main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Eyes Can Deceive, JA AU, 5/24

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by TheSwedishJedi, Nov 15, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheSwedishJedi

TheSwedishJedi Jedi Master star 4

Sep 15, 2001
    Somehow the duo found themselves in the air vents on the Offworld side. Obi-Wan kept a close sense on his friend as Si Treemba lead them around. Si Treemba whispered to Obi-Wan what he saw and asked what he should be doing.

A sudden Force Warning gave him and Si Treemba enough time to hide behind a corner when a couple miners opened the vent on their side and gazed in.

The two breathed a sigh in relief as the danger pasted.

?I think it?s time we head back.? Obi-Wan whispered. ?We?ll have to take another way. We can?t let them catch us.?

?We understand, Obi-Wan. But we do not know the way.?

Obi-Wan thought for a couple minutes then stretched out with the Force. ?We?ll follow the Force.? He replied. ?I think we need to go this way.? He said pointing down the shaft opposite them.

Si Treemba nodded and started down. Obi-Wan mused that he should probably be the one leading, but he was concentrating on to get out so hard that he had little strength left to ?watch? where he going.

Whenever they came to an intersection, Obi-Wan directed and Si Treemba turned. After what seemed an eternity and very bruised knees, they finally got to their side of the ship.

?Let?s get closer to your quarters. It wouldn?t look too bad then when we drop out of the ceiling.? Obi-Wan said.
    Si Treemba only agreed.

They were half way there when one of the vents right in front of Si Treemba opened and the Arconan was yanked out of the vent.
    ?Si Treemba!? Obi-Wan had no warning and for a minute he stayed there stunned, reaching out with the Force.

He felt another hand reach into the shaft. Obi-Wan tried to back away, but he hit the side with shoulder, not badly, but enough to slow him. The hand wrapped around his right wrist and pulled.

[face_devil]

2. Jacinta_Kenobi

Jacinta_Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 23, 2001
    ACCH!

OBI!

hey, I'm the first to say good job on this post, cool.

3. ewen

ewen Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 2001
    Thanx for another prompt post,now on to your onther story.I just had to check this one out first.PEACE Ewen

4. KenobisGirl

KenobisGirl Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 10, 2001
    Dang it Obi! Getting in trouble again? *Sigh*

More soon please! :D

5. I love Sci Fi

I love Sci Fi Jedi Master star 4

Jan 21, 2000
    great posts!!!

Why do I get the feeling a certain Jedi master just found them?

6. TheSwedishJedi

Sep 15, 2001
    :D
    Obi-Wan held his tongue as he was hulled out of the vent shaft. Though he the hand was rough around his hand and arm, he was placed gently on the ground. He took a moment to center himself, calming the fear and worry, and then reached out to the Force. What he found shouldn?t have surprised him.

Not sure if he should be shamed or angry at being caught, he kept his face neutral and turned only up slightly to the man in front of him.

?Master Jinn.?

?Kenobi. You disobeyed me.?
    Obi-Wan tried not to cringe at the Jedi?s tone. ?I-I thought that if we found what was stolen, then we would find the person behind it.?

?And did you??

Obi-Wan bowed his head. ?No.?

?And do you realize what could have happened it you two were caught??

Si Treemba spoke up to help defend his friend. ?That is why we were in the air vents.?

?You still disobeyed me.?

Obi-Wan straighten and looked up to where he thought Qui-Gon?s face would be.

?With respect, I am not under your charge, Qui-Gon Jinn. As you keep reminding me.?

Though he couldn?t see, Obi-Wan thought he felt a sliver of? discomfort from the Jedi?

?Your meddling could have made things worse.?

7. Jacinta_Kenobi

Sep 23, 2001
    Ha! I get to say good post first again!

Qui, you shut up! Can't you see he wants to help? And he's right, he's not your padawan, cause your an idiot, so you can't be mean.

MORE!

8. TheFallen

TheFallen Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 27, 2001
    Preach on, Jacinta!!

Qui, you nit wit, you can't order Obi around! Hah! Why don't you go meddle somewhere else if you're not going to be nice!

