main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FilmCon 5, November 18th-20th Madison Wisconsin

Discussion in 'Archive: Lincoln, NE' started by Achilles_of_Edmonton, Aug 22, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Achilles_of_Edmonton

Achilles_of_Edmonton Jedi Youngling star 4

May 13, 2005
    Hi everybody,

It's Mark Twitchell, the smilin Kit Fisto of C3.

If you haven't been to a FilmCon yet you have no idea what you're missing. It's an excellent convention which focuses on the creative aspects of film making and a variety of other hands on project work as well such as costuming, prop building and CGI.

The guests at these things are most often production crew who have worked on various television series and big budget films, Star Wars included. There are light saber classes, fan film screenings and a host of activities going on and of course there's the main reason we all got to these things . . to get away from it all and hang out with fellow SW fans.

Registration information, FAQ and info as it develops can be found at the home page.

www.filmcon.org

I really hope as many of you can make it as possible. In light of Xpress Entertainment launching and production on this . . .

[image=http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a171/Kit_Fisto/Episode%203%20and%20a%20Parsec/LogoFinal.jpg]

. . . going so well, I've been invited to give 2, 1 hour panels at this con on Film production. If you've ever thought about sinking your teeth into a film project and would like a roadmap of what to expect and how to get things done, I've designed this seminar to cater directly to independent production.

I'll be going over every imaginable topic from creative writing and concept design to principal photography, set design and post production. The best part is that the techniques are applicable for a wide range of budgets and scale.

My own fan film creation is budgeted at $30,000, will be shot almost entirely on blue and green screens, run nearly an hour and a half in run time and follow every true idiom of a real star wars film. Interweaving story lines, easter eggs and inside jokes, and explore how the death star plans were stolen, how Han won the Falcon and how he set the kessel run record as well as showing what happened when he had to ditch his cargo.

If anyone wants a copy of the script for entertainment purposes PM me and you'll get a copy.

FilmCon is amazing. It's always a lot of fun to get together and hang out with friends, participate in the costume contest and the guests are the true salt of the earth, people who do the real work when it comes to producing all aspects of media. I've been attending since FilmCon 3.

Pre register now because it's cheaper the earlier you do it and we're trying to break records on attendance with this baby. I would fly down for it even if I wasn't hosting anything. Everybody pull a Nike and just do it. [face_peace]

I look forward to seeing you there.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.