main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Read, PA Fan Film for Central PA

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by EighteenDelta, Mar 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediSoccerDad

JediSoccerDad Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 12, 2004
    Chris,

Feel free to start posting some 'teasers' on the storyline that we talked about on here :D

Also, if you want to start asking ppl to work on specific things, this might be a good place to specify it on. o_O

2. EighteenDelta

EighteenDelta Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 22, 2007
    The first story idea that we are exploring for the potential FanFilm centers around a rogue jedi who has left the Jedi Order (in fact left the council) and his Padawan.

The Padawan is on a planet not a part of the republic and is too old to be accepted by the Jedi order. He would never have received training from them for these reasons, though he wishes to eventually join the order on coruscant anyways. The Master Jedi and the padawan train and assist the local population...

I am intentionally leaving out most details at this point, but will start adding something everyday, or at least that's my goal.

-x

3. Pugglethelesser

Pugglethelesser Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 13, 2006
    Sounds very cool, I like it already.

4. EighteenDelta

Mar 22, 2007
    Additional updates...

The master Jedi is going to be blind(from birth not accidental blinding later in life) The audience shouldn't realize at first he is blind, He should be in tune with the force and carry himself in a manner that doesn't betray his blindness. I don't want it to be a story about a blind jedi, he just happens to be blind. This Jedi master was originally rejected for training by the jedi order himself, seeing his blindness as a defect. That's part of his motivation for going rogue and training this undesirable candidate...

more to follow

-x

5. Pugglethelesser

Jul 13, 2006
    Wow, the story just keeps getting better. I'm giddy with excitement, giddy I say.
    Yes, I know I'm odd but, I have to be myself, because nobody else wants to.

6. EighteenDelta

Mar 22, 2007
    Another element that I want to work into the costuming and everything else is that these people are on a fairly primitive planet, they are dirty and grimy. I am sick to death of pristine, clean, sanitized, prim jedi. I think one of the better aspects of the first movie (episode IV) was that Old Ben was a 'crazy old wizard' who lived in a shack and was humble as a true warrior should be. I hope the Martial artist in the group appreciate this aspect. I will start posting some of the selected quotes I have already written soon. There are a lot of scenes I have already written out that are telling of our characters...

-x

7. Pugglethelesser

Jul 13, 2006
    Well not to be a Star Wars snob but, I think the reason for the " Pristine " jedi of the pre-quels was to show the galaxy at it's high point, before Sidious was emperor and things had basically gone in the crapper.

8. EighteenDelta

Mar 22, 2007
    The story, if I haven't already mentioned it, take place mostly on an agro-planet. Far from the core worlds, lawlessness is the rule. The people of this planet are a mixed species group, but the two main characters are human, I think it's easier for an audience to immerse themselves or sympathize. I know I personally have a hard time knowing if 'human' behaviors are right or wrong for a lot of alien species. So I think it's simply best to avoid in this case, the second story has different rules so this aspect won't apply. Mostly I want this story to be about the connection between a jedi and padawan and the hardship of training. (doing flips and training lightsabers and levitating rocks and meditating only gets an audience minorly immersed) I think a lot of people, myself included, had a hard time understanding or believing the sudden and extreme change in Anikin in episode III when he gives himself to the darkside. Without reading all the written material out there and understanding how immersed in the darkside he already was can you really start to see it. So I hope to explore that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.