main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Jack, FL FCJK Duelers

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by JaxAnakinSkywalker, Jul 18, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JaxAnakinSkywalker

JaxAnakinSkywalker Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 21, 2006
    HEY! This is my baby, so I had to make it another post. I'm stoked!

Do you want to do some choreography to enterain the kids?

Do you like stage combat?

Do you just want to use your lightsaber?

JOIN THE FCJK DUELERS!

Here's the deal. They loved us at Mama Fu's doing the big choreography. I would love to do that on a regular basis.

Luis has already agreed to share his mastery(and routines he's made) with all of us so that we can look kool with our shiny sticks.

Steve has offered his services as well in fine tuning our stage combat skills. He looked great on YouTube!

We will definitely meet up at least one time before Mama Fu's to get something down good.

Ok, here is the deal as I have it so far. We'll be meeting up for some great exercise and fun(maybe pizza) where we will work on getting 3-5 routines down that we can do at troops. We simply decide which one to do and play paper, rock, scissors to decide who wins.

I would suggest wearing comfortable clothes and bring a practice saber (so we don't trash ours). Luis has some made, and I'll be making a couple. If you want to make one, I am planning on getting a piece of 1" PVC cut at Lowe's to 43 1/2 inches (I measured my saber) and tape up the first 10 1/2 inches with electrical tape (I was going for cheap and durable). That's as simple as it gets.

We'll decide when to get together. Manda has offered her lawn, which is kool, and we'll have some fun. Can't wait to do it! Later!

P.S. (good practice is the light saber TV game.. LOVE IT)

2. darth-blaze

darth-blaze Jedi Padawan star 4

May 19, 2002
    OK, the best way to do the sabers, Believe it or not is get some pvc pipe, cut it down to 12 inches and attach a metal rod. they last longer than wooden dowels and they sound better, If you guys don't believe me Ask Chris. We been going atr it for the past 3 weeks and they can take the beating. so You can build up to 3 sabers for the price of 4 dollars plus tax. If you guys need more info on prop Building send me a PM. I',m more tahn happy to answer all ???????

Other than that, I'm on board with the duels. My expertices are at your services

3. JaxAnakinSkywalker

Feb 21, 2006
    Where do you get the metal rods and how do you attach them?

4. Twin_solo_Durron

Twin_solo_Durron Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 30, 2003
    were do i sign up..mesa thinks this sounds like fun.

5. DairNimiris

DairNimiris Jedi Youngling star 2

May 19, 2005
    What if the Mandalorian wants to fight too? :)

6. Anakin-and-Padme

Anakin-and-Padme Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 2, 2005
    You can steal a lightsaber in a fight Nimiris and take out some jedi ;)

7. JaxAnakinSkywalker

Feb 21, 2006
    So, Dwight, you want a rematch, huh? (it's too bad that these are predetermined, heh)

8. darth-blaze

May 19, 2002
    the metal rods are in lowes or home depot. They are 1.98 for 10 feet and is called electrical metallic tubing 1/2 inch x 10 feet.

9. JaxAnakinSkywalker

Feb 21, 2006
    Do they cut the metallic tubing for you there too? And what length are you having the tubing cut to?

10. JaxAnakinSkywalker

Feb 21, 2006
    Ok, Amanda has scheduled us in (being the secretary and all) to get together on Sat, July 29th. All we have to do is decide what time.

So that no one is out all of the food and people don't necessarily feel like they have to bring small stuff. How about we do this, everyone over the age of 3 brings 3 dollars for pizza and everyone brings their own drinks. That should cover it ok, unless someone has a better plan...

I'll be making at least one if not two more practice sabers for myself before then. Have fun guys!

11. darth-blaze

May 19, 2002
    the tubing u need to cut it yourself, a hacksaw will work. they need to be 3 feet long from the emmiter, so It depends how long is the hilt, The rod need to be inside the hilt completely, You get more stability on it. so If the hilt is 12 Inches, the rod needs to be 4 feet long.

12. JaxAnakinSkywalker

Feb 21, 2006
    Heh, no hack saw... Eh, I'll play with it a bit...

13. ImperialOrder

ImperialOrder Jedi Youngling star 2

May 19, 2005
    I'm on board to teach thoughs who want to learn. I'll even teach prat and tech falls if you feel brave enough. It's hard work to take a fall right and not get hurt. Example: I've been safely landing jumps off of 2 story jumps for the past 4 years, and the worst injury I've ever got from a fall was a shattered knee cap. (You must be 18 or older though for me to teach you.) As for SC, I use the British Number fight system, which is a more traditional system used in films. It is slowly being phased out though for a newer system (currently used in Japanese and Chinese films). It's based on movement, not strikes. Newer screen writters like that system because they can script their own fights by what the combatters do during a strike. I like to base on strike, allows for more variation during combat. (Example is in Esp. 3 with stance and strike in the final dual.)

>Steve

14. darth-blaze

May 19, 2002
    Mistresss...... can we put this on the events page on the website....please.....

15. Anakin-and-Padme

Sep 2, 2005
    'tis currently 1:45 am and the house is sleeping and so should I, but in the morning I will be happy to add any and all info :)

16. ObiWanAmanda

ObiWanAmanda Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 10, 2005
    Ok lets see time....is everyone ok with around 4 or 5? This gives us a few hours to fight/eat. and its also late evening so it should be cooling off around then.

17. JaxAnakinSkywalker

Feb 21, 2006
    It all sounds gravy. Steve, it's great having you.. You know I'm up for extensive lessons. You'll have to drag me away!

18. ObiWanAmanda

Jun 10, 2005
    Ok...so we are set for Saturday July 29th for dueling at my house. Time to be here is between 4 and 5. If you want to come and do not know how to get to my house then send me a PM and i will give you directions. I think most of you already know where i live...but, just in case. Dont forget to bring yourself something to drink...SORRY NO ALCOHOL...and bring a little cash and we will order pizza delivery. I am looking forward to this. If you have any practice sabers bring them so that you can wail on one another. You dont want to use you FX sabers for this.

Chase...dont forget to bring my flares!!! :)

19. darth-blaze

May 19, 2002
    What........NO ALCOHOL.... that's the hobby of bounty hunters..... I guess we gonna have to dring Blue milk and twinkies.....LOL

20. ObiWanAmanda

Jun 10, 2005
    Ooo--Twinkies....LMBO Sorry, the next best thing is Coke...

21. JaxAnakinSkywalker

Feb 21, 2006
    Ok, so does this mean that someone is, or isn't, bringing twinkies? Just wondering if I need to grab some essentials.

22. darth-blaze

May 19, 2002
    is a joke.....but I will bring some sodas. but before I forget....BOOOO that woman, no alcohol. LOL

23. JaxAnakinSkywalker

Feb 21, 2006
    Hey, man. Why are you playin' with my emotions like that? Now, I can't have any twinkies? How about a fruit pie? Would that work better?

24. Anakin-and-Padme

Sep 2, 2005
    Pipe down Ani, the kids and I will bake you some cookies on Saturday morning to take with us. All will be fine in junk food land.

25. ObiWanAmanda

Jun 10, 2005
    aaaaaahhhhhhhh...does ani want me to bake him some of my awesome brownies for sat??? Hey junk food is good :) Im planning on having my fav. potato chips on hand that day too (salt and vig)..yum...

BLAZE: dont go there with me!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.