main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Det, MI Farewell and adieu.....

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by Scooby_Wan_Kenobi, Sep 20, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Scooby_Wan_Kenobi

Scooby_Wan_Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 22, 2002
    Hello R2-Detroit,

As you all know, I have not been able to meet up with you guys in a long time. Either I was with my kids or have been out of town, mostly in Los Angeles.

Well, I have been made an offer I can't refuse and am now relocating to Simi Valley, California (just north of LA).

To those of you who made it to Dustin's party (sans Dustin), I enjoyed that evening tremedously and was looking forward to another get together, but circumstances have prevented on last hurrah.

It has been my pleasure to have known each and every one of you. I have seen many faces come and go, and been through the good times and the bad. I will never forget you guys and will pop in on occasion (if the boards stay alive, that is) to say hello.

Please guys, keep R2-Detroit alive, just so I can see what's happening with all of you guys.

Take care all,

ScoobyWanKenobi signing off.

2. Capt_Piett

Capt_Piett Jedi Master star 4

Aug 4, 2002
    Sorry to see you go Steve,

Enjoy California!

-Kyle

3. CTATigger

CTATigger Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 29, 2004
    Sorry to see you go, too, Scooby! Just because you are moving to CA doesn't mean you have to drop off the face of the planet...there is such a thing as email, telephones, etc.;)
    Will your kids go with you or will you be back to Michigan to visit?

4. Scooby_Wan_Kenobi

Scooby_Wan_Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 22, 2002
    I will be visiting until the school year is over, and then they will be moving out next summer.

I'll still be peaking in now and then, just wouldn't make it to any functions.

BTW, have any of you played the Force Unleashed? If you haven't don't read any further!

***** SPOILER ALERT*******

Wow, what a huge revelation! Vader started the Rebel Alliance by mistake!!!!! What huge part of the story to be put in a video game!

******End Spoiler********

5. Qonas

Qonas Jedi Master star 4

Feb 12, 2003
    Oh man, now this really feels like the end of an era. :p What a ride, though. From my first Michigan game with you and Dustin (that AWESOME comeback against Minnesota with the hilarious John Navarre sideline run) to the Lions/Eagles game with all the bandwagon jumpers, from anniversary weekend to crazy Becky, from Halo to Halo 2.....to Halo 3, from the fires/BBQs at Bob's to the Dustin party sans Dustin and all the B-Dubs and beers in between it's been a hell of a ride.

It'll suck to see ya leave, Steve (hey that rhymed), but if there's better career options out in CA then ya gotta go. It's not like there's big money here in Canadian Lawyer Land to be had, heh, not when there's barely any jobs. At least on your way out, you have the satisfaction of knowing Millen is gone too. [face_dancing]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.