main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Faces in the Passageway (a strange Vader/Ami fic) Still in Progress, Believe it or Not;-)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Meredith_B_Mallory, Oct 29, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarkLady27

DarkLady27 Jedi Master star 4

Jul 26, 2000
    Happy 100th post! :D

2. Ashamaphone

Ashamaphone Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 27, 2001
    K. I don't even want to think about what page this is on right now. :eek:

3. Meredith_B_Mallory

Meredith_B_Mallory Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 6, 2001
    My darling uping angels strike again!

Wow... DarkLady27, a hundred posts. :D I'm so happy! Thanks for leaving the kind post on FF.Net.

Ashamaphone- hope all is going well for you, doll. Thanks for upping!

I'm not dead, I swear... Darth RL has been vicious lately, though. I'm hoping to update all my fics over the holidays! (Not that I actually *have* a holiday, but you know..) I hope people are still interested!

~Meredith

4. StarBlazer

StarBlazer Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 2, 2001
    Abandon this fic! [face_shocked] Never! This is one of my favs! ;)

*SB*

5. Darth_Fruitcake

Darth_Fruitcake Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 18, 2001
    POST MORE!!! :D

6. StarBlazer

Dec 2, 2001
    It's Friday... ;)

*SB*

7. Meredith_B_Mallory

Oct 6, 2001
    ... and now it's Saturday. *sheepish* I'm sorry I'm late, but I ended up attending my nieces' school play. Let me tell you, the chorus of "Oooooklahoma!" is hardly inspirational. ;)

Anyway, I won't gab much. I just want to say that I'm a little uncertain of this part-- I'm afraid it's too melodramatic, or just a re-hash of what happened earlier, but I need it to set things up. Please let me know what you think! *pleading look*

-Meredith

to the tune of "Oklahoma";
    "Oooooooh feedback,
    makes a writer jump and jump for joy.
    It's such a treat,
    It can't be beat,
    It makes me write stupid songs as a ploy!
    Oooooooh feedback,
    Is my one earthly desire.
    At least the only one,
    I'll admit in this pun,
    So please give feedback to this little spit-fire!"

That song is stuck in my head. :_|

"And a thousand drops of rain,
    wash down the drain.
    Isn't life the same, in a way?"
    -Another Gray Day in the Big Blue World

============================================

Hisae squeezed Yalith's hand, feeling the tiny tapering fingers and the chill that seemed to come from the little bones themselves, then let go. The pearl metallic door of Yalith's apartment reflected their forms in shimmering tones of white, making them look like ghosts wandered in from a windy country side. Nearby, they could see a patch of cold stars though the round corridor window-- it seemed as though night had followed them home.
    "Well..." Hisae began, moving her hands because she didn't know what to do them. Her body protested the movement; exhaustion had curled sleepily in her veins, and she wondered why it had taken them so long to get home. It came to her that, perhaps, they'd had a longer way to go than it seemed.
    "It's alright, Hisae," Yalith didn't turn, simply stood with eyes like a doll's; glass marbles that had seen too much and nothing at all. "I can make t through the door. I'm not that bad off yet."
    "I didn't mean it like that," the black-haired girl protested, watching Yalith's finger come up to rest against the pass key panel.
    "I know," the other girl said as the door slid open. "Oh," she shrugged out of the violet fabric resting against her shoulders, "your coat. Thanks for letting me borrow it."
    "You're welcome." They stood in the threshold now, half and half, before Hisae started down he hall towards the lift. "Say..." she turned, holding the jacket against her chest as though it was her only connection with her friend. "Call me when you're..." the words weighed against her tongue, sweet and sour, "when you're Yalith again, okay?" There wasn't any other way to put it.
    "I will," the once familiar face smiled, and then vanished, until all Hisae could see was her own ghostly face.

-----------------

"Yalith Minborne," whispered Yalith harshly, pausing after wards with her mouth open like she could breathe the sounds right back in. "Yalith Minborne," she said again, because she needed so desperately to make sure she didn't forget. Mirrors are the enemy of man; you look in them and they show you everything on the surface and make you think 'f I wasn't here, where would I be...?' Now Yalith pressed her cheek against the cool polished looking-glass in the entrance hall and tried to grab for the disconcerting 'who am I?'. At least then, there was a specific 'I', something solid, even if it wasn't easy to define. Her breath spread like waves of an ocean, obscuring the mirror until she felt herself pouring out of her body with it. Her hands came up to the wall, pushed violently so that she stumbled with her arms moving like a gawky baby bird.
    "Yalith?" Hanip's voice, incarnation of the word 'matron' and everything it sounded like.
    "I'm fine," she lied, so used to it that she didn't even feel guilty. She pushed past the nurse, not wanting the sleeping pills or the sedation syringes or the breathing apparatus that always seemed to sprout from the older woman's hands. Her touched off the wall in the kitchen, then curled around the knob of the refrigeration unit as she grabbed i