9. KenobisGirl

Jul 10, 2001
    Go Jacinta! *Kicks Qui* (I seem to be doing that a lot lately...) Wonderful, but short post! :)

10. Ginger_Jedi

Ginger_Jedi Jedi Knight star 6

Jun 4, 2001
    UP!!!

I can't believe it! I missed 2 posts!!! :eek: And they were cool too! :D

11. TheSwedishJedi

Sep 15, 2001
    So I'm really busy tonight and I don't know if I'll have time to write a post for today. I'll get one up tomarrow at least. Gotta go.

~Swede :)

12. Ani_rhymeswith_pansy

Ani_rhymeswith_pansy Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 13, 2001
    Yes, that's it! Let's all beat up Qui-Gon!
    *Cackles* I have trained you well my young apprentices.

:D

13. TheSwedishJedi

Sep 15, 2001
    Ok, so my homework wasn't as horrible as I thought.

And I'm sitting here reading all these other posts and decided that I could work on mine. So here's todays post. :D

?It?s pointless.? Clat?Ha said. ?The thermocoms were found about an hour ago in some lubricant. Whoever dropped them in there didn?t expect them to be found.?

Obi-Wan felt his cheeks burn. Qui-Gon was right. If they had been caught or something else had happened, Offworld would be breathing down their necks.

He heard the Jedi Master sigh in frustration. Force, he could have made things so much worse. All he wanted to do was help. But it seemed his help wasn?t wanted.

?Can?t you see that this isn?t about what is stolen?? Qui-Gon said. ?A Jedi must look at the bigger picture. The reason for my order was I wanted tensions to cool. I wanted to produce trust. How can Offworld trust the Jedi, if they found you sneaking around their??

The hall suddenly shook and Obi-Wan was thrown against the wall. He picked himself up as warning sirens started to wail.

?What hit us?? Clat?Ha shouted.

Obi-Wan felt Si Treemba?s hand on his arm as his friend helped him up. There was a whunk whunk whunk as Obi-Wan heard the ship?s guns firing.

?I?m not sure,? Qui-Gon answered. ?We need to get to the bridge.?

The group took off down the hall, Obi-Wan?s hand on Si Treemba?s shoulder. He heard and felt others running around in terror, the emotion sending cold shivers down his spine, and he did his best to block it out but still sense those around him. The noise of the gun?s continued as they ran, a deep vibrating through the floor that traveled up Obi-Wan?s legs.

The ship shuddered again but this time Obi-Wan was prepared and stayed on his feet.

The guns went silent and Obi-Wan knew that they had been hit. By what, he wasn?t sure.

The four finally made it to the bridge just as the engines gave out after another shudder.

Obi-Wan stayed close to Si Treemba, reaching out with the Force trying to figure out what was going on. But what ever was happening was out of his reach and all he picked up was the terror of the miners, Si Treemba?s whirling emotions, Clat?Ha?s pent up fury and Qui-Gon Jinn cool and calm. Obi-Wan sighed. He still had so much to learn.

?What?s going on?? He whispered to his friend.

?Pirates.? Si Treemba whispered back.

14. TheFallen

TheFallen Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 27, 2001
    (( gasp ))

Sweet sassy molassy, it was short, sweet, sassy, and utterly SUPERB! Hope you update soon, no matter how small.

15. Lonewolf89

Lonewolf89 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 26, 2001
    This is very interesting!! A blind Obi-Wan...cool! Post soon!

16. KenobisGirl

Jul 10, 2001
    Awesome post! Hmmm, if Obi has to face a pirate... Definitely has some potential for Obi-hurt!!! ;)

More soon please!! :D

17. Jacinta_Kenobi

Sep 23, 2001
    Heehee, yah, I agree! Obi-hurt's almost as good as Obi-torture.

BTW, yes, I am a very jealous speech giver sometimes, thank you, thank you! I will get off my soapbox now.

18. Abbi_Cee

Abbi_Cee Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 3, 2000
    Oh good, the pirates are arriving. That was one of the best parts of the book. :) I can't wait to see how you get Obi through the difficulties he has to face.

