

Well Inyri, until the next time you write a Jag/Jaina fic or Inyri/Wes, pm me and I'll be there.

Congradulations to have made this far, and I believe, you should win :D

~aeryn

12. aelie

aelie Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 27, 2003
    :_| It's over ! But mon Dieu what a ride ! I loved every single post and every single little one in between the story ! I don't know how I could ever have skipped over this one as many times as I did, but I'm glad I came back. PM if/when you start your next one, I'll be there !
    me

13. NarundiJedi

NarundiJedi Jedi Master star 6

Oct 8, 2001
    Wow, Inyri, that was fantastic!

Of course, you know I'm talking about Corran's cute butt! ;)

As for this story, incredible, wonderful, and stupendous come to mind! I can't believe it's over, but I've enjoyed reading it and the time I've spent in here. :)

I really do think you're a writer, even if you don't think so, because you're able to tell a story in a way that's interesting and gets a reader involved. There's nothing I love more than a story that can grab my attention. And the one-liners? :eek: Girl, you nail 'em! So keep writing more stuff, and I'll keep on reading. :)

Oh, and maybe, if you can, could you write a short someday with Wes and his daughters? ;) I'd love to read more about them. And Wedge the ewok. And maybe the day that Wes brings home an ewok for a pet! :D

Jae Angel

14. JainaSticksSolo19

JainaSticksSolo19 Jedi Grand Master star 3

Mar 31, 2003
    ROTFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!! i loved it was soo funny!
    ?Hey, now,? Mirax gave her husband a gentle shove. ?You like it that I don?t sit around, drink tea, and talk about the weather.?

?No,? Wedge said, ?Instead, you get drunk and discuss my sex life.?

Iella snickered.

Mirax shook her head, ?Wedge, don?t flatter yourself. We also talk about Corran?s, Wes?, and Nawara?s sex lives, too.?

loved that part 2! it was just sooo funny. i'm still sad that its over!*tear*if you ever do another inyri/wes or jaina/jag please im

15. InyriForge

Jan 24, 2002
    lordmaul, *blushes*

Thank you, Aeryn. I'm actually writing a story right now with the X-wing characters that you may want to keep an eye on. And thank you for your support. It's very much appreciated.

Aelie, thanks so much. I'm glad you liked it, and I'm glad you finally read it. I'll drop you a PM right now about my current story. :p

NJ, I am so glad you liked it. Thank you so much. A short story about Wes and the girls? Hmmm, well, that could be what's coming this weekend if Evasion does well at the FFA's. :p In all seriousness, I do have a series of viggies planned about the characters that will eventually be available on my websight. We'll see how much time I have as far as when they'll be posted. Thank you so much for everything you've said. You have no idea how much it means.

Jaina, thank you! I don't have your IM, but I'll drop you a PM about my current story (although I think ur already reading). I'm not going to be writing any J/J for awhile because the boards are swamped with those fics right now. Maybe in a year or so. I'm so glad you enjoyed it.

~Inyri

16. InyriForge

Jan 24, 2002
    *kicks thread up*

~Inyri

17. JediWraith

JediWraith Jedi Youngling

Oct 19, 2002
    OHHHH HELL YEAH!!!!!!!

*stands up amazed, begins clapping and falls over from being so damn amazed*

I've red many stories in my time and yours is up there with the best of them.

I have spent alot of nights reading yours story, while my homework went undone i might add, but it was deffinetly worth every minute.

I can't wait for your next fiction and you are a writter all right, one of the best I've ever seen.

Keep up the great writting and good luck!

JW

18. ROGUE_49

ROGUE_49 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 14, 2002
    All I can say is great jpb Inyri I loved every moment of it!

I'll be over on your other thread asap. :D

-Rogue

19. InyriForge

Jan 24, 2002
    JW, wow! A new reader delurks after the last post! WOOHOO! I'm so glad you've enjoyed the story! I had so much fun writing this, and to hear that you think it was amazing definately means a lot to me. I do have a current WIP that I just started (four and a half posts, although it's on page 15 cuz everyone chats on my threads). It's called "X-wing: Deception" and it's on the "Beyond the Saga" board. Thanks so much for letting me know you read this story!

Thanks, Rogue. There's no rush, just take your time.

~Inyri

20. InyriForge

Jan 24, 2002
    Finished the Deception update, if anyone's interested.

~Inyri

21. Jag_Of_Inyri

Jag_Of_Inyri Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 8, 2002
    Congrats to Anne. love you (even though you woke me up to tell me you won). you deserved to.

22. Jaina_Solo_Durron

Jaina_Solo_Durron Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 3, 2002
    APPLAUSE!

wonderful job, inryi...this fic was absolutely fantastic...and congratulations to you for finishing it!

again, great stuff, and we're all looking forwards to more *hint hint nudge nudge*

-JSD

23. AERYN_SUN

AERYN_SUN Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 1, 2001
    What a lovely day it is today :D Evasion won "Readers? Choice NJO In-Progress Story". I just pm'd Inyri. Other than my own nomination, I was rooting for Inyri, hoping she'd win.

Congradulations again, Inyri!!!!

~aeryn

24. InyriForge

Jan 24, 2002
    Thanks, Aeryn! I was definately surprised.

JSD, thank you! I won't be writing a sequel to Evasion, but I am working on a new story over on the "Beyond The Saga" board that takes place right after SoA. :)

Matt, luv you.

~Inyri

25. Jaina_Fel_06

Jaina_Fel_06 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 17, 2002
    YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY INYRI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*throws confetti*

Congrats on your award-- you deserved to win!! :D :D