main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FanForce/501st/Rebel Legion Party Info as of 4/24/02

Discussion in 'FanForce Conventions' started by whojedi, Apr 24, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. whojedi

whojedi Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 14, 2001
    PLEASE READ ENTIRE POST FOR ALL DETAILS

Hopefully, this post will answer all of your questions. I will post the list of all paid Paypal attendees this weekend, but that is also why I ask if you could print out your Paypal confirmation just as insurance.

Date: May 3, 2002

Time: 9:00 p.m. until midnight

Paid by check as of 4/23/02

J. Chladek
    Elysia
    Jedi Toren
    D. Larabel
    K. Wellman
    S. Whittaker
    Mara-hari
    C. Moore
    Mariann-Solav
    P. Kinney
    L. Aller
    B. Aller
    Go-Mer-Tonic
    B. Litz
    J. Kolman
    F. Kuster
    C. Salas
    L. Hill
    S. Keeler
    P. Murphy
    D. Murphy

FanForce/501st/Rebel Legion Party Update

Here is the update you have been waiting for.

Thanks to Indy Knights President Ron, we have once again upgrade our room. We now have the facilities capable of holding up to 600 people. Looking at the response that we have had to this, it looks like we will fill that up as well. But here are the details:

1) Due to the close proximity of C2, we will only be accepting the entry fee of $17 through Paypal payments. I apologize for this inconvenience, but it is the only way to make sure we have all the funds before the payment is due (48 hours before the party). My Paypal ID is jaynewnum@cs.com. If you do not know how to use Paypal or cannot get it to work, please get with somebody that you know that can do it for you. It is just not possible to make any exceptions to this.

2) Payments will NOT be accepted AFTER Friday April 26. Any payments sent in after that will be returned through Paypal. With all of the work that we have to begin on Sunday the 28th for Celebration 2, this will allow me Saturday to get all of the paid attendees list put together. I HOPE to post a list by Sunday or Monday.

3) When you send in your Paypal payment, please make sure that you include the FULL names of every person that you are paying for. That is absolutely neccesary in order to have a complete list at the door.

4) We will have a complete list at the door, but, if you have the means, please print out your Paypal receipt for secondary verification. If you forget or cannot print stuff out, it is no big deal, but I like for everyone to just be doubley sure.

5) Due to the fact that I would have nearly 200 individual people to respond to since we suspended payment, I will NOT be responding to emails or PM's that have been sent to me previously, I simply do not have the time to do that, I am sorry. We now do have plenty of tickets, so we shouldn't have a problem. With that being said, there are still NO plans to sell tickets at the door. We anticipate that this will still be a sell-out.

Well, I think that is about it, for now. I do apologize for the inconvenience of some of this, but this event has simply exploded. It is going to be a blast and I am looking forward to meeting as many of you as I can.

Once again, props to SkylaFett for putting everything together for this and thanks to Incom4 for securing a larger room.

Well, let the games begin...again...

Jay

2. MrsStrahd

MrsStrahd Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 4, 2002
    Are there any other parties going on Friday night?

3. Yoda_Fan_4years

Yoda_Fan_4years Jedi Youngling

Mar 19, 2002
    Thanks whojedi for all the info and all the work you have done in organizing this. I'm looking forward to meeting more diehard fans and maybe even a few celebrities. See you there!

4. Sebulba-X

Sebulba-X •X C2 C3 MW RSA• star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2000
    I'll be posting this later, but I got the green light from Jay a little earlier....

Celebrity Guests at the FF/501st/RL Party Part 1:

Peter Mayhew
    Shanon Baska
    Michael Sheard

Keep in mind, celebrities will pose for pictures, but autographs will not be allowed. They want to enjoy the evening as much as anyone else. ;)

Yes, this is only part 1. :D :D :D

5. JMChladek

JMChladek Jedi Youngling star 1

May 6, 2001
    Mayhew should be great. I remember he was with a group of fans in a corner during the VIP reception at Alphacon last year and was telling them all sorts of cool stories. Sheard is always a class act at these things as well. Shannon is something of a surprise, but she's a real trooper at conventions.

6. Obi-Dawn Kenobi

Obi-Dawn Kenobi Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 27, 2000
    Thanks whojedi! :D

I can't wait for the party!

