main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

NSWRPF Archive F.E.A.R (First Encounter Assault Recon) "Is truth scarier than fiction?"

Discussion in 'Non-Star Wars Role Playing Archive' started by LORDVIGILANCE, Mar 7, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LORDVIGILANCE

LORDVIGILANCE Jedi Youngling star 4

Jun 11, 2005

IC: Ian Richards
    Infirmary

Ian was physically fine however, his body was devoid of any energy. His muscles cramped with tiredness. His head ached with a pounding migrane. The last thing that Ian had remembered was Mattew and Janus stuggling against each other then...Janus grabbing Ian's forehead.

Something...something had happened to him. He saw electric blue light swirling around his head. He also remembered convulsing horribly. His body was aching.

He opened his eyes with a flutter and he rose slowly out of the...medical bed? Was Ian in the infirmary? He looked to the bed next to him and saw Matthew asleep. Ian groaned a little as he swung his legs over the bed. He stood still for a minute as his head adjusted.

Ian rose from the bed and walked over to Matthew's side. His sleeping form was motionless. He could see his chest rise and fall from the steady stream of breaths Matthew was taking. Ian smiled and laid a hand on Matthew's forehead. He slowly rubbed his hand through his hair, "Its ok, Matthew. Everything is fine now. Please wake up."

"Attention. May Command Sergeant Major Matthew Rosetti and First Sergeant Ian Richards please report to the main office? Time is of the essence, we have something important to announce."

The intercom had blared to life and startled Ian slightly. He leaned in closer and shook Matthew slightly. Ian called his name several more times before he finally saw Matthew's eye open slightly.

TAG: Matthew

2. JediCouncilMaster

JediCouncilMaster Jedi Youngling star 6

Jun 23, 2005
    IC: Matthew Rosetti
    Infirmary

Matthew opened his eyes and saw Ian over him, the lights from the ceiling was blinding. When Matthew tried to move, he groaned out painfully, he clutched his side and arm. The nurse walked into the room carrying a clipboard, she smiled at Ian then smiled at Matthew. "I believe they're calling you both. Nothing serious happeed to you guys back at the cell, you were just knocked out."

The nurse then left the room. Matthew sat up and managed to get off the medical bed. "Hey....Ian. You doing all right?" Matthew rose a hand up and squeezed Ian's shoulder. "Well...let's go." Matthew urged, somehow interested in why the Captain had called them.

When they arrived at the Main Office, Captain Fuller greeted them. "Hey....guys. How you doing? Listen, I'm sorry about throwing you into the cell. I mean...anyways. We know how hard you've worked with us...so we're giving you a vacation." The Captain said with no enthusiasm.

Matthew smiled and said, "That means I can visit my home! Yes!" Matthew said cheering and whooping, he ran to a payphone in the offices before he realized that he didn't know how long was this...'vacation.' He kindly went back and apologized, "Sorry. How long is this...sir?" Matthew asked.

"Depends...we'll immedietely bring you back once something happens." The Captain said, and motioned them away. "Have fun..." Matthew looked at Ian and smiled. He quickly went to the payphone and called his home...
    ~TAG: Ian

3. LORDVIGILANCE

Jun 11, 2005

Captain Fuller's Office

Ian stood stood silently as Captain Fuller announced that each man would have a vaction period of indefinite time. Ian's eyes shifted from side to side. He was attempting to hold back a flood of tears. Where would he go? Matthew apparently was going to visit his family...whomever they may be.

Ian looked as Matthew exploded in an outburst. Wow! Ian thought as Matt was hooping and yelling in the Captain's office.

"Thank you, sir." Ian said lightly. He looked at some of the papers on Fuller's desk. He lookd up to the ceiling to hold back the tears. He was about to cry.

He let out a sigh of complete relief when he heard the Captain dismiss them both. Ian walked with a hurried pace out of the building. Tears were already beginning to streak down his cheeks. Ian was sure that Matthew had seen the tears slide from his eyes as he walked by. Ian ran outside and leaned up against the building.

He started to cry hard.

4. JediCouncilMaster

Jun 23, 2005
    Main Office

Matthew waited until someone answered the phone...unforunately an answering machine came up, "Christina! I told you to get the food out of the microwave! Darling, you have to wait, can't you see I'm doing something here? Why don't you stuff your face with a sandwich? But I don't want a sandwich, I want a chimichanga. Then get over here and make a chimichanga! But I -" Some funny answering machine message, it was meant to be funny; A pretend arguement with a man and a women was just hilarious.

Matthew saw Ian briskly run out appearing to be crying, but why? Matthew tried to make this short and consise, he touched and folded the cord around his index finger and said, "Mom. I have some great news. I'm coming home. And didn't I tell you to change the answering machine message like the day I left the house? Anyways, I'll be going there. You're probably out shopping. Love you...bye." Matthew hung up the phone.

