main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Eyes Can Deceive, JA AU, 5/24

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by TheSwedishJedi, Nov 15, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediClare

JediClare Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 8, 2001
    Over-grown slugs?!

[face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

x Clare x

2. Jacinta_Kenobi

Jacinta_Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 23, 2001
  3. LinaOrgana

LinaOrgana Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 22, 2001
    Gosh, you sound like me... I have about five unfinished fanfics in various places, but somehow I can never resist the ever-present urge to start a new one. Them plot bunnies are insidious.

I love 'what if' stories. Keep it coming!

4. TheSwedishJedi

TheSwedishJedi Jedi Master star 4

Sep 15, 2001
    Thanks LinaOrgana. I think three threads are enough for now. :D I love 'what if's' too. Manly ones where Qui-Gon doesn't die and Anakin doesn't turn. More tomarrow.

Maybe.

~Swede :p

P.S. Ewan McGregor is(was) on Jay Leno! [face_love] :D [face_love] <can't stop grinning madly as she watches> What!? Can't a girl look?

5. LinaOrgana

Nov 22, 2001
    Last year I had the inside door of my locker papered in Obi-Wan pics. :D Once, two girls were standing there talking about actors they liked when I came to get my books. They both stared at my door a moment, then one of them said "'course, he's pretty cute, too."

*hugs her Obi-Wan doll*

6. Ginger_Jedi

Ginger_Jedi Jedi Knight star 6

Jun 4, 2001
    Jenn: No offense taken! :) *shakes head of long red hair happily*

Any hoo, cool postie Swede with a nice take on that part of JA1 :D

7. TwilightKat

TwilightKat Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 12, 2001
    Ewan?! - where? (climbs to top of desk and peers around) Damn - wrong country :_|
    cheer me up with another post ;)

while on the subject...
    Let me tell u a not-so-little story centred around the time of Moulin Rouge (glazed look in reminiscence) FM were giving away the chance to go to the premiere(in England), and of course like any loyal fan I was burning out the phone line TRYING to get through.

Obviously I didn't.

The world-shattering part is that one month later (totally by chance) I saw my next-door neighbour - who I would like to mention at this point is like a SISTER to me b/c we practically grew up together. She works for a bank, as something important, and is always busy so I hardly ever see her.

Anyway, (if u haven't dropped off yet) my spiritual sister and I started talking and inevitably the conversation turned to my interests in SW and from there to Moulin Rouge.

Then she dropped a bomb on me.

Due to her recent hard work, she was invited as a guest of her banking firm...to the premiere of Moulin Rouge.

Apparently I'd looked like I was having a heart-attack.

Well I very nearly did next.

My absolutely, wonderfully guileless 'sister' then apologised, and said that if she had known that I wanted to go SO much - she could have had me invited, as she was allowed to take someone with her, but couldn't think of anyone to take so went by herself...which wasn't the best thing to say in my already near-catatonic state.

Upon asking her (I just LOVE torturing myself) what it had been like, she said that Nicole Kidman had looked absolutely radiant and...Ewan McGregor was incredibly charming, and just as cute in person.

Yes - she talked to them - made conversation etc.
    No - she didn't think to get their autographs...and I just wanted to bash my head in - or HERS.

Still do, as a matter of fact.

She says that if she gets the chance again, she'll think of me first...which is reassuring to know. There's still the fact that I'm prob. jinxed or something, as it was near my b-day at the time...the irony is just SO...POODOO (mopes)

Swedi - perhaps u should make that post a double...

8. TwilightKat

TwilightKat Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 12, 2001
    oops! - depression forcing me to double-post! [face_blush]
    Hope the next post's coming soon...

9. LinaOrgana

Nov 22, 2001
    Do any of these forums have an official 'Fangirls Gush Over Ewan' thread? :D

10. TheFallen

TheFallen Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 27, 2001
    You know, starting to read this story I was sceptic about it being blind Obi n' all... but I must admit. I've eaten my foot now. This story is very nice and I hope to see a new post soon! :: click 'post alert' repeatedly, hoping it'll actually WORK this time ::

Oh, where oh where is Qui when you actually NEED the guy?

11. padawan3

padawan3 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 20, 1999
    Girls don't need a thread. We rave about Ewan every five seconds anyway. And if guys want to know why it's because he's just scrumptious. No doubts or exceptions.