8. DarkLady27

DarkLady27 Jedi Master star 4

Jul 26, 2000
    Oh omy :eek: That was vivid THE EWOKS!!! :_|

OK *hyperventilates* at least it ain't squirrels *eye twitches*

*shouts* has anyone seen Palpy lately? I need some electrocution here! (shock treatment)

*sighs when she sees no contenders* Ah well [face_plain]

That was very eye-widening drama there, merl :eek: It was awesome :D

Thank you so much for updating! :D

More soon, please? :D

9. Meredith_B_Mallory

Oct 6, 2001
    *shies away from the Ewoks*

It' a disturbing image, isn't it, DarkLady ;) Thanks for the feedback! I hope this part wasn't too bad... oyish... it'll get better, I promise! :D

~Meredith

10. StarBlazer

Dec 2, 2001
    No no, not bad at all! I loved how you described Yalith's reaction to all this, and her flashbacks. I hope she'll be ok! You do not know how much I love this story! I'm waiting for another postie already! 8-}

*SB*

11. Meredith_B_Mallory

Oct 6, 2001
    StarBlazer- Thanks so much for the reassurence! [face_smile] I actually have at least two more pages to this, but I have to write a scene connecting them. [face_shocked] This is what I get for writing things out of order... ;)

Now, UP I say!
    -Meredith

12. Ashamaphone

Jan 27, 2001
    *wails* my comp has been in a coma for several days and has been giving me a hard time ALL day! When I finally got it going 'a fatal error has occured in Kernal 32' blah, blah, blah :mad: Think I have a virus. Something's messed up anyways :( Anyhoo, hopefully this will let me post--read it a few hours ago but the thing froze before I could reply :mad: :mad: so alas...I LOVED IT!! [face_love] It was an awesome postie! Loved the detail! That poor girl! That would be a horrible experience. Can't wait for another delectable postie--as usual! [face_blush]

13. Meredith_B_Mallory

Oct 6, 2001
    *glares at Ashamaphone's comp* You behave for her, you hear? ;)

Thanks for posting feedback despite the tenchnical dificulties, Ash! *piles chocolate Anakins on Ash*

~Meredith

14. Chaos_Rose

Chaos_Rose Jedi Youngling star 3

May 12, 2002
    Hello, new reader here.

Begging, pleading, bribery-enabled reader here.

I am really enjoying this story and your characterizations are fantastic!

More, please?

Chaos_Rose

15. Chaos_Rose

May 12, 2002
    Helloooo? Post soon?

Up!

16. StarBlazer

Dec 2, 2001
    Yes Meredith, postie soon? ;) [face_love]

*SB*

17. Chaos_Rose

May 12, 2002
    Bumping it because I'm just that way.

18. Darth_Fruitcake

Darth_Fruitcake Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 18, 2001
    EEEEEEEEEE! YAY!!! A POST!!!!!! *does the Fruity Jig of Joy*

And a good one, to boot. ;)

MORE! :D

19. Meredith_B_Mallory

Oct 6, 2001
    *bounces in* Guess what post this is? Go on, guess! :D 'Tis the meeting post, it is.

*deflates* Actually, I'm horribly afraid this sucks, so please, please let me know what you think. I really hope this lves up to expectations.

And... Chaos_Rose-- you owe me Godiva. ;) StarBlazer, I hope you enjoy! As do I hope you do, Oh Master Mine.

~Meredith

Ps. The 'chant' is actually a poem by the ever-talented Dorothy Parker. The title is 'The Satin Dress'.

[to the tune of 'Little Miss Muffit']

Meredith sat down on her thread,
    hoping for some feedback,
    a long came Darth Vader,
    he very much scared her,
    and sent Meredith off in a flash.