Matthew walked out the building and looked for Matthew then he looked to his left and saw Ian leaning againt the building, sobbing. Why? "Ian? What's wrong? Why are you crying?" Matthew asked.

5. LORDVIGILANCE

Jun 11, 2005

Main Office / Outside

Ian was holding his head in his hands as he began to weep uncontrolably. His tears stained his cheeks and slipped down to his mouth. Their salty taste was robbing his senses. The only thing he could taste or see was hurt.

Ian had no family. No blood family.

"Its just...I don't have a family to go home too. I don't know who they are. I never met them." Ian began to vry even harder. He looked to Matthew and saw a worried look on his face. He seemed confused on what to do. Hug? Comfort? He didn't know.

Ian slid down the shingled wall paneling and fell into the grass. The freshly cut grass was bringing in warm loving senses, flowers were blooming nearby also sending warm smells into his nostrils.

"Oh, Matthew."

6. ticopuma

ticopuma Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 2, 2005
    IC: Nate Jones
    F.E.A.R. Academy / Captains Office

The car that had picked him up from Nate's small apartment aproached heavy black gates. The car stopped and the driver took out a small key card with which he used to open the heave black gates. He scanned it and the gates opened. The car pulled on through the gates and into the parking lot. What the hell? This place looks more like a boot camp than an academy. Oh well. Nate got his bags and went over to the entrance witch was heavily guarded.

"Whats your buisness here?" said the tall, muscular man. "I registered and I need to get in." said Nate looking up at the guard.

"Your ID and registration papers?"asked the guard looking straight forward, making no eye contact with Nate. The new recruit got his ID badge and his registration papers from his pocket. "Here you go big guy." said Nate handing the ID badge and registration papers to the guard. The guard looked over the papers, and slammed them back into Nate's chest almost causing him to fall back.

"Come with me." said the guard. Nate did as he was told and followed the guard to what seemed to be the Captains Office. But Nate was sure to flick the guard off when he wasnt looking.

TAG: No one Yet

7. JediCouncilMaster

Jun 23, 2005
    OOC: [face_laugh] How original, Tico. Priceless.

IC: Captain Thomas Fuller
    Personal Office

As Private Jones entered the Main Office, he was greeted with the smell of freshly roasted coffee and the traces of cigarette smoke. People in suits and tacical uniform walked around, some eyed at Nate with a baffled look on their faces. A woman holding a document kindly smiled at him and passed by.

Two men in uniforms held a criminal and forced him to walk and stop talking, "Move it, punk!" They urged. The criminal bumped into Nate and cussed him out. The guards reacted and slapped the criminal on the back of his head. "Stop talking!"

Nate followed the helpful signs on the walls and ended up facing a closed door with a glass window on the wall. Unfortunately the window was blocked with a curtain. Nate could hear someone conversing inside, on the door was big black white letters: Cpt. Thomas Fuller.

Nate went in and saw the Captain sitting down behind his desk, papers and folders were neatly piled to the side. Small statues and figurines of soldiers holding the American flag gave the Captain an easy nice-at-home feel. The Captain was talking on the telephone when he saw Nate arrive. He politely hung up and greeted Nate, "Ah, you must be Nate Jones. Nice to meet you, I'm Thomas Fuller." The Captain smiled and extended his hand for a firm shake.

"May I see your papers...dude?" The Captain said loosely, a nervous smile present on his face. "Oh, sorry for my rudeness. Would you like anything? Coffee? Water? Juice? Anything?" The Captain asked, sitting back down.
    ~TAG: Nate Jones

[b]IC: Matthew Rosetti[/b]
    [i]Outside Main Office[/i]

[blockquote]Matthew frowned and didn't want to hurt Ian any further by bothering him or saying things that may not even come true. "I'm sorry, Ian. But...this is going to sound stupid...but maybe you can be adopted by my mom. I mean, my dad's gone too. Missing In Action from the war."

Matthew walked closer to Ian and sat down next to him; Matthew rose a hand and placed it on Ian's head and shifted it down to run his hand through his hair. "You can be a Rosetti. You don't have to be a Richards, a name which you so dearly hate. How does that sound? We can be real brothers now." Matthew smiled and slowly grabbed Ian's hand.

Matthew compared his hand with Ian's. Then he pressed the palm of his hand against Ian's and smiled. "See...we're not so different."[/blockquote][b][u]~TAG: Ian[/u][/b]

8. LORDVIGILANCE

Jun 11, 2005
    Outside Main Office

The sobbing had ceased when Ian had heard Matthew's suggestion. He was honored that he would think to present Ian with such a priceless gift.

Family.