7. Bria

Bria Manager Emeritus, -MNFF Council star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 15, 1999
    Wahoo! I'll have to get my picture taken with Shannon for my friend Lindsay. She'll just flip. :)

I did laugh that the this came across as being reported on May 1. [face_laugh] I *wish* it was May 1st! :D

Celebration 2 Fan Force Party Celebrity Guest Announcement Part 1
    Wed, May 01, 02 01:16:10 PM EDT

Just when you thought things couldn't get much cooler for Friday night's Celebration 2 Fan Force / 501st / Rebel Legion party, the Indy Knights would like to officially announce that Peter Mayhew, Michael Sheard, and Shannon Baska will all be attending the party. While these guests will be more than happy to pose for pictures, autographs will not be allowed...they're here to have a good time as well.

Oh, did I say this was part 1? That must mean.... :)

~*~Bria

8. Mos_Eisleian_Radio

Mos_Eisleian_Radio Jedi Master star 4

Nov 26, 2000
    It's Shannon Baksa, by the way.

Phil

9. Darion_Blade

Darion_Blade Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 25, 2001
    Hey,
    Will the celebs be able to go on the air with us at jedi talk?
    Just wondering
    jedi Talk

10. Sebulba-X

Sebulba-X •X C2 C3 MW RSA• star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2000
    I put May 1st on the story so it would stay at the top of the page...lots of FF stuff going on, so I wanted to make sure people saw it.

Whew...thought I misspelled her name in the story, but luckily I didn't.

The Celebs may talk on the show, guess we'll just have to ask them that night. (I'll see if I can find out something more definate before if possible)

11. strawbary

strawbary Syracuse CR, RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2002
    since I am a retard and I didnt pay by the deadline... am I to assume there will be NO payments at the door?
    Strawbary

12. SamuraiYoda

SamuraiYoda Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 19, 2002
    Well, I'm retarded with you.
    :)

I wanted to go too but I just now found out that anyone can go, not just FF members. Which is also where I screwed up.

13. strawbary

strawbary Syracuse CR, RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2002
    well, glad I am not alone ;)

Strawbary

14. SkylaFett

SkylaFett Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 6, 2001
    Attention

We are now at the point where we are looking for help. We need four volunteers to work check in at the door. Two for the Fan Force list and two for the 501st list. You must be already paid for the party. We will be looking into some kind of a thank you for working not sure yet what that will be. Please post here if you would be willing to do this. Thank you for your time and help -Skyla

15. vadersfist

vadersfist Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 25, 2001
    What exactly is the job and is for the entire party??

16. SkylaFett

Dec 6, 2001
    It would be checking names on the lists at the door and at some point we might be able to go down to two people. Then the four people might be able to rotate. I'm still working on the details.

17. vadersfist

Jan 25, 2001
    Sorry, I'll have to pass.

18. artinfos

artinfos Jedi Youngling

Apr 17, 2002
    I'd be glad to help Skyla. I will have my son with me as well. He's 13 so he's not completely useless (he he). Anyhow, my preference would be to work shifts with other people. Say every 2 hours or something. Then it won't seem like work. Besides it would give me a chance to meet some other FF members since I'm kinda new to FF. Anyhow, you can count my son and I in for the whole evening if you need to, but my preference would be 2 hour shifts. I also think as a courtesy, volunteers should get first dibs on food. Otherwise, some of them might go hungry by the time they get a chance to eat.

19. artinfos

artinfos Jedi Youngling

Apr 17, 2002
    Err, sorry Skyla. I just realized that the whole thing is only 3 hours (I was thinking it was longer for some reason). Anyhow, if you get enough volunteers, we could split it so that we would only have to cover 1.5 hours. And like you said earlier you might be able to go down to 1 or 2 people after the initial rush.

20. SkylaFett

Dec 6, 2001
    I would like to thank every one that volunteered. It looks like we got our four. For you four please be at the Hyatt by 8:30 PM at ballrooms C and D. This is going to be such a great time.

TomTav
    jedilona
    artinfos and son

Are the volunteers Thank you so much.

21. ZeroCool69

ZeroCool69 Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 22, 2002
    Well, I'm with strawbary and samuraiyoda, and that's not attending the party. And I wanted to too. I really, really wanted to. One can only hope that by some crazy act of the Force, they decide to let people in once we're there. At least now I know that I'm not alone.

22. vadersfist

Jan 25, 2001
    Holy crap. My printer's dead and I haven't printed my PayPal confirmation e-mail for the party.

Please tell me you'll have a complete list of people who paid, at the door....

23. whojedi

whojedi Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 14, 2001
    We will.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.