main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SNG FanForce Singapore Fan Film

Discussion in 'Asia & Africa General Discussion' started by DarthCrovus, May 22, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthCrovus

DarthCrovus Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 3, 2005
    Ok guys here it is. Just to give you guys a general idea.

I'm looking/ planning to do a local fanfilm, but not your regular run-of-the-mill, home video fanfilm. I'm talking more in terms of a as close to professionally done as possible, with all the special effects (esp. the lightsaber, MAYBE even as far as doing blue screen shoots) with a good story and everything. The works basically.

Being a film student personally, I guess you could say this is what I do (or rather will do in the future). I'm looking for this to be included in my portfolio that I'll (of course) be sending to Lucasfilms. So I guess it will be of some standard. I am also looking for it to be submitted to fanforce fanfilm sections and the likes.

I am actually looking for people who are interested to go on this exciting advanture with me in multiple different capacities, from talents to writers to effects people. Basically a production cast and crew, small as it may be.

Please do not get too excited about it yet, as this will definately take time, a lot of time. "I said patience" Also as this is sort of a extra circulum I doubt anyone of us, especially those of us who are working, can commit more than our spare time to it. Hence slowing down the process even more. Also as it is more or less an independent not to mention somewhat illegal (due to licensing issues) project, it'll be hard to secure funding and maybe even permission to shoot in certain locations. Hence it will be pretty much out of pocket finance.

However, if we pull this off, I'm sure we will have loads of fun doing it and plus the pride and joy of being the first fanfilm to be submitted to fanfilm sites should rock too.

Where I'm at right now is just the Genesis/ R&D stage of it all. I haven't even got a story arc going. I'm basically trying out to see if it can actually be done, with major emphasis on the effects, before moving on.

This post should have been posted much later, but ever since I started talking to a few of you about my idea, it seems to have gained momentum on the forum. So what the hay.

So, anyone interested in VOLUNTEERING for this tough, but exciting adventure? Espically people who are doing such stuff for a living. That would even be better, although I welcome any help I can get.

2. JaZzYjaZZ

JaZzYjaZZ Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 12, 2002
    I want to be writer. :D

Even after I go overseas, I can still provide scripts so I think that's the best avenue for me. Not to mention I like writing too.

:)

3. Delight

Delight Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 25, 2001
    "Count me in!"

Writer, logistics, you name it. As can be attested elsewhere, I'm rather good at lame dialogue. Hey, that's a prerequisite for any Star Wars project! :)

4. martianlightsaber

martianlightsaber Jedi Youngling

Nov 24, 2004
    I'd like to help! I do editing but I don't think 16-year-old standard is quite what you're looking for...

5. Faiz

Faiz Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 1, 2002
    well i've had exp in creating one, er, reluctant sw comedy fanfilm(for those who noe, Redemption, for those who dun, well dun bother, its really bad, hehe). am well versed with video editing, thru adobe premiere. cant really act well, but am wants to be a Jedi in the production. reasonably well versed in Kendo, 4th Kyu, will be able to help cheograph the swordplay.

6. JediClare

JediClare Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 8, 2001
    I'd love to play Jedi :D

7. DarthCrovus

Apr 3, 2005
    Martinlightsaber>> trust me any help is appreciated. In a way it's a win win, you get to see how's it really (hopefully) done and we get help with the project. =)

Faiz>> yes! would really appreciate someone choreo-ing the fight, that's one of the problems i foresee. Would be boring if it's Epi 4 standard swordplay no?

hmmm the response seems really healthy. Puts a smile on me face knowing that. =) Will post more details next week. Sorry this week will be pretty hectic. Need to meet a tons of datelines for this friday.
    But anyone interested don't stop posting. =) I'll be reading the post but most probably won't be posting much as really short on time. =)

8. siaosaber

siaosaber Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 29, 2003
    PM sent

9. xeno_kenobi

xeno_kenobi Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 4, 2002
    I have a very old script that I have... Hardcopy only tho. If you want, let me know. I am interested in playing a Jedi as well.

10. hobbes00

hobbes00 Jedi Youngling star 1

May 11, 2005
    Can I be the lighting engineer? maybe the PR or HR :D
    my 2 hands are yours :D

cheers!

11. DarthCrovus

Apr 3, 2005
    Xeno and Jazz, yes i would love to see the scripts. Slowly moving into the next phase already. Which happens to be the story generation.

Anyone else interested to write the script? Writers out there? Do let me know yeah? =)

Cheers

oh and Xeno, don't worry, you're already one of the Jedis I have in mind. Together with Yazid if he's interested. You guys go nuts on the FXs man. heh

12. wmgan

wmgan Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 27, 2004
    I would love to be part of the cast but I'll be in New York for (at least) the next five years.

However, I am well-versed in Adobe Premiere and would gladly help with editing.