He sensed the warm figure of Matthew step closer and begin to rub a soft hand through Ian's own hair. His consideration was touching and his touch was soothing to the tears overwhelming him. He then felt Matthew grab Ian's hand and begin to admire and compare it. The younger Richards brother raised his head to see a warm smile and a heart shimmering in gold.

This man was a true form of family.

"I would be honored, Matthew. That...That you would consider allowing someone like me to join your family. But you don't want someone like me...Nick would always be over our shoulders." Ian looked down and tightened the grip of Matthew's hand. He didn't want him to go.

9. JediCouncilMaster

Jun 23, 2005
    Outside Main Office

Matthew grinned when he saw Ian stopped crying, with that he wrapped an arm around him. Leaning his head against Ian's, he closed his eyes and felt the grip on his hand tighten. "I never had a brother or a sister, I had no one to love, no one to show that I care. Until I met you..." Matthew smiled and hugged Ian.

"You're the only person I care and love in this world. You're a Godsend, a gift that I'm thankful for having. You can always be a Rosetti, there is nothing else that I want from you besides love and your generous heart." Matthew kissed the top of Ian's head and never let go.

"You can come with me. Taxi is about to come right now. Just bring your stuff and meet me out here. I promise, I won't leave without you. I want you to meet my mom and she would understand the pain you're going through. I love you all right? Nick can't show that. He may be your brother, but he isn't treating you like one, like true family. We're all in this together and we will stop this evil." Matthew stood up and assisted Ian to do the same thing.

10. LORDVIGILANCE

Jun 11, 2005

Outside Main Office

Matthew's words touched Ian's heart immensely. They reached a place that no one else had even attempted to reach...not even Nick. His own flesh and blood hadn't even tried to think of how his own betrayal would affect Ian. Nick was only thinking of himself, only thinking to save his own self from destruction.

"Thank you, Matthew." Ian said softly.

Matthew had kissed the top of Ian's head. His hair began to flow lightly as the wind picked up. He listened more to Matthew's words. It was as if Ian lived on hearing the words that Matthew was speaking.

"I would love to become part of your family, Matt. Being one of the Rosetti's sounds like a dream come true...I love you too, Matthew." Ian said as he looked at Matthew with red-rimmed eyes.

Ian stood up to full attention after Matthew had assisted him. They looked long at each other before Ian said, "Please wait here while I go and get some stuff." Ian reached his hand down to grab Matthew's, "Please don't leave me."

Ian reached inside his dresser and began to pull out items needed for his trip with Matthew. He pulled out several polo shirts and pants. Ian folded each pair of clothing neatly and laid it in a nearby suitcase.

He reached over to a smalled drawer and began to pull out several pairs of socks and underwear. After a few moments of folding and more packing, Ian had gathered the items needed for a vacation with Nick.

"Alright. I think that's it." Ian said.

[b]TAG: Matthew[/b][/blockquote]

11. JediCouncilMaster

Jun 23, 2005
    Outside Main Office

"I won't...I promise." Matthew said softly and watched Ian leave to get his belongings. Matthew placed both hands on his side and saw a taxi roll into the compound. Just on time, Ian had arrived carying his suitcase and duffle bags. Matthew leaned down to pick up his as the taxi driver stepped out of the car.

"Where to?" The rather plump driver asked with an accent. The driver leaned down into the vehicle and popped the trunk, Matthew motioned Ian to follow and neatly throw their stuff inside. "Just outside of Auburn, here's the directions." Matthew shut down the trunk and handed the driver a small note with directions.

Matthew opened the rear door and boarded the car. Ian did the same and sat down beside him. Matthew looked at Ian and smiled, "Don't worry. You'll like my mom, before you know it, you're part of the family. Start out new. My mom can arrange this, it won't take long." Matthew said and rested his hand on Ian's leg and leaned back against the seat, sighing in relaxation.

The driver shifted the car into drive and left the compound, "All right. We'll be there in around ten minutes. Sit back and enjoy the ride." Matthew scoffed and wrapped an arm around Ian and playfully nudged his leg with his. "So...Ian. You said you never had a family? What did you mean by that? Do you have any memories or pictures? Anything at all?" Matthew asked, from time to time looking out the window and gazing at the passing structures.

12. LORDVIGILANCE

Jun 11, 2005

Taxi

Ian scooted closer to Matthew as he wrapped an arm around his shoulders. The taxi backseat was extremely cramped with two full grown men seated side by side.

"Thank you, Matthew. But you don't have to do this for me. You've done so much for me already. But thank you anyway for it. And, yes that is correct. I...uh...I never knew my family. I never knew my mother and I only have vague memories of my father. Its nothing. I can only hope now that I do have a mother to know...to remember...to love. I had a brother once."

