main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

(fan)film maker seeking desperate help with costumes fro his movie

Discussion in 'Costuming and Props' started by Darth_Trayolphia, Jul 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Trayolphia

Darth_Trayolphia Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 17, 2007
    after browsing through several pages of the forums available here, i figured i'd just star my own and pray that someone out there reads it and helps me and my mates out.

we're making a star wars fan film, and we've been having a great deal of difficulty finding even marginally authentic "IMPERIAL OFFICER" uniforms (olive drab from original trilogy)

is there anyone out there who has patterns they have used to make authentic looking imp officer uniforms.

seriously, we are desperate for any help available.

while i'm here, i should mention that whilst we have found the required obi-wan and anakin robes, they don't come with boots.

anyone have any ideas on where we can get similar boots or (GULP) make them

a huge pre-emptive thanks to all who respond

darth trayolphia

2. BrieKalan

BrieKalan Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 26, 2006
    Jedi boots are equistrian riding boots. You can often find them at any tack store, website etc. Definitely try Ebay. You may have to do modifications yourself, but you can easily obtain the basic boot.

For imperial officer patterns, try the 501st www.501st.com and look for the garrison in your area. You'll be able to find lots of folks who've made the officer outfit, and resources. I can tell you that the pants are usually jodhpuhr style (depending on which episode), generally made of light wool, (suiting is a good replacement for wool). The top is a military style jacket patterned on a civil war costume.

Hope that helps.

3. HowardFilms

HowardFilms Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 18, 2005
    Look at these:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Star-Wars-Imperial-Officer-Uniform-costume-set-L-Black_W0QQitemZ160134705167QQihZ006QQcategoryZ37880QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.com/Star-Wars-Imperial-Officer-Uniform-costume-set-L-Grey_W0QQitemZ160103496205QQihZ006QQcategoryZ37880QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

4. Jauhzmynn

Jauhzmynn Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 16, 2002
    Heavy modificaitions to the cival war jacket. maybe darts in the right places for femals and lined (tunic and pants).

I'd make you Imp oficer unis if I could find the right materials, but haven't ben able to track the right feeling stuff.

5. Darth_Trayolphia

Jun 17, 2007
    i've received a PM containing a link for someones own site who is a member of something called the 501st...whateverr that is, anyway, this person said she could help me make them, but it would be at least a year before her schedule would allow it due to other commitments.

to those who hav eresponded so far, thanks, and i'll continue to investigate any leads you give me, i'll also keep checking for responses cos alot can happen between now and when this other person is free to help, so i might be informed of something better. thanks all

6. bassclarinets

bassclarinets Jedi Youngling

Jan 18, 2006
    the 501st - http://www.501st.com

you may wish to go to their detachment for Imperial officers - you can get there from the 501st main site - find the detachments listings for more information

Jen

7. Darth_Trayolphia

Jun 17, 2007
    thanks so much for all the help.

in fact now that i have some info to go on, i figured i should give something back.

one of the people from the 501st legion sent me this link

i havent ordered anything from there yet, but from what i've seen...

at the same time, i noticed that all the places you have all told me of and even this place and seller of jedi robes on ebay do not have boots to go with their costumes...but the above site has a link ot a place that has very high quality boots identicle tothose in the films available

unfortuneately i don't have the exact address or i'd include the link, but it should be pretty easy to find.

thanks again to all those who gave me a helping hand through my search

oh, before i go, does anyone know where i can find a reasonable quality pic from the films of the imperial officer footwear?

the site i mentioned above has boots from a variety of star wars characters but none listed as ImpOfcr. the storyline indicates that hans boots are ImpOfcr but i'm not sure.

thanks again all

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.