main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:VIC Fan film

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by whitedemon, Apr 6, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. whitedemon

whitedemon Jedi Youngling

Apr 6, 2010
    Hello all, I am in the process of making a fan film. It is a modernised version in which starwars does not exist but was once actually real, many many centuries in galaxys far far away. Now the jedi and sith are no more. But part of the technology has been discovered. The story tells about how earth deals with the new found 'force'. and the cycle of the jedi being split in two with dark jedi becoming is retold but in our not too distand future. I was woundering if there were any other people that would be interested in helping create it with me. At the moment Im not asking for you all to apear in the film in your outfits. Right now i would just like some help in the sence of creation. eg producers, cameramen/ woman, editors, modelmakers, artists for backdrop and char designs etc.
    Now in saying all that if I have put this in the wrong area or just plain are in the wrong forum I do appoligise. Perhaps someone could give me some more ideas of where to look for help in this aspect.
    thankyou for your time to read this

2. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    I would repost your request Here on the Oceania boards. Its for all the Oceania area and you may get more help there. Having said that, here are the forums where all movies etc are discussed. I expect you will find all the help and support you may need, from all over the world!

3. lordvaderFF

lordvaderFF Jedi Master star 4

Nov 29, 2000
    First question.....where are you located?

Having said that....

What do you have already? (camera, lights, costumes, SCRIPT)

What is your budget? (do you have a budget?)

4. whitedemon

whitedemon Jedi Youngling

Apr 6, 2010
    Im in greensborough. I have a general storyline atm. Im looking for people to assist in writing the actual script with me as my writing abilities are semi ok at best lol. Also Im looking for people to draw up some ideas of clothing, ships, planets, destroyed jedi temples etc as a base idea to form the story around. I have the ideas all in my head... but its no good if i cant get it down ya know :) Im only trying to get contacts of people who have skills in camerawork, booms editors currently as i forsee the full project(a full mini series of 10 small films, or 2-3 normal length films) taking at least a year to complete. I do not have a budget. Hopeing to keep that as minimal as possible as there will be no money made from a fan film. I am hoping for stawars fans to help for their love of the films and story. The only money that can be accepted is donations towards the making of the film. I hope to have most of the movies filmed in Victoria.. although if I need to fly around Australia a few times to make a difference in an awsome few scenes then that I shall do. I do want this film to be of high quality and will not release it unless it is up to the bets standard avalible; think Star Wars: Dark Resurrection type quility or better. If you have not seen this film I do highly recommend it. Any other questions please feel free to ask or send me an email at white_demon_@hotmail.com
    thanks for your time to read this.

5. lordvaderFF

lordvaderFF Jedi Master star 4

Nov 29, 2000
    Cool....so you're 10 minutes down the road from me....small world.

6. Dags

Dags Jedi Grand Master star 3

Dec 3, 2000
    Best of luck with this though your timing could've been better. If this was announced 6-10 years ago you would've had people coming out of the woodwork to help, but now a lot of the more experienced fan film makers have long since moved onto other things.

I do find it interesting that you don't have a budget, so you want to keep it cheap, but also want it to be the same quality level as Dark Resurrection. Ahhh I don't know if you are aware of this but that film cost 7,000 Euro ($10,000AUD) to make - as listed on their website.

With that in mind this guide to film making might help you get started.

[image=http://www.darren.maxwell.net/filmmaking.jpg]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.