Ian placed his hand on Matthew's leg and scooted a little further next to him. He looked towards Matthew.

"Nick is gone. But you are here now."

Ian started to blush as he spoke this. He turned his head towards the nearby window and looked out as they passed house after house, business after business.

13. JediCouncilMaster

Jun 23, 2005
    Taxi

Matthew saw as Ian came closer to him, this made him smile, but he tried to hide it. The taxi started to come off the freeway, heading down a ramp into the main streets. There was a sign that said: Leaving Auburn <-

"It's no problem. You deserve it anyways. You don't need anymore pain plaguing your life. It's time to start off new. Clean slate." Matthew smiled and kindly held Ian's arm and ran his hand through his smooth skin.

The taxi driver remained his focus on the road, Matthew could tell by his sighs and mutters that he was flustered. Matthew held Ian close and leaned his head against his. The cab driver then turned on the radio, a talk show coming on.

"Caller: I'm promoting my organization, Citizens Raging Against Phones.
    Host: Crap? Your organization is called CRAP? How many people are there in this crap?
    Caller: Citizens are raging against phones!
    Host: How many people?
    Caller: There are three of us. It's hard organizing meeting without the phone. We've had to resort to carrier pigeons and they keep disappearing.
    Host: Wait a minute, you want to stop people from using the phone? But you're calling up on a phone to tell the world about it!
    Caller: Auburn was great before phones ruined everything.
    Host: Auburn was a church, a cow pasture and three houses when the telephone was invented!
    Caller: Liar!
    Host: You're the liar!
    Caller: Liar liar, pants on fire!
    Host: What are you-are you-are you three years old?
    Caller: Lazlow's a liar! Lazlow's a liar! I bet that isn't even your real name!
    Host: Shut up!
    Caller: You shut up!
    Host: Stupid!
    Caller: Nany nany booboo, stick your head in doo-doo!
    Host: Eugh, we're going to commercials." Matthew laughed and listened to the talk show.

Matthew looked at Ian and never took his calming protective grip off of him.
    "Caller: These kids don't respect veterans, we fought for your freedom! When I came back from the Australian-American War, I didn't get a heroes welcome... I didn't get a pack on the back from my friends and neighbors saying 'thanks for fighting for our freedom!' After years of fighting in the trenches, I come back here and everyone's watching TV!
    Host: Now, can you tell me what this Australian-American war was... I never really heard of it!
    Caller: God, not another one! Have you read a history book lately son? The Australian-American war the was the biggest war since the big one! I tell ya, I didn't do two tours and take boomerang shrapnel in my head to come back here and have a bunch of hippies deny our history!
    [after Flashback FM plays a song called "She's on Fire"]
    Toni: Oh she's on fire! Luckily I've never have been... I've done a lot of crazy things, I can tell you that... but I've never been on fire... at least not to my knowledge.
    Host: Well Toni...
    Toni: Toni? How did you know my name was Toni? Are you tracing this call, because if you are, you're gonna become real intimately acquainted with- what your brains look like. My name ain't Toni, okay?!
    Host: Alright.
    Toni: But my mom she keeps goin, Toni, Toni be a real man stand up for yourself don't take no ****! But all I wanna do is to be a good son and show that she cares for me, show that she loves me, and you know, say I was a good kid but it seems like nothings ever good enough for her you know what I mean? What do I do?" Matthew laughed again.

The cab-driver switched the station, ugh, boring classical music. Beethoven. Mozart. Pachelbel. It was soothing, but it made Matthew want to lean his head against Ian's and fall sleep. They drove through familar streets, so Matthew remained awake. "Home." Matthew whispered.

14. LORDVIGILANCE

Jun 11, 2005

Taxi

"Thank you, Matthew. And your right, its time to start off new." Ian leaned back on Matthew as the numerous buildings waved in and out of view. Finally, the exit sign to the city appeared.

We're out of Auburn!

Each man sat motionless in the vehicle. The were both held against ech other tight, protecting one another from some dreaded enemy lurking in the shadows. Ian listend closely as the taxy driver switched between numerous stations then changing them just as fast.

Ian listened closely to Matthew's laugh. Their heads were laid together during the lapse of time the taxi driver left the station on a series of classical compositions. After a few moments of motionless sitting, Ian could feel Matthew shift beside him to look out the window. He heard the light whisper of home from Matt, but which one was home?

Which one of these houses would Ian cal home now for the rest of his life? Woudl he enjoy family dinners here? Christmas? Thanksgiving?

Ian smiled at the wonderful and peaceful thoughts running circles in his mind. There was so many changes occuring in his life. Some horrible. Others equally horrible. But this one...

...This one was perfect.

