main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Orlando, FL Favorite Tarantino Film

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by Sabacc, Apr 22, 2004.

?

Favorite Tarantino Film

Poll closed Apr 29, 2004.
  1. Reservoir Dogs

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Pulp Fiction

4 vote(s)
    50.0%
  3. Jackie Brown

1 vote(s)
    12.5%
  4. Kill Bill v1

2 vote(s)
    25.0%
  5. Kill Bill v2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. one of the big ones he's written (True Romance, Natural Born Killers, From Dusk Till Dawn)

1 vote(s)
    12.5%
  7. anything else (check him out on IMDb.com)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. We need a Least Favorite Tarantino Film poll

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sabacc

Sabacc Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 9, 2001
  2. raiza123

raiza123 Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 18, 2003
    Oh Puhlease! Is there any question? Pulp Fiction rules!!!!
    Melanie

3. Pikaroth

Pikaroth Jedi Master star 3

Apr 22, 2002
    I cannot vote in this poll... let me explain why. The idea is outstanding, I give you (you being Campbell) full credit, but I think ones he has written need to be taken off. Natural Born Killers, for example, is so far *away* and not at all like what he wrote, that it boggles the mind.

Second, the Kill Bill thing... everyone knows it will be edited back into one movie. It has to, and he will do it. I have an exceedingly hard time considering both KBs as different movies.

Wait, I'll vote, but if you could re-work the poll, I think we would get a better idea. When both Bills are put together, THAT will be the best, period. Alone though, my vote goes to...

...well, just look at the poll to find out!

Brandon

4. Sabacc

Dec 9, 2001
    I did that intentionally, at least as far as the KBs are concerned. I get a very different feel from the 2 halves. I initially had a big problem with them being torn apart in the first place. I thought it was a mistake artistically. Having seen them both now, I feel they're very different. I see Volume 2 as much more emotional than the first, which was chock full of action. It seems so lop-sided now that I feel it would take a total re-edit to make it into one movie. I'd like to see it, but I'm not complaining these days about the current state. I've also not seen Tarantino "Lucas" one of his old movies in a 2nd release so it'll be interesting to see if he chooses that path.

Also, I agree that NBK was Oliver Stone weighted, but I think Tarantino shines pretty brightly in True Romance and From Dusk Till Dawn. I think maybe I was just trying to inform the uninitiated. -Campbell

5. RogueScribner

RogueScribner Jedi Master star 4

Jan 17, 2004
    The two halves to Kill Bill are distinct. I'm curious to see them work as a whole, but I think I'll always view them as two different flicks. Vol 1 was a gratuitous kung fu frenzy while Vol 2 was a more laid back and character driven film. Vol 1 was a total popcorn flick and Vol 2 reaches greater dramatic and emotional heights. I like them both equally, but for different reasons. Personally, I think it'll be jarring to see them uncut. Time well tell . . .

L8r

6. raiza123

raiza123 Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 18, 2003
    so which one did you vote on then?

Melanie :)

7. RogueScribner

RogueScribner Jedi Master star 4

Jan 17, 2004
    I voted for Pulp Fiction. :)

But Kill Bill would be my second choice!

L8r

8. Sabacc

Dec 9, 2001
    Here's an interesting answer from David Carradine that addresses the topic of Kill Bill as one or two pictures:

The Onion AV Club: Do you see Kill Bill as one film?

DC: Yeah, it's one long film. Back before they split it into two parts, it was one film, and that's how you should think about it. And I don't think it will take very long?you'll be seeing it that way, because there are enough Tarantino fans who want to see it that way, and all you need to do is remove the credits in the middle. It holds together. Wham, it's a three-and-a-half-hour epic f~cking masterpiece of exploitation moviemaking. That's what he calls it. He'll never tell you that what he's actually doing is giving himself the ability to be a great director like David Lean or somebody like that. He hides. He's very subversive, right? All the techniques available, moments of great beauty and great terror in this picture, particularly if you see it as one picture, you see that it flows. Everyone says that Part Two is a much different picture. Well, if you look at it together, you'll see that it flows together. It doesn't just jump. That's the way he designed it. He wanted everybody to think that it was just a simple action movie, and be plunged into this tragic love story that has a lot of the feeling of Sergio Leone, but also has the feeling of Shakespeare.

9. Sabacc

Dec 9, 2001
    A little giddy over the DVD release of Kill Bill, v2. Not trying to be controversial, but I truly like it better than the first. Also, a tad more akin to v1, is this new edition's deleted scene: a beautifully rendered showdown in the street between Bill and some revengeful thugs. -Campbell

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.