main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Roch, NY Fan Film

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by JediAgent, Jun 22, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi-Nitess

Jedi-Nitess Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 26, 2002
    I too, would love to be involved. My background is in art, so I can help with almost anything...including sewing. I've got a few SW costumes and some others in progress, but I wouldn't mind creating some new stuff.
    Let's be honest...I just like to dress up and have fun. :)

2. BWD912zeta

BWD912zeta Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 26, 2002
    I'll pay i neeeed a costume!!!
    -John Kemnitz

3. Otto_den_Ktulu

Otto_den_Ktulu North Ridge Event Coordinator star 5

Jan 19, 2002
    Me too. I'm getting a job this summer, so I'm gunna have money, I'll pay. ;)

4. jedi_lingster

jedi_lingster Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 2, 2001
    Also, I have a friend that is a martial arts instructor. He said he'd be willing to be the "stunt Co-ordinator", plus he can be a real good bad guy. or anyone else that needs to do some whuppin.

If we go for the serious story, we should have fight scenes that are cool, not just a bunch of people standing around beating on one another with toys....

We have to look at the props, what we have, what we need, etc. What things can we use that can be made a bit more futuristic... etc. etc.

5. Otto_den_Ktulu

Jan 19, 2002
    I have a "model" of a DH-44 blaster pistol, if that helps any....

6. BWD912zeta

Apr 26, 2002
    i built one lightsaber handle and am in the process of putting a blade on it and building a second.
    -John Kemnitz

7. Otto_den_Ktulu

Jan 19, 2002
    Do you have the specs for it? I wanna make one, but I don't have the directions for it.

8. Jedi-Nitess

Jun 26, 2002
    I would be happy to help. [face_mischief]

Any idea what types of costumes you guys want? That way I can start checking on stuff now. I'm pretty good at figuring stuff out, just as long as I've got enough time and resources. Most recently, I figured out (for the most part) a Zam Wesell costume and I did an Aurra Sing costume not too long ago (both in the process of being revamped).

Also, I do have specs for a complete jedi outfit, if anyone wants that info or wants jedi stuff.

I'm involved with the SCA so right now I'm tied up until next weekend working on stuff for Pax but after that I should hopefully have some free time.

Let me know if you have any ideas!

9. Otto_den_Ktulu

Jan 19, 2002
    Mainly a Dark Jedi outfit. Black pants, boots, shirt. Kinda mainly like what Luke wore in ROTJ. I have a robe, so that's all set. I can try and find boots somewhere, and use a pair of black pants that I have, so mainlt just the shirt.

10. Jedi-Nitess

Jun 26, 2002
    *nods* Okay, that wouldn't be hard...I think the hardest part is finding the material. (I'm picky myself and I check discount racks at Wal-Mart and Jo-Ann Fabrics...if you're persistant enough you can get some great cloth!)

As far as the boots go, I would suggest riding boots. If you don't want to pay an arm and a leg, check eBay and thrift stores first. Ebay usually has a good variety of black boots.

~ Kat

11. BWD912zeta

Apr 26, 2002
    I wanna get a jedi costume but at the moment I'm short on funds so I'll wait a bit. as for my saber I pretty much just built it really without spec or anythin but I'll be happy to take measurments and tell u the materials i used if u want.
    -John Kemnitz

12. TheEmperorsHand

TheEmperorsHand Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 27, 2000
    I've made robes randomly before, but, Nitess, what I really need is the shirt part of a Jedi costume.... I made my robes and I can wear khaki pants, though I still need boots.

Nitess, can you come to the meeting at Village Gate Square Saturday?

13. Mara-Jade-Skywalker

Mara-Jade-Skywalker Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 21, 2000
    am I the only one who doesn't really need anything for my costume besides boots and a saber? :p ;) I'll have to check out eBay for boots sometime. ;)

14. Padawan_adri

Padawan_adri Jedi Knight star 5

Sep 14, 2001
    I have boot covers, but I need to make a better lightsaber

15. BWD912zeta

Apr 26, 2002
    well i'm not sure how good mine are but I'll be happy to make some sabers for people.
    -John Kemnitz

16. Mara-Jade-Skywalker

Mara-Jade-Skywalker Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 21, 2000
    hmmm... maybe that would be good. Why don't you bring your sabers to the meeting, John?

17. Jedi-Nitess

Jun 26, 2002
    Well, I can certainly try and make the meeting. Where is it at again? I'm only familiar with parts of the Rochester area. :)

18. Jedi-Nitess

Jun 26, 2002
    EH - Do you need to make just the inner tunic or are you going to make the tabards too?
    Just curious!

19. jedi_lingster

Oct 2, 2001
    I've an Idea, anyone got a Predator costume? or know someone who does? We could do a Starwars Meets the Predator Fan Film....

20. JediAgent

JediAgent Jedi Youngling star 3

May 17, 2002
    *groans*..... ugh........

21. Otto_den_Ktulu

Jan 19, 2002
  22. BWD912zeta

Apr 26, 2002
    I'll certainly bring my sabers. and just a quick question any idea around how much a jedi costume would be??
    -John Kemnitz

23. jedi_lingster

Oct 2, 2001
    I've got an image of the predator kicking Boba's butt.

24. Jedi-Nitess

Jun 26, 2002
    John - It'll mainly depend on what type of cloth you want....that will be the biggest expense. If you want to go with material that's close but not perfect, discount fabric is a pretty cheap way to do it.
    Also the belt, if you want to use real leather. I'll be going to check out a place nearby me that sells cloth and leather and good prices (or so I'm told) I can get an idea on leather prices then.

25. Jedi-Nitess

Jun 26, 2002
    Not sure the predator would be the most effective idea. And aside from the storyline, if the film is going to be done over the summer, it could get quite warm. Having your head covered by a plastic mask would make it really hard to breath and if you wanted him fighting, he's gonna tire a lot faster due to the heat.
    I know most of the costumes are going to be warm, but it's nothing compared to a full face mask keeping most of your body heat in. They're hard enough to breath in in December...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.