15. JediCouncilMaster

Jun 23, 2005
    Home

"Stop! This is the house!" Matthew said loud and quickly and studied the house. Memories began to pour in his mind. Old memories. The house was uniquely clean and new, apprently they've been living here since his childhood.

Matthew looked at Ian and smiled, "Let's go." The taxi driver unlatched the trunk and got out of the car. The two men did the same and took out their stuff from the trunk. Matthew slammed down the hood and looked at his house, it brought warm loving feelings into his heart. He looked at the tree to the side, the grass was a lush green. Nothing littered the ground.

"That'll be 25 dollars." The driver said sticking out his hand, his palm facing up. Matthew looked at him and exclaimed, "Oh. Hold on." Matthew fished his pockets for his wallet until he finally found it he paid the man at the right amount. "Thanks." The taxi driver said with a crooked grin and went back into his car and sped off.

"Here we go." Matthew said, placing his hand on Ian's back and slowly encouraging him to walk forward as he pulled his luggage. "Don't worry, my mom will love you. Prepare for your new life the moment you walk through that door." Matthew grinned and walked down the path surrounded by the lawn of grass.

Matthew went up the porch and knocked several times. He heard footsteps and the door opened, but there was another lining of mesh metal that somehow shielded the person's apperance. "Mom?" Matthew said with a shaky voice. "Matthew?" The person said back, sounding fairly old and female. The door opened and a short light brown haired woman stepped through.

"Oh, my baby. Matthew. I've missed you. So so much." Matthew had to lean down to hug his mother fully. His mom didn't want to let go, "I've missed you too. A lot." Matthew said with a slight tear. "And who's this strapping young man?" Matt's mom said, straighting up and eyeing Ian up and down.

"This is Ian Richards. Ian, meet Christina Rosetti. Christina, meet Ian." Matthew introduced them both. "Nice to meet you, Ian Richards," Christina gently let out her hand for a handshake, "Why don't you boys come inside. Let's not stay out here. It's getting dark soon." Christina urged.

They both went inside the house and closed the door behind them. They were greeted with a sweet smell of lavender. The house was almost like a museum, fulled with antiquites and stuff. Matthew set his stuff near the stairs and toured the house with Ian. Matthew saw a picture of his long-lost father. "My dad." Matthew said quietly as he thrusted a picture of his father dressed in an officer's uniform, Sailor in the Navy.

"Anything you boys want?" Christina called from the kitchen. "I'm good, but Ian can use a drink. We've experienced a lot today." Matthew said aloud and looked at Ian. "You ready to tell her?" Matthew whispered, slowly and politely shoving Ian against the wall of the hallway that linked the foyer to the main living room. "Everything will be fine. I promise you." Matthew said and kissed Ian's forehead and hugged him tight.

16. LORDVIGILANCE

Jun 11, 2005

Home

Ian walked quietly up to the porch steps with Matthew. In a few moments Ian Richards would meet his new mother...would meet the mother he never knew. Ian shuddered lightly as chills and goosebumps began to form on his arms and chest.

They walked to the door and awaited Matthew's mother to reveal herself. After a few knocks however, Ian and Matthew both heard light footsteps appraoching. Then...both of the doors opened to reveal a light brown headed woman who nearly broke down at the sight of her son.

After a few moments of intense hugging, Matthew introduced Ian to his mother. Ian extended his hand in a light handshake, "Thank you, Mrs. Rosetti. I appreciate your hospitality."

They all walked into the house. Ian's nose was overwhelmed with the smell of...lavender? Ian thought it was lavender. He wasn't to keen on flower smells. Ian looked around and saw numerous antiques.

"Quite a collection..." Ian whispered as he looked outwards to the house.

Both young men walked throughout the house while Christina walked to the kitchen. They came upon a small picture of Matthew's father. He looked a lot like Matthew did now. Ian smiled then looked at his friend nervously. He heard Christina yell from the kitchen asking if either of the men needed a drink.

"A water is fine. If its not too much trouble. I don't want to put you out, Mrs. Rosetti." Ian yelled quietly back.

Ian began to walk ahead when Matthew asked him a question, "Yeah. I...I uh...think so." They continued to walke to the living room when Matthew pushed Ian up against a nearby wall. Ian looked deep into Matthew's eyes then leaned up to kiss his forehead. Ian closed his eyes tight and embbraced Matthew as well. They held each other tight and refused to let go of each other.

"I..I love you, Matthew." Ian said nervously.

17. JediCouncilMaster

Jun 23, 2005
    Home

"I know you do, Ian. I have known from the very beginning." Matthew said quietly and heard approaching footsteps about to arrive. Matthew quickly let go of Ian and looked at his mom who held two glasses of water. "Here, guys." Christina said with a faint smile and handed Matthew aIan a drink.