19. I love Sci Fi

I love Sci Fi Jedi Master star 4

Jan 21, 2000
  20. TwilightKat

TwilightKat Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 12, 2001
    Qui - can u say DENIAL

That was tm Jinn - ordering Obi around...u forget that HE'S NOT UR PADAWAN! so hah :cool: I see Obi kicking pirate-butt in the near future (hopeful eyes) u won't say I'm wrong; will u.
    Just to make sure; they are still on the ship aren't they - or have I missed something?
    (TK)

21. TheSwedishJedi

Sep 15, 2001
    Sorry folks. No Obi-hurt. Or torture. But don't worry, there will be some, just not on the ship. I've got one of his regular missions more or less planed out and one where he gets really hurt. But that's later.

Yes TK, they're still on the ship.
    Qui-Gon looked around the bridge. It was deserted. He glanced back out the front window. The main pirate ship, a heavy cruiser, was just in front of them and to the right. Other smaller transports were swarming around it and the Monument like flies around sugar.

Though he stayed calm on the outside, he was cursing profoundly inside. He took a moment to take a breath and release his feelings into the Force.

He turned to Obi-Wan and Si Treemba. ?I need you two to find someone to pilot this ship. We can?t stay here. We?re sitting Banthas.? He then turned to the women next to him and he unclipped his lightsaber. ?I?m going to do my best to stop them.?

Clat?Ha nodded at him. ?I?m coming with.? He just nodded. He would need all the help he can get.

?I can fight with you too.? Obi-Wan said. He was standing close to Si Treemba still, his hand resting lightly on the other?s shoulder. His gaze was the same unfocused blue that he always had, but his mouth and eyebrows were drawn up in concentration.

?No, Obi-Wan. Listen to me. I need you to find a pilot. Trust my judgement. I can hold back the pirates but we?ll all die if the ship remains dead in space.?

Obi-Wan stood there for a minute, staring at his shoulder. He finally gave a curt nod and Qui-Gon breathed a sigh in relief. He didn?t have time to argue with the boy.

With that he rushed out the door and down the hall. Clat?Ha close behind.

As he neared one of the entrances, he heard blaster fire. Of course there would be more then one boarding party. But it sounded like the Offworld miners were holding them off. He decided to let them be.

The Jedi Master dashed down a side corridor toward the docking bay. He rounded a corner and came face to face with a Togorian pirate. His cat eyes flashing like green embers in the dark fur of his face. The pirate swung his huge claws to rake across Qui-Gon.

But Qui-Gon was already moving, twisting under the large cat?s arms and slicing his lit lightsaber across the fur covered knees. The Togorian roared in pain.

Behind the fallen pirate, more spilled around a corner. They snared as they saw their companion go down. Clat?Ha in blind panic, pulled her blaster and opened fire. One Togorian screamed and went down. The others roared again and opened fire. Qui-Gon deflected the deadly bolts back. Clat?Ha screamed in rage as she continued to fire.

But they were outnumbered twenty to one. The Jedi Master vowed to do everything he could to keep her alive.

22. Jacinta_Kenobi

Sep 23, 2001
    Once again, I get to say GOOD POST first again!!! hahahaha!

That was cool. No Obi-hurt? Shnikes!

23. KenobisGirl

Jul 10, 2001
    Wonderful post! I'll be looking forward to that Obi-injury! [face_devil] Mwahahaha!!

Oh, by the way, I want to thank you for the regular updates! It makes the story more enjoyable! :)

24. TheSwedishJedi

Sep 15, 2001
    [face_blush] Thank you. It's easier to get the posts up when they're so short. Also doesn't hurt that I have a story line already writen out. :D

~Swede :p

25. Kelly Kenobi

Kelly Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 23, 2000
    "I've got one of his regular missions more or less planed out and one where he gets really hurt. But that's later."

You tease!!!!

Your re-write of "The Rising Force" is wonderful, Obi being blind just adds a great new demension. I am now looking very forward to the regular mission and a "realy hurt" Obi. Don't you just love a "really hurt" Obi, both the physical and emotional kinds :D :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.