12. Renton Kenobi

Renton Kenobi Jedi Master star 4

May 24, 2000
    Yes, like guys who think of sex every 10 seconds like that. We think of Ewan every ten seconds... :D

13. OBI_JEDI

OBI_JEDI Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 15, 2001
    I think of Ewan every, lets say I daon't stop.

I don't think there is a thread that lets us talk about Ewan Mc(sexy)Gregor.

I'll start one straight away.

I'll be back once its up.

Oh Swede WHERE IS THE POST. I'M GOING CRAZY.

14. OBI_JEDI

Oct 15, 2001
    Swede where is the post.

*tapping desk*

Ok I started the thread. Its in SW Miscellaneous.On the Welcome board. The title(or what ever it is) is

Lets chat about Ewan McGregor(fans only)

Still waiting for the post.

Ok thats it. Put the post up now or I'm coming after you with my lightsaber.

15. padawan3

padawan3 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 20, 1999
    Hey no need to get violent. Though you might want to use the saber when we start invading the thead in vast numbers.

16. TheSwedishJedi

TheSwedishJedi Jedi Master star 4

Sep 15, 2001
    Ok, I'm back so you can put those lightsabers away. No need to start a mob or anything.

TK, you mean you're friend actully met Ewan McGregor?! :eek: :eek: :eek: <faints>

<wakes back up and climbs back to her computer to finish> Can I have her autograph? Kidding. Yeah, I'd be mad at her too if one of my friends did something like that.

Thanks TheFallen. I try to make it interesting. :D

I think everyone can guess my opinion of my sweety, Ewan. [face_love] [face_love] [face_blush]
    As all people do, Obi-Wan dreamed too. But his were not the dreams of sight and color but of sound and the Force. Since it had been with him for all his life, the Force was as much a part of Obi-Wan as his hands or heart. It helped him, guided him and showed him the way, in both the literal and general sense. It let him see not with the eyes but with the mind and he quickly learned how people ?felt? within that vast source of power.

And so the young Jedi?s dreams were of the sounds and voices of the Temple and the warm brightness that was unique for each person. Those of his friends were the most familiar to him and the brightest.

Bant was the strongest, bright like a star but somehow soft because of her compassion and honesty. If he had known what the color was, she was also sea foam green, much like the oceans of her home planet. Obi-Wan also associated the girls bubbling laugh with her signature. Garen was a little harder, his light in the Force always weaving and swirling with the boys extra energy. With a tint of yellow that surrounded Garen?s aura, Obi-Wan thought it matched perfectly with his friend?s sense of humor and fun. Reeft was perhaps the weakest of the group but by no means was he useless. The young boy?s aura was a deep green that seemed to be more laid back and relaxed, but strength hid under it waiting only to be taped and trained.

And so the boy Jedi dreamed.

*&*&*&*&*&*&*&*&*&*&*&*&*&*&*&*

He was curled up under one of the many trees in one of the many gardens in the Temple. His knees pulled back to just under his chin, arms wrapped tightly around them. He wasn?t sure what kind of tree his back was pressed up against, there were so many of them, but it glowed with the Force and offered warmth and comfort. Plus it didn?t laugh and tease him whenever he did something stupid like trip or walk into something.

He pulled his knees closer to him telling himself he wasn?t going to cry. He had his eyes shut tight, though it didn?t really matter if they were open or not.

There was a soft scuffle as someone neared him.

??Re you all ?ight?? A soft voice asked.
    He just shrugged not lifting his head.

?Why you under three?? The voice said with a lisp.

?Don?t wanna play.? He mumbled back.

?Why??

?Cause.?

?That not good reason.? There was a slight pause then a change in subject. ?What your name??

He bit his lip but decided he might as well say. Then maybe the girl would leave him alone.

?Ahbie-Wam Kanobie.?

The girl giggled. ?Me Bant. You wanna play now??

?No.?

He heard a definite huff. ?Why not?!? She sounded like she going to start a fit.

?Can?t see.? He finally muttered.

?Wha? Din?t hear you.?

?I said I can?t see!? He suddenly cried out. He raised his head and opened his eyes.

?Oh.? There was a moment of silence as the girl studied him. ?I like your eyes. They pretty. Like bue water. You wanna play now??