"Oh, don't worry, Ian. I'm all right." Christina said and was about to leave when Ian didn't allow her to. "Mom." Matthew called stepping forward. Christina stooped in her tracks and turned around.

"Ian doesn't have a family. I mean, he doesn't know his parents. No one is even sure they're alive. His brother turned evil, and is now an enemy of the country. You've watched the news right? Now Ian is all alone, and since I've met him he and I developed a bond. A strong loving caring bond. Can he join us? Can be be a Rosetti too?" Matthew said, his eyes watering.

Christina held her son's hand and frowned after hearing the sad story. She kept her eyes on Ian then drifted back on her son. "I'm sorry to hear that. He's more than welcome to join us, we're loving and caring after all. I'll take care of it. All right? There's nothing to worry about. You guys stay here, get to your rooms. I'll be heading to town to fix this mess up, and then we can celebrate." Christina said smiling and then hugging Ian.

Matthew smiled and took a sip of his water, "Thank you mom for understanding." Christina smiled back, "No one deserves to be left behind." Christina waved them off and grabbed the car keys from the counter and left the house. Matthew watched his mom go, he then gazed at Ian. The sun was setting, its rays casting a beautiful gold purple mix.

"My room is upstairs. Yours will be across the hall." Matthew led Ian upstairs and carried his stuff. The house was just like what it was in Matthew's memories. It was heart-warming. Matthew led Ian to his room and showed him around. The bed was neat though, not messy. When they both entered Matthew's room a fresh scent tickled their nose.

There were posters of sports cars, women in bikinis, and famous known actors male and female alike. The bed was awefully large especially for Matthew's size...quaint. There were also a stack of magazines near his bed and dresser, playboy magazines, pornographic ones, car magazines, and military ones. Matthew laughed as he looked around his bedroom, "Oh. Sorry. Anyways. Your bedroom." Matthew closed the door and led Ian to a room across the hall.

The room was about the same size as Matthew's, it was welcome. Neat and a perfect place to sleep. "Well, make yourself at home." Matthew said smiling and patting Ian on the back. "I'm gonna change into something loose. On the meantime just tell me if you need anything. If I don't answer, I ]may be asleep. So I apologize if I do so."

18. LORDVIGILANCE

Jun 11, 2005

Home

After a few moments of hugging, Ian and Matthew left Christina to go upstairs. The two men had both heard the slam of the door and Matthew's mother was no doubt leaving to gather the necesary paperwork to finalize their request.

Both men were walking up the stairs. The creaking was expected out of a warm family house. This place has memories. It has a history. Unlike Ian. Ian Richards had no history. However, things now would be different. This family would bond together unlike no other. They would love each other and support each other in times of stress.

Ian followed loosely behind Matthew and watched as he opened the door to his bedroom. There was a distinctive smell. It smelled...well...nothing like Ian had ever smelt. He just couldn't but a finger on it.

He looked around examining every crevice and nitch in Matthew's bedroom. The posters hanging on the wall were of numerous superstars and women. There were several...suggestive magazines near his bed. Ian chuckled as he saw Matthew's face blush.

He closed the door swiftly.

After a few seconds, Matthew led Ian to his own bedroom. Sharing many of the similar qualities. Quaint.

"It's perfect, Matthew. And thank you. If I do need anything I'll call you. But get some rest." Matthew stood for a few moments before he winked and turned to his own bedroom. When he reached the door he gave a wave the closed it. Ian looked for a moment at the closed barrier then did the same to his own door.

He looked around at his surroundings then crawled onto the bed. He lay face up looking at the ceiling.

"Thank you, God."

19. JediCouncilMaster

Jun 23, 2005
    IC: Matthew Rosetti / Janus Hallucination (Seen and heard by Matthew himself)
    Home - Bedroom

The sun was setting, quite rapidly over time. Matthew sat back against his bed and watched some T.V. Relaxing. His mother hadn't arrived yet for the past hour or so. The T.V carried some static rain oddly, the channels started to get interfered. "Damn T.V. Mom probably didn't even bother to fix the wiring." Matthew got out of bed and slammed the back of the T.V.

The static wouldn't go away. "What the hell's the matter with this thing?" Matthew bent over the T.V and tried to tighten the wiring. A cold chill entered the room and made its way up Matthew's back. He shivered and ignored fixing the television screen. Suddenly it returned back to normal, "Hey. What do you know? I have the magic touch." Matthew smirked and interlaced his fingers behind his head and rested against his pillow.

Then the screen turned black, "Not again." Then a live picture of what appeared to be Nick Richards, or Janus, sitting down at a lounge chair. The background was white, pure white. And Janus wore nothing but black. Pure black.

