main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

St. Lou, MO Fan Film Thread v2.0

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by VoijaRisa, Apr 18, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Dajuan

Jedi_Dajuan Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 30, 2002
    I can see it, but I can't delete it. I will send a message to Jurist though to do so.

2. Jedi_Commander_Faofa

Jedi_Commander_Faofa Jedi Master star 4

Mar 17, 2003
    That's true, VoijaRisa, we could have the "room" outside.

I was thinking maybe we could use Rotary Park in Wentzville (the Ren Faire site) for some of the outside settings. There is a creek for the scene where Rhyy falls into the creek. Also, there's lots of wooded area, and lots of grassy plains too (outside of the site). So, I'm still on the lookout for some settings! ;)

3. VoijaRisa

VoijaRisa Jedi Master star 5

Oct 12, 2002
    ...the scene where Rhyy falls into the creek

It's not a creek. It's a river overlooked by a cliff. I'm thinking a good 100-200 ft drop. I've seen a place along the Missouri that looked promising, but I'll have to go check it out more when I have the chance.

4. Jedi_Commander_Faofa

Mar 17, 2003
    Woah. OK, never mind. ;)

5. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    Jon didn't you see a place today that might work? Also the park JCF speaks of might be good. It has a nice look to it and little signs of civiliazation (sp?). Nice place over all.

6. VoijaRisa

Oct 12, 2002
    I'll have to see the site. If you have a digital camera with you sometime you're there, take a few.

And no Dajan, I didn't see any cliffs along the river. It was all banks.

7. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    That's right, I keep forgetting.

And if you'd bother to GO to Ren Faire, you could see it first hand!

8. Jedi_Commander_Faofa

Mar 17, 2003
    And if you'd bother to GO to Ren Faire, you could see it first hand!

Yeah, that would be a pretty good idea. Go enjoy yourself!! ;) :D

9. DarthShoey

DarthShoey Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 28, 2003
    I don't know if they are 100-200 ft drops, but there are a few spots along Jack's Fork and the Current Rivers that have excellent bluffs. They're down in and around Eminence, MO.

Nice thing about them down there is that they're right over the river. If someone happens to slip over the edge, they'll live to slip over the edge another day.

10. VoijaRisa

Oct 12, 2002
    I'm not planning on getting terribly close to the edge really. Just using a few camera tricks to make it look like we are, and then throwing a dummy off the cliff.

11. dudeman

dudeman Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 19, 2002
    ok good, cuz thats really high and me and heights dont do so well when mixed. but i can fly on planes with no problems...interesting...

12. DarthShoey

DarthShoey Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 28, 2003
    ooh, ohh Can I play the dummy?

13. Jedi_Commander_Faofa

Mar 17, 2003
    but i can fly on planes with no problems...interesting...

One of my dark secrets.. I have NEVER BEEN ON A PLANE. It's kind of sad. I love planes, my dad works for Boeing, the pilots of the Blue Angels are some of my role-models, and we go on vacations sometimes, but we always drive. I have never flown on a plane. I really want to though.

Anyways, off-topic. Sorry. ;)

VoijaRisa, I'm almost done choreographing the first fight scene, the practice one. I'll e-mail it to you when I am done with it. :)

14. VoijaRisa

Oct 12, 2002
    I've been toying with some stuff for the Skyrax/Callif fight and the Jaran/Lannic fight.

If you have some free time at some point we should get together and see what eachother has and meld it all together.

I also am almost finished with Skyrax's saber for the film. It's an all PVC one. The inner part is a metallic siler part. Outside that there is a black sort of vine-ish thing that looks like it's growing on it. It should look fantastic. Tomorrow, Dajuan and I are getting together and figuring out what we need for her saber. I've got one I'll probably use for my character. Still need to build Lannic (Randy) and Rhyy (Dudeman assuming his parents will let him do a bit of travelling) one.

15. Jedi_Commander_Faofa

Mar 17, 2003
    If you have some free time at some point we should get together and see what eachother has and meld it all together.

That would be cool. It would have to be in a few weeks though, when school is out and Faire is over. ;)

16. VoijaRisa

Oct 12, 2002
    I talked to the person how I was wanting to play our Sith. He's still interested. Just needs to know when we need him. So once we have all these props and costumes finished, I'll let him know.

17. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    Well we'll make a big step toward that this weekend. Though there are still a few people we will need to get costumed. How are the sabers coming btw?

18. VoijaRisa

Oct 12, 2002
    Still need to glue the Sith one together. Yours is coming along well. Made a bit of a mistake and one of the bumps came out to large. About 1/2 finished with carving it out. Then comes hours of sanding and painting. I'll have it all cut out for you tomorrow so you can decide how to paint it.

19. dudeman

dudeman Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 19, 2002
    everything is all cool with my folks since it would be during summer break. i just have to let you know that i do have a part-time job for the summer to pay for car insurance so that would be like 2-3 days a week MAX. so that shouldnt get in the way too much

20. VoijaRisa

Oct 12, 2002
    Dajuan's saber will be finished tonight. Then the only ones left will be a bit more of Skyrax's, and Jaran's.

Still need to figure out the rest of the locations.

21. Jedi_Commander_Faofa

Mar 17, 2003
    So, when does filming start?

A bunch of people have been asking me to choreograph their films, one group of my friends from Faire is doing a Zelda fan film, they want me to do the fights with them and help write the script a bit, and also, one of my friends from school wants me to work with him with his western he is making. So, my fanfilm I am trying to write is being pushed back. ;)

22. VoijaRisa

Oct 12, 2002
    I've pretty much given up on doing anything. I don't have the time to go scouting locations and apparently neither does anyone else. So I don't really care any more.

There might be something else smaller in the works though...

23. Jedi_Commander_Faofa

Mar 17, 2003
    Aw, you can't just give up now! We can do most of the pre-stuff during this summer, and then we can start filming next summer maybe.

24. VoijaRisa

Oct 12, 2002
    We can do most of the pre-stuff during this summer...

Great. You can be incharge of scouting locations. Go find some. Take pictures so everyone can see too.

25. Jedi_Commander_Faofa

Mar 17, 2003
    Hey, I'll try my best Voija. I was thinking about using some of the Ren Faire site (Rotary park in Wentzville), because there's some scenery there that might work. I have been looking at possible locations, but I am trying to find one that works very well with the script. It's kind of hard in suburbia, St. Peters/O'Fallon. I know of places where there is lots of open fields, but it's about a 3 hour drive from where I am. Sedalia. I have relatives there, we go up there every once in a while.

I will try my best to find areas where we can film. That cliff scene might work better though if we didn't need such a high cliff...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.