Yalith woke several times, always in different places, and always with the strange, liquid sleep curling in her mind. Once, she was kneeling, a ripe apple of a woman, holding the muscles in her legs until she thought they would fray and break. 'You can do it', someone kept saying, someone who's pale eyes were no match for His blue, someone she respected but no longer trusted, someone who's hands would take away what she what he body released into the world on wings of blood. Later, she knew, she would fight him; her hands would be crawls, fighting those that held her down while his large ones bore a precious half away.
    'He loves you,' she knew he would say it, felt the words ringing in her ears. She was an iron maiden inside those words, pricked again and again. The man, the once trusted now-stranger looked at her with eyes that said all his mouth wouldn't; that he found her suspicious, strange, that any love she'd inspired had been her own fault. She would strike him across the face, draw blood with his nails, and tell him no one could count all the blame.

She woke again, with a hand trailing down her side, tracing, and warmth at her side. Because she was crying, standing outside the bed as well as laying in it, she didn't hear what He said, but it lodged in cradle of her hips anyway.
    'You're body isn't made of lines-- it's something different entirely,' and then, tying arms about her that almost hurt, 'Padme. I love you." With His lips in her hair, on the fine china spread of her ribcage, in so many places at once, 'I love you so much I can't breathe.'

Yalith bent upwards, her body arching like a delicate bow. There was an arrow pierced through her, she could feel it her heart and lungs, the two pressed together, could taste the silver on her tongue. Crying out, she begged to them all, her nurses and the thief and the one that she couldn't stop loving; I have been pierced through, I am dying and I'm already dead, help me. There was darkness for a while, and after that a place where it was cold and He persued her with his breathing hissing at her heels.

Her body protested when her soul finally lay still within it, and she once more remembered her mother's words; cut your skin open and your spirit bleeds out. It was wonderful to feel her body, her slim solid hands, the cold in her feet. She bit her lip and anchored herself.
    "Nurse--," her voice was soft, she did not care which one came to her aid. A weathered hand cupped her own, pressed cylinders into her palm as though they were garnets. A voice said-- well, she really didn't hear it-- that she should take them, that they would lead her to sleep. Now the whispering of skirts, like the voices in the morgues when the living are away, and Yalith lay feeling her limbs, waiting. Lifting her fingers, then her hand, then the length of her arm, she stretched them speculatively, turning them over in the dim light from the city. Now her spine- roused like a serpent, the sirens of the deep- her legs over the side of the bed. There was no fear in her; she knew she was the same girl who had slipped like a dead flower petal between the cracks of consciousness. There were things she knew and had no words for; how raw she had once made her throat trying to find sounds for it! Looking to the shadows, sh

20. StarBlazer

Dec 2, 2001
    Force! That last line... :) It was like I was watching their meeting in the same room, and I was spellbound! I don't even have the words to describe how good this was, all I can say, is MORE SOON! :D

*SB*

21. scifigalaxy

scifigalaxy Jedi Youngling

Jan 28, 2002
    Oh, wow. Although I love all your stories, this has been one of my favorites, and this post was great--the flow and complexity of your language weaves such a vivid picture that really brings out the essence of your characters.

Now for the obligatory "please post again soon". I can't wait to see what their first converations is going to be like!

22. Chaos_Rose

May 12, 2002
    < uploads vast quanitities of Godiva chocolate ice cream w/bittersweet chocolate hearts >

Wow.

Oh, wow.

Meredith, that was superb! Haunting and vivid that the same time, I felt as if I could actually see what was happening!

I will now enter the obligatory begging phase of the post.

More, and soon. Pretty please with little bittersweet chocolate Anakins on top?

Up!

23. StarBlazer

Dec 2, 2001
    UP! :)

*SB*

24. Ashamaphone

Jan 27, 2001
    *wails uncontrollably* You stop it there?? You STOPPED it there?!?!?! I literally yelled when I scrolled down expecting more delicious postie to feed on when -- lo and behold! -- my shocked and dismayed eyes discovered something to their complete and utter horror...

No more postie! :(

Torturing your readers again I see. But than again I should have known better... [face_devil] , ;) , :p

This is a plot! A conspiracy! Your way of making sure we keep crawling back, begging for more(but don't ya know we'd do that anyway?! Silly Meredith! :p ) See? I have pierced through your sinister ploy and have exposed your sithly ( ;) )plans to the world! Mwahahahaha!! [face_devil]

Loved it btw... ;)

25. Jedi Skysong

Jedi Skysong Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 19, 1999
    AAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRGH!!!!!!

You ended it THERE?!!!! How could ya end it there?!!!! :(

Anyways, I am rescuing this fic from the depths and bring it uuuuuuuppp!

Please, Meredith, have mercy on us and POST!!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.