"Matthew. Hello. I know you're watching this at this moment. What's wrong? Don't believe it? Difficult to understand? Good. Because you'll suffer. You'll pay for what you have done. For stealing the only family I have. You cold-hearted thief." Matthew stood up and headed for the door, but when he tried to turn the knob, it wouldn't budge. Matthew tried to kick at the door, but oddly no impacted noise was made. That was weird.

"Aww...don't leave. Things are just getting good." Janus' voice had transferred itself from the television into a real live person. His figure appeared in the middle of the room, he rose a hand up and gripped Matthew with some power. Matthew winced and held his neck and smartly followed.

"You were a fool to take my brother away. You were stupid. You were wrong. Imagine yourself in my position!!!" Janus watched as Matthew fell to his knees and cough. "You deserve to die, you all deserve to die. Blood runs ice cold. Cold it will stop life in its tracks. You took my brother away...you just don't know how many times I have been thinking about him. How much I've missed him. How much I've missed his...presence." Janus released his grip on Matthew.

The lights started to flicker. Janus and Matthew remained still and watched as the room around them began to spin around and around like it was a portal. Mixed colors of black, blue, purple, and red stained the background.

"Look. Look into the eyes of fate. Look into the past." Janus whispered. They were in a room, looked familar. It was the Water Treatment Plant. Janus and Matthew saw themselves in this situation, they saw Ian's tears, the corpses of ATC, the fresh blood spilt on the floor. Paxton 'shot' Nick at point blank range. Matthew heard himself speak and shoot, soldiers from both sides going down.

Then time seemed to speed up as Janus and Matthew saw Paxton having an argument with Nick. Then there came out the specter, a ghost merged itself in Nick's body. He convulsed in pain and flailed around on the ground. Nick's body changed, half evil looking and half good. Janus. His albino features stung both their hearts. Then the room swirled around again, the graveyard. The cell.

Everything went back to normal, and Matthew found himself out of breath.

20. LORDVIGILANCE

Jun 11, 2005
    Home

Ian sat quietly on the soft bed situated against the far-most wall from the door. His breathing was slow and relaxed and his body was warm and peaceful. There was no war here. There was only peace. Paxton Fettel and Janus has no claim here. This was a household filled with love and compassion.

"Oh, Nick. Why did you have to leave? Why did you have to betray us all? To betray me?" Ian said in the warm sunlight that shone through the room. Ian turned his head slightly and gazed out the small window. The color's swirling around in the mid-afternoon sky were hypnotic.

Purple, Orange, Red, Yellow, Pink...

So many color's swishing around in the sky. Everything was going as it should be. But there was always darkness. The brightest room has has the darkest shadows.

Ian sat up from the bed and looked around. He walked to his suitcase and pulled out a small olive green polo shirt. He slipped off the shirt he was wearing and threw it on the bag. Ian ran a warm hand across his chest, feeling every muscle that trembled beneath his hand. After a few moments, Ian slipped on the rather tight shirt, reached for the doorknob, and opened the door.

He walked to the hallway and proceeded to travel down the stairs. He din't hear any noises coming from Matt's room so he decided to bypass it.

"He's probably asleep." Ian said quietly to himself.

21. JediCouncilMaster

Jun 23, 2005
    Home - Bedroom

Matthew felt hurt inside from what Nick had said. Was Matthew really a cold-hearted thief? That he took away Nick's only brother...only family? Was it the right thing to do? Matthew didn't even know anymore. He was being pulled from both sides. Matthew dimmed the lights in his room to relax his eyes.

He climbed back in bed and pulled the blankets over him. He tried to sleep, but he didn't want to close his eyes. Because he felt like he was being watched, although he didn't see anything. Matthew looked at the large empty space beside his bed. He rubbed his hand over the pillow and thought about when his mother would return. If the necessary paperwork had allowed Ian to be his now legal bretheren.

"Will this war ever end?" Matthew whispered to himself and looked up at the ceiling.

22. ticopuma

ticopuma Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 2, 2005
    IC: Nate Jones
    Captains Office

As Nate entered the the Captains office, the smell of feshly brewed cofee allerted his senses. The room was fairly neat, with lots of papers and folders stacked on top of one another.

"Ah, you must be Nate Jones. Nice to meet you, I'm Thomas Fuller." said the Captain, standing up and offering a handshake. Nate accepted the the handshake and sat down, trying to keep quiet for he knew if he said to much it wouldnt be good. The gaurds had put him in a rather..unpleasent mood.

"May I see your papers...dude?" said the Captain with a nervous smile upon his face. Nate looked at him odd, thinking that the captain was trying way to hard to be cool.

"Sure..'dude." said Nate, giving off a faint giggle. He handed the captain the folders, with several packets inside.

