main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Roch, NY Fan Film

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by JediAgent, Jun 22, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediAgent

JediAgent Jedi Youngling star 3

May 17, 2002
    Ok.... here's where you guys can post about the Fan Film if you want to help make one this summer. I think we should have several people draw up scripts for the film and then vote on which one we like the best. What do you all think?

--Ryan

2. STAR-WARS-FREAK-JPB

STAR-WARS-FREAK-JPB Jedi Master star 4

May 27, 2001
    Sounds like a good idea. I would love to be in such a project although I am not much of a writer and never really acted before. I would love to try though, maybe.

3. Otto_den_Ktulu

Otto_den_Ktulu North Ridge Event Coordinator star 5

Jan 19, 2002
    I can't write, I can somewhat act, and I can operate a camera pretty well, as well as edit things, add somewhat SFX, and good background music :D
    As far as the acting goes, I'm always game for having as many lines as Maul did in Episode I and just duel ;)
    Later days.

4. Mara-Jade-Skywalker

Mara-Jade-Skywalker Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 21, 2000
    maybe we could work out a draft at the meeting since I'm not sure exactly what we're planning doing. As much as I prefer attacking anything that moves with a lightsaber, I suppose I should have some lines as well. Since Chris, Kaitlyn, and I already have Sith robes, we could be evil Siths plotting to take over the Republic or something. ;) And Alison and Adri have Jedi robes, too. I'm not sure what other costumes and stuff everyone has, but we should use what we already have to create characters, etc...

5. Padawan_adri

Padawan_adri Jedi Knight star 5

Sep 14, 2001
    someone take notes for me please, II cant make it to the meeting

6. Otto_den_Ktulu

Jan 19, 2002
    I have a scary guy mask, I could wear that and look like some Sith demon. Or I could just wear blue on my face and look like a Chiss Dark Jedi :D I like that idea I think.

7. Padawan_adri

Sep 14, 2001
    I just got a Maul mask :), and saber :)

8. Mara-Jade-Skywalker

Aug 21, 2000
    Alison and I are planning on making lightsaber props this summer.. and I like Chris's Chiss idea. ;) I could paint my face like Darth Maul's, too, since I did it for Haloween and I think we have some of the makeup left over. ;)

9. Otto_den_Ktulu

Jan 19, 2002
    Sweet! But I still think I wanna go Chiss. I don't really wanna put make up all over my face, so I guess I'll have to learn how to change skin tones using computer editing :D

10. BWD912zeta

BWD912zeta Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 26, 2002
    I'd be happy to help with the lightsaber props too if u need help, I made a saber already and am in the middle of a second.
    -John Kemnitz

11. Mara-Jade-Skywalker

Aug 21, 2000
    That's great, John! Alison and I have been planning on making lightsabers for a while, but we've never gotten around to it. ;)

12. jedi_lingster

jedi_lingster Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 2, 2001
    I could be some Republic diplomat or other Senator... Don't know who I really look like though.

13. Mara-Jade-Skywalker

Aug 21, 2000
    we can always make up characters. ;)

14. Robotech

Robotech Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 25, 2002
    I've got the two piece Vader helmet that is pretty cool.

15. Mara-Jade-Skywalker

Aug 21, 2000
    :eek:
    *Jedi mind trick* You will be Vader.
    :p ;)

16. Otto_den_Ktulu

Jan 19, 2002
  17. Padawan_adri

Sep 14, 2001
    chris go to the Romance thread that wants toi talk to you ;)

18. BWD912zeta

Apr 26, 2002
    yeah i got that helmet in florida it's awesome! i'm 14 if u need like a padawan or somtin
    -John Kemnitz

19. Otto_den_Ktulu

Jan 19, 2002
    Mwuaahahahahaha!! I Padawan Sith. Sounds good to me. [face_devil]

20. TheEmperorsHand

TheEmperorsHand Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 27, 2000
    Ooh! I want in on this ;)

so, so far we have Vader, a diplomat, 3 sith, 2 jedi and a random assortment of people... I like it ;)
    I want to be a writer and I'm not awful at it or anything I've just never tried writing a script together... I think the people who write it should all sit together for a while and throw around ideas before writing it all together... combined effort, you know?

21. BWD912zeta

Apr 26, 2002
    well i be jedi padawan, sith apprentice whereever I'm needed.
    -John Kemnitz

22. STAR-WARS-FREAK-JPB

STAR-WARS-FREAK-JPB Jedi Master star 4

May 27, 2001
    One thing that I think we definitely should do is make up characters. I think that it would be a lot cooler that way then using already established ones. Also I think, unless we have a bunch of people that have already done this before, for our first project we should start out small and experiment a lot so we get used tot he camera and trying to look like we can act. Of course the main thing is to have fun. We will talk at the meeting of course. Hopefully Dean will be able to be involved in this since he shoots the news and has been involved with various cable access shows and stuff.

23. BWD912zeta

Apr 26, 2002
    i completly agree.
    -John Kemnitz

24. JediAgent

JediAgent Jedi Youngling star 3

May 17, 2002
    I think we are on to some really good ideas. I have a Jedi Costume complete w/ lightsaber hilt and a decent amount of acting experience. Also, we might want to limit the number of characters. While it is great that we all want to act, trying to get just a few actors together in one place can be very difficult cuz everyone has other activities and commitments. We will also need alot of people to help with scene setup, camera ops, props master, props builder, director, producer, etc.

If we want to choreograph a fight scene, I have a friend who is a black belt who is an aspiring stunt coordinator. He has choreographed the lightsaber duel that we performed at the premiere for Episode II. For the prop sabers, we might need something as durable as they used for Star Wars, depending on how violent the fighting gets.

Finally, I agree that we should create our own characters, that way we don't necessarily have to stick to the story lines already present. Characters in masks I don't believe are a good idea since you won't get mouth movements when they talk, not to mention they would look really fake on the camera. That's my 2 cents for today ;-)

--Ryan

25. BWD912zeta

Apr 26, 2002
    well i'll do whatever i can to help in anyway
    -John Kemnitz

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.