main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanclub Fate of the Jedi and Aftermath Fan Club - looking forward to Crucible and SotJ!

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Sinrebirth , Apr 16, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. A Tool

A Tool Jedi Padawan star 1

Sep 2, 2012
    I believe a Skywalker dynasty is destined to happen.
    Unless Luke kicks the bucket soon, I'd say Jaina is up next, followed shortly after by Ben.

2. zark

zark Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2009
    I'm sorry, I know it's not a popular opinion, but I sure hope it's not Jaina... And as for other worthy candidates, I don't want another Kenth Hamner. Corran Horn maybe. And as for the remark about trusting family? Caedus.

EDIT: Or was that comment intentional sarcasm?

3. DarthJenari

DarthJenari Jedi Master star 4

Dec 17, 2011
    I think Jaina would make an awful Grandmaster. I don't really know who i'd choose if Luke died tomorrow or in place of Ben, which is another problem. Just like they haven't developed any contemporaries for Ben, they haven't developed the older Knights well enough. Unlike with Yoda and Mace, there's no clear 2nd in command. The closest someone ever came to acknowledging this was during the Swarm War when Mara thought about how impressive Jacen was and that one day soon he'd be perfect as Luke's 2nd in command.

4. zark

zark Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2009
    I'd back Cilghal or Corran as Grand Master.

5. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Clighal would be my pick for Grand Master

6. A Tool

A Tool Jedi Padawan star 1

Sep 2, 2012
    Cilghal/Corran 46 ABY! :D

Force Smuggler and zarkinfrood like this.
  7. Allana_Rey

Allana_Rey Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    I want information on Sword of the Jedi so bad.

Force Smuggler likes this.
  8. HispAnakin

HispAnakin Jedi Padawan star 2

Oct 16, 2017
    *laments what could have been*

9. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009
    Moved to FotJ Fanclub

10. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    I’m assuming that the two novels of Kemp and trilogy of Golden were traded in by Disney - and mystery projects of Luceno and John Jackson Miller - they likely owed the four authors contracts thus we had their four outings. Lords of the Sith, Dark Disciple, Tarkin and Rebels.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11. Darth Invictus

Darth Invictus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 8, 2016
    I still wonder what Kemp's original Duology was supposed to be about.

Denning also said they had a few other projects planned-I wonder what those were.

12. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    All the more curious. We had that short story on Jaina and Jag’s honeymoon with that Holocron, remember...

Runjedirun likes this.
  13. Darth Invictus

Aug 8, 2016
    I wonder if and when Lucas would ever have given the go ahead to kill off the Big Three? Han was in his seventies by crucible, Luke and Leia in their mid sixties.

14. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    I’m sure it would have happened. But the issue we had by the time of FotJ was how. Luke had beaten Palpatine and Abeloth. He’s overpowered.

15. Runjedirun

Runjedirun Force Ghost star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    I remember that, it was in an issue of SW Insider (I think). At any rate I totally remember standing in Barnes and Noble and reading the story, cause I wasn't going to buy the magazine :p

Sinrebirth likes this.
  16. Darth Invictus

Aug 8, 2016
    Peacefully of old age?

17. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    One could only hope.

18. PCCViking

PCCViking Chosen One star 10

Jun 12, 2014
    To be fair, though, it wasn't without a serious toll. I think he was still having to deal with that in Crucible, and he still needed Krayt's help.

19. Amon_Amarth

Amon_Amarth Force Ghost star 6

Jan 27, 2005
    I think Han was an obvious one to go in ST due to Harrison Ford's desire to "bury the smuggler once and for all". I guess Lucas probably gave a green light for getting rid of the rest - after all, Lucas killed off plenty of people in the Saga whereby the torch is passed onto the next generation.

I would have loved a post Crucible novel, or better an epic trilogy that would provide epic deaths of the Big Three. Not for just the sake of killing of an overpowered character, but for the sake of rounding up their stories and giving more space to Jaina/Jag, Allana and all of the next generation.

Bernael Edit: Thread locked by moderator due to inactivity. Should you desire the thread reactivated please contact Sinrebirth, darthbernael, or Bardan_Jusik.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 4, 2022
    Sinrebirth likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.