"Oh, sorry for my rudeness. Would you like anything? Coffee? Water? Juice? Anything?" Asked the captain as he looked through the papers.

"No, sir, Im good." said Nate, looking of somewhere else.

TAG: Captain Fuller

23. JediCouncilMaster

Jun 23, 2005
    IC: Captain Thomas Fuller
    Personal Office

The Captain reluctantly took Nate's personal dossier and began to open the rather thick document. "Yeah...right. You'd probably be desperate enough to have some female strippers marching in right now." Thomas joked.

He read through and nodded, "You'll like it here. You'll have friends in no time. This will be your new home, unless you don't feel comfortable staying here and I'm sure we'll come through some sort of an agreement." The Captain closed the file and set it on his desk.

"By the way, the country is at war. And the President is afraid to make a move. Who knows, maybe America's democracy will sink and a new type of governent will be made. Communism? No. It's impossible. Fasicsm? Unbelievable." The Captain didn't want to bore his new recruit too much.

"Sorry for getting carried away. Let me tour you around the compound. Then we can get to the dirty stuff." Thomas stood up and motioned Nate to follow. Once outside, the bright sun greeted them. "So. As we all know. This is the Main Office. Main staff and all. And across here..." The Captain and Nate walked into the middle of the courtyard.

"This is the Officer's Quarters." Where some of our highly ranked men stay. The Captain showed Nate the impressive building size and look. "Across is the Soldier's quarters. Recruits, just like you, stay there. You'll get to meet new people. The women's quarters are located at another area."

The Captain and Nate walked around again, minutes had passed. "This is the Mess Hall." Thomas pointed at the large one story building with soldiers walking to and fro into the area. "Across is the Briefing room, where we will later go to supply you with information. Then there's the Gym a.k.a Practice Hall. Ammunitions Department. Storage Warehouses. Infirmary." The buildings were all seen and one didn't seem like they would get lost easily. "Any questions?" The Captain asked, a faint smile on his face.
    ~TAG: Pvt. Nate Jones

24. LORDVIGILANCE

Jun 11, 2005

Home

Ian walked carefully down the stairs. Matthew was possibly still asleep and he didn't want to wake him up after such a stressful day. Ian continued to walk and as he did he noticed pictures of family relatives and friends hanging side by side.

"Its nice to have a family. I guess when you don't have one...you don't have one to miss though." Ian said as he stopped on a picture of Matthew and his mother. They looked happy together. The photograph must have been taken when Matthew was around sixteen. He looked the same. Sure, some features had matured but there was still the cocky gleam in his eyes that was still there today. Ian chuckled and nearly shed a tear.

He was trying to support himself like a man should, but it was becoming to hard sometimes. It was as if Janus was slowly choking the life out of him. Slowly eating away at his soul. After a moment of these thoughts entering without a barrier, Ian finally flushed them out of his thoughts and walked down the rest of the flight of stairs.

Ian walked to the door and unlocked it. He pulled back and opened the door and let the cool air wash against his skin.

"Refreshing."

Ian walked onto the green grass shimmering emerald in the breeze and sat down in it. The smells of a neighborhood flew into his senses. Ian breathed in heavily and finally lay back onto the grass fully and placed his hands behind his head. He looked up into the sky.

25. JediCouncilMaster

Jun 23, 2005
    IC: Nick Richards Hallucination (Seen and heard by Ian only)
    Front yard

"Peaceful isn't it?" A figure of Nick, well in 'redeemed' form appeared next to a large tree to the side of the house. Nick was leaning up against it, with his arms crossed. "You finally have a person to love? To hold. To keep. I guess I'm not that important to you anymore." Nick said, a frown appearing on his face.

Nick looked more nicer, more...normal here. He didn't look like Janus, not at all. He was dressed in the same black tactical uniform. He stepped away from the tree and slowly walked towards Ian, who was laying on the grass, his fingers interlaced together behind his head, looking up into the sky.

"I think of you everyday, Ian. Everyday. Sometimes I say to myself that I made the wrong decision, but there is no way that I'm coming back. I love you with all my heart, no one else can reach that level of careness. Why? Because I'm family. The only family you ever had. Now you want to replace me with some...guy? Ian...I thought we were going to stay family and always be one no matter what. It hurts my heart feeling the only family I have is taken away from me, now I'm all alone. With no one to love, no one to hold, no one to...to care for." Nick said and kneeled in the grass.

"Ian...come here. Let me hold you. Let's be family again, the way it's supposed to be. Come, there's nothing to be afraid of. It's me. I'm your brother. What's there to fear?" Nick said extending his arms out for a hug. But can this...figure...this image..hallucination be trusted? Is it another one of those mind games by Paxton Fettel? Deep down, Ian knew what Nick was saying was right. Is there any love? Any care?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.