Obi-Wan was stunned. No one had wanted to play with him once they found out he was blind. And no one had even said his eyes were? pretty.

?You still wanna play wif me??

?Yea.? A hand tugged at his arm. ?Come on. We play hide and seek.?

She pulled him to his feet. ?But I can?t see ?here you hide.?

She giggled again. ?Silly. Don?t you know how to play? I hide and you fin? me. Not s?ppose to see me.? She giggled again and lead Obi-Wan to where the other children his age were playing, a Knight and Padawan watching over the group of crazed two to three year olds.

But before he could start playing with his new found frie

17. KenobisGirl

KenobisGirl Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 10, 2001
    Awww... Poor lil Obi... I liked the description of Obi's dreams.

Anway, more soon please! :D

18. Jacinta_Kenobi

Sep 23, 2001
    Pretty cool.

AHHHH SHE MET EWAN AND YOU DIDN'T GET TO SEE HIM AND SHE DOESN'T HAVE HIS AUTOGRAPH? ACHHH, I'D SHOOT MYSELF, oh and her as well. ;)

I thought my life was the pits!

Course, maybe the fact that I'm 16 and not allowed to see anything above PG, and so did not even SEE the movie is almost as bad.

Nope.

19. Jenn-Kenobi

Jenn-Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 3, 2001
    Aw...Swede that was so cute. I started rereading JA 1 and it is good to read it for the third or so time. But I am liking this as much as the book.

20. ewen

ewen Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 2001
    Good post.Onto Obi?Qui,I hope.As for Ewan,I like him,but am a little upset that he seems to think we star war fans are nuts,but his Moulin Rouge is all that and ART included.Art is in ones eyes and heart.Maybe he doesn't believe that Star Wars is much,but it has helped to put his little butt on the Hollywood map.Alot of people were not into his off the wall movies and had never heard of him before.So really he should be thanking Georgie Boy for making his name a household word. Oh and thanx for so many posts of this story I hate waiting weeks for another post.PEACE Ewen

21. Ani_rhymeswith_pansy

Ani_rhymeswith_pansy Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 13, 2001
    Ha! I have the TAPE of Ewan on Jay Leno and I can watch it over and over and over and over again! Neener!

The weirdest thing about it was that my best friend taped it for me and she absolutely HATES Ewan and loves Russell Crowe. (Who I hate.)

As for JA 16, the best compliment I can give it is that it was a big disapointment. *Sigh* Oh well, there' always JA 17!

22. Jacinta_Kenobi

Sep 23, 2001
    Well, I didn't see Jay Leno, I'm not allowed to watch t.v. either.

Maybe I should shoot myself.

That was not why I posted. I wanted to say, MORE!

23. OBI_JEDI

Oct 15, 2001
    More

up

More

up

More

up

24. JediClare

JediClare Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 8, 2001
    :eek:

*Clare slowly backs out of the thread* So many Ewan/Obi-crazy people... [face_frightened]

Good girls. Gooood girls. You wanna biscuit?

*Clare throws some biscuits with Ewan's face on them to the rabid fans (no offense) then runs out and slams the door behind her*

*pants* Sure, he's good-looking, but still...!

*Suddenly remembers something and scribbles the following words on a datasheet*

- Poor Obi-Wan. Being teased because he can't see. And Bant is sweet, finding a game for him to play that doesn't need sight. Nice post, TheSwedishJedi! :)

x Clare x -

*Folds the datasheet and opens the door just a crack. Clare throws the datasheet inside the thread and slams the door shut again*

:D :D :D :D :D :p :p :p :p :p

25. TheFallen

TheFallen Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 27, 2001
    LOVED it!! LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT! Wowee wow wow. I've always had trouble writing dreams but this one was just awesome.

:: faints off of chair and crawls back on and types :: Met... McGregor... MOULIN.. met?! :: reduced to gurgling mass ::

I would make like a vegetable and just sit there and drool if someone told me that. Especially my soul sister/neighbor. I always wondered what I'd be like if I actually had to meet those people. Sure they're people... but their HOT people... :)

I taped Leno too! "So have you ever wrestled with a one eyed trouser snake, then?"

Bwa hah hah hah hah hah hah hah!! :: rewind ::

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.