main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Pittsburgh, PA Final C3 Hotel Room Booking Info

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by ZeroCool69, Sep 26, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ZeroCool69

ZeroCool69 Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 22, 2002
    This is the final info as far as booking the hotel rooms for Celebration 3. This is just so that everyone, wether you were at the meting and missed something, or weren't there and ar a little confused as to what's going on.

On Monday, at 3 pm, I will be buying my 4-day pass for C3. I will recieve a hotel reservation code in my e-mail. With said code, I will attempt to reserve five(5) hotel rooms. If successful, I will post here. If un-successful, the contact person for each room will be called, informing them of this information. I will then post here, so that everyone else will know what is going on.

As of Sunday the 26 at 10:55, the room breakdown is as follows:
    1 Room for Sal (for himself and Em)- Contact Sal
    1 Room for Terry (for himself and Ginger)- Contact Terry
    1 Rom for the Guys (for Josh, Dan, Sal's friend Jobi[sorry if that's spelled wrong], possibly one more)- Contact Tina/Stacie
    1 Room for the Girls (for Bonnie, Allie, Chris Greencat)- Contact Chris Greencat
    1 Room for Zero (for myself, Stacie, Tina, and Liz)- I'll contact myself(and yes, the joke has already been made)
    If any of this info changes, or if any problems arise, call my cell phone. I will not be able to answer it while I'mat work, but leave a message, and I will get it when I'm done.

2. jedi_master_sal

jedi_master_sal Jedi Padawan star 4

May 20, 2002
    It may be a good idea to have your fanclub membership number handy as well. (Possible discount on rooms as well as to assure your special lanyard that will get you into fanclub only events or early entrance to events.)

3. jedi_master_sal

May 20, 2002
    40 minutes to go!!!

4. jedi_master_sal

May 20, 2002
    25 minutes!

5. Darth_Raptor

Darth_Raptor Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 21, 2002
    Sal, Im going nutz here!

*clicks refresh*

Ok Rap, all of WVFF is counting on you...

*clicks refresh*

...no pressure....

*clicks refresh*

6. Fluke_Groundrunner

Fluke_Groundrunner Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 1, 2001
    If Zero of any of the contact people are having trouble with the website (or internet connection) when it goes live, call me at work and I will try to help out with entering your info in over the phone.

7. Darth_Raptor

Oct 21, 2002
    Go Sal, GO NOW!!!

8. Fluke_Groundrunner

Jun 1, 2001
    2:53pm registration is open!

9. stateless

stateless Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 30, 2002
    Has anyone actually been able to put badges in the shopping cart?

I've registered in the GenCon site, but I can't put badges in my cart. Just wondering if anyone has been successful with that yet...

10. Darth_Raptor

Oct 21, 2002
    No, and we are killing the server :)

11. stateless

Jul 30, 2002
    Totally.

The page finally loaded... badges not available yet.

And FYI... if anyone is buying more than one badge, a note at the bottom of the page says that you have to make a separate account for each badge.

12. jedi_master_sal

May 20, 2002
    I was able to register very quickly, and saw the badges page, but couldn't buy them yet. (Oh and I've got 4 accounts set-up for extra badges, so if anyone of them loads up, I can get the tickets-then the REAL problem... ROOM Reservation.

Now I'm just trying to get back to that page and can't connect.

Stupid SW geeks crashed the server in under THREE minutes! (Yeah I'm one of them too)

When I talked to GenCon in May, they assured me they could handle this. I didn't have confidence then and right now, my thoughts have been justified. Now I hope they see why big deals like the one I proposed would have been a way to go.....
    -Sal

13. stateless

Jul 30, 2002
    I've finally been able to add a badge to my cart.

Checking out is another story.

14. jedi_master_sal

May 20, 2002
    Geesh, if this is a premonition of what's to come...

15. stateless

Jul 30, 2002
    Of course it is. Sadly, this is about what I expected.

Another FYI, there is an option to pay for your badge by check or money order.

16. jedi_master_sal

May 20, 2002
    Yeah, but make a bet, if you choose the slower option, you'll have problems...

Ya know, if I could use explicatives right now, and not be banned, I'd be doing it. So instead I'll use an old stand-by, "Razza Frazza!"

-Sal

17. Chris-Stacina_Rajinn

Chris-Stacina_Rajinn Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 15, 2002
    Ahhhhhh...!!!!!!!!!!

It won't let me on! It keeps saying it's timed out :_|

18. jedi_master_sal

May 20, 2002
    Keep trying!

Whoever gets through first, POST WHAT YOU NEED TO DO, if you think it will help.

In otherwords, if you got any glitches and were able to surpass them. Or what did you do to finally get through, other than refreshing the page, ETC.

-Sal

19. stateless

Jul 30, 2002
    OK, I have successfully obtained badge AND a hotel room. Details forthcoming momentarily.

20. Fluke_Groundrunner

Jun 1, 2001
    Try another browser if you have one.

21. stateless

Jul 30, 2002
    Alrighty... no secret to getting the badge... All you can do is be patient. :) If it times out, reload. That worked okay for me. Once you have your badge, your confirmation page will have a code for the hotel room. It's not emailed to you; it's right there on the page. There's even a handy place to click straight to the hotel reservation system.

Once there, you put in the dates for the hotel and number of guests. It pulls up the list of hotels and you can choose. I was moving pretty fast through the list so I didn't see many of the prices. I snagged the Marriott for $151 per night. It seemed others were cheaper. Anyway, the hotel site was pretty quick (maybe because not many people have gotten that far yet... ;) ).

You can register more than one room, but you have to do them one at a time.

There is a $50 fee for cancelling a room.

22. Fluke_Groundrunner

Jun 1, 2001
    So there you have it. One person is able to register more than one room.

23. jedi_master_sal

May 20, 2002
    Zero, any word yet?

I'm still just trying to get my ticket!

This is beyond frustrating.

-Sal

24. Chris-Stacina_Rajinn

Chris-Stacina_Rajinn Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 15, 2002
    Oh, I hate this!! It's sort of working...I think....

I hate the internet and star wars fans!!!

Well, most SW fans ;)

25. ZeroCool69

ZeroCool69 Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 22, 2002
    That's handy info. Now if I can just get that far, I'll be in good shape, I think.
    And let me just say, I'm rather p'd off with LucasFilm right now. I signed up for the Fan Club Friday. They sent me an e-mail saying I'd get my activation number in 24-48 hours. Well I haven't gotten it yet. I tried calling the number you gaveme Sal, but they said they don't deal with that. I think that was just for the Insider. So if they try telling me I can't get my lanyard and such, there will be issues.

EDIT - No, no word yet. It is being very, very slow. I don't have a great connection, like at teh twins apartment, but it's pretty good. But it's taking forever.
    AHHH!!! I got to the badge page, selected the amount iwanted, and clicked continue. The next page didn't have anything on it, so I clicked checkout. An now it's saying I have nothing in my cart!!!!!! AHHH!!!!! I have to start all over!!!!!!!!! :mad:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.