main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FANFORCE PARTY ANNOUNCEMENT!!!

Discussion in 'FanForce Conventions' started by Sebulba-X, Apr 9, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sebulba-X

Sebulba-X •X C2 C3 MW RSA• star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2000
    SkylaFett was so kind to post the following:
    FANFORCE PARTY ANNOUNCEMENT!!!

We are pleased to announce that the Official FanForce Party has joined forces with two of the strongest organizations in the Star Wars universe.

The party will be co hosted by FanForce, the 501st, and Rebel Legion. What better way to get as many SW together than to bring all of us to one gathering. The 501st and Rebel Legion are the premier costuming and fan clubs in the SW family and we are proud to have them join us.

In addition, there will be special guests at the party that will be mingling with the fans. Although we will not formally announce them, yet, suffice it to say that they are actors from the Star Wars Saga. Please keep in mind that these people are NOT coming to the party to sign autographs, so please do not expect them or ask them to. They are coming to meet and greet and mingle with fellow fans. Although I am sure that photo opportunities will be plentiful. More details on specific guests will come later, as we are still trying to secure even more surprises.

In addition, there will be raffles throughout the night for prizes that will MORE than validate your entry price.

Of course, JediTalk will be broadcasting live for your entertainment as well.

In light of these new developments, we have secured a room capable of holding nearly 300 guests. Many have ask of the possibility of paying at the door, to answer that I will say the following: We will accept payment at the door, however, there will be two stipulations.

1) The cover price will be $20 instead of $17, the reason for this is because payment based on head-count is due to the Hyatt 48 hours BEFORE the party. Any additional persons at the party and we will be charged an increased amount per person by the hotel to cover additional costs.
    2) Since we do have a limited, albeit much larger, space for the party, if all of our space is filled before May 3, there will obviously be no tickets available at the door. We have already sold easily half of the tickets that will be available, so I do not expect there to be any room left come Celebration time, especially with these new developments. However, I have been known to be wrong...from time to time!

All that being said, it is going to be a great time. Wristbands will be issued when you check in so that you can come in and out from the party, and they will also designate whether or not you are 21, in order to help security prevent underage patrons from having any alcohol at the party. Sorry Padawans!!!

Many thanks to whojedi for coordinating this big and awesome addition!!

We hope to see you all there and May the Force be with You!!!

Don't know if you guys check the other forum or not, but if you are interested in coming, check out this thread:

Official FanForce Party Info, Sign-Up and Payment

Hope to see you all there!

2. MrSkinnee

MrSkinnee Jedi Master star 3

Mar 25, 2002
    So where exactly do you go to pay for it?

3. Sebulba-X

Mar 11, 2000
    The thread at the bottom is the sign up and payment thread...bascially, they are accepting PayPal payments, though if you ask, they may let you mail a check or something....read the linked thread at the bottom for all the details.

4. whojedi

whojedi Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 14, 2001
    If anyone is interested in joining the fun, post it here or in the other thread, or pm me and I will forward the info on to you.

Thanks and I hope to see everyone there.

Jay

EDIT: whoops, Sebulba and I had the same idea at the same time. Scary! :D

5. Bria

Bria Manager Emeritus, -MNFF Council star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 15, 1999
    Awesome! I'm *really* glad now that I am attending this party. :)

~*~Bria

6. Jedi_Tabee

Jedi_Tabee Jedi Knight star 5

Sep 6, 2001
    YAY! :D

if we already paid the $17, do we have to give you more money?

7. Tobey-Wan

Tobey-Wan Jedi Master star 9

Jun 12, 2001
    The way I read it, only those that want to pay at the door will be charged $20. If you pay in advance, it's still $17 so you shouldn't be charged more.

8. Incom4

Incom4 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 4, 2001
    The party is still $17 if you pre-pay. If you come to the party and buy a ticket at the door the cost will be $20.

9. MrSkinnee

MrSkinnee Jedi Master star 3

Mar 25, 2002
    Sebulba,
    Yeah, I saw the link at the bottom for the thread, but I thought you might know if there was a link that I had to click to go to the Paypal thing. I looked all through that thread and couldn't figure out what I had to do to get a ticket.

John

10. Bobafemme

Bobafemme FF Jedi Council Member, Chicago IL RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 25, 2000
    I'll be there. :)

11. Jedi_Tabee

Jedi_Tabee Jedi Knight star 5

Sep 6, 2001
    oooo, cool. Thanks all for answering my question :)

12. Darth_Glymmer

Darth_Glymmer Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 18, 2002
    I will be there! Looking forward to meeting everyone there! >:)

13. Mara-hari

Mara-hari Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 2, 2002
    I'm having the same problem MrSkinnee is as far as wanting to go, but not being able to figure out how to get a ticket. Do we need to have someone PM us about the PayPal thing? Sorry if this is written somewhere else and I missed it.

thanks!

14. jedilona

jedilona Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 18, 2000
  15. Darth_Glymmer

Darth_Glymmer Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 18, 2002
    Hey Mara-hari... you're staying at the Comfort Inn & Suites, right? There's about 7 or 8 of us staying at the CI&S going to the FanForce Party... if you want to go with us, you're more than welcome!

16. Qui-Gon_Ludo

Qui-Gon_Ludo Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 8, 2002
    The Cincy Fanforce will be there too, can't wait to be there!!

17. SkylaFett

SkylaFett Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 6, 2001
    I guess I missed this completly last night. Thanks Seb!

Also if there is still some confusion just post here or there that you want to go and whojedi will PM the info to you in a couple of days. Thanks for your time -Skyla

18. Another.Sky.Walk.er..

Another.Sky.Walk.er.. Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 24, 2000
    I just love good surprises.

See everyone there!

19. Mara-hari

Jan 2, 2002
    Darth Glymmer - Yep, I'm staying in the CI&S with my brother. I just sent a request in for the information on how to get tickets, and I think it would be great to go with you guys. We're coming by ourselves, so we actually don't know anyone else! LOL

You'll probably recognize us as the only Jedi staying at "The Death Star". haha

20. Doright

Doright Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 10, 1999
    You guys rock! great Job. I feel silly for my initial misgivings about this party.

Can you ever forgive me???? :_|

21. whojedi

whojedi Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 14, 2001
    Nothing to apologize for, you just have to buy the first round!!! ;)

22. vadersfist

vadersfist Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 25, 2001
    I want in...

23. Sebulba-X

Mar 11, 2000
    "Apology accepted, Admiral Doright..."

24. Mara-hari

Jan 2, 2002
    Okay - maybe I'm an idiot for asking this because it's explained somewhere else, but I just read an update from Sebulba-X in the FAQ section about the cost for the FF Party - posted this morning. There, it says that it will cost $20, but I already send in $17. Does that mean that we have to send in more money, or just pay when we get there? Am I understanding this right? If I"m wrong, someone please correct me.

25. Mara-hari

Jan 2, 2002
    Okay - never mind......disregard that last question.....I must be too tired to read correctly. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.