13. JaZzYjaZZ

Mar 12, 2002
    How long is our fan-film going to be?

14. xeno_kenobi

xeno_kenobi Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 4, 2002
    Crovus - Yea, Yazid and I are real Jedi's, we fight like we mean it. :p But we really don't...

15. GED_EYE_GUY

GED_EYE_GUY Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 21, 2002
    Hi all. Can count me in too. Would like to learn how you guys do the SFX (using After Effects?). I've done some basic editing work on Premiere. I'll help out in anything else you need.

oh btw DarthCrovus, yes that was me with the Pro Camera, but using an Un-Pro built-in flash. :D

16. martianlightsaber

martianlightsaber Jedi Youngling

Nov 24, 2004
    Most of the SFX has to be rotoscoped isn't it? (not counting stuff like bluescreen and greenscreen)

17. kimbilili-k-s

kimbilili-k-s Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 9, 2002
    count me in as...anything, really. :) i enjoy anything to do with the media. keep me updated :D

18. darshaassant

darshaassant Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 13, 2005
    I can write. Dare say I'm pretty good at it too. :p And do concept art if you're really so into it that you need concept art. Don't have a scanner though.... the best I can do is with a digicam. :p Still in school so still pretty home-ground.

19. DarthCrovus

Apr 3, 2005
    Wow lots of questions to answer. =p That's a good thing, don't worry I'm more than happy to answer them. It's good that the response is so healthy. I love it in fact. =) You guys bring a bright smile to my face even on a bad day, which today is. =)

Ok I'll try to tackle them in chorno order.

wmgan>> I would love your help too. =) But you being in NY (curse you! I miss that place so much and would give anything to go back >=p) However video files are huge, and transfering them to you for you to edit and then you transfering back to us would take QUITE a while. However I will keep you in mind. I'm pretty sure you still can help out!=)

JazzyJazz>> Length is really dependent on a few factors that are really too early to even estimate. My next step is to come up with a story arc, which is why I'm asking for script submissions. From there I can see what can be used and come up with a full script (or at least a concept first) Don't worry, the script will be credited accordingly) =)

Ged_Eye_Guy>> Hey i'm pretty impressed with your photos on your site man. Definately could use your help when we're planning the shots. Rules of composition and all that. Teach me the ways of the Lens Side, Master =)

Ged & Martinlightsaber>>As to the effects, it really depends on what effects you're talking about. The lightsaber effect can be done in various ways. After Effects does simplify it a lot but the effect would not be as fantastic. Rotoscoping (basically that means, taking the footage, exporting it as a Filmstrip, using a photo editing program like Photoshop to basically 'paint' in the effects you want. Filmstrips are basically conseq. pictures of the footage. That means one frame = one picture, and there's usually 24 frames in one sec of footage. Ok getting too technical) is time consuming, but the results is of course better. As far as I know, the OT lightsabers were done with Rotoscoping, not sure about the PT.

darshaassant>> I would appreciate any help you can give. I am actually looking to get the story out soon-ish, June/ July so yes, writers are much needed now. However I'm asking for script submissions right now from everyone to get an idea of what everyone wants to do.

And I think I haven't mention it on the forum yet, but yes I'm asking for script submission now. I wanna see what you guys have in mind and try to work with that. After all this is not my project alone, it's everyone's (who's interested) project. So I would like to do a story that everyone is keen on. Please mail them to me at fanfilmsg@yahoo.com.sg

Do allow me some time to read all of them. (I usually read a script a couple of times before I disect them) I have work and classes to juggle not to mention tons of deadlines to meet by this month. I will get to them as promptly as I can. =) That's my promise to you guys. =)

20. hobbes00

hobbes00 Jedi Youngling star 1

May 11, 2005
    somehow i feel like using lightsaber.. lol could i be a sith or somethin.. feel like clashing lightsaber.. and executing some stunts. hmm.. gotta read up on that..

21. Faiz

Jun 1, 2002
    sweet. crovus is now our producer
    HAHAHHA
    the next rick.

anyway i wanna play jedi too! T_T

THE LAST JEDI WOOOO

*makes some scary jap kenjutsu pose*

22. JaZzYjaZZ

Mar 12, 2002
    Ok I'll work on a script and we'll see how..maybe a half hour "show" first..but maybe it can be expanded into a series later. [face_laugh]

23. darshaassant

Mar 13, 2005
    What sort of era would it be in? The script, I mean? Or are you just taking a look at everything and see which one would be the nicest to do?

24. Faiz

Jun 1, 2002
    hei thats a very gd qn.
    nothing from the clone war era pls.

maybe something from the olden times like 4k yrs before ANH, or maybe something after ROTJ?

25. darshaassant

Mar 13, 2005
    Old Republic it is, then. :p Ya I know it sounds weird but I h-- dislike NJO. Send to who?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.