main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Char, NC FIRST FAN FORCE MEETING - Friday, March 15th

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by RidingMyCarousel, Mar 6, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RidingMyCarousel

RidingMyCarousel Jedi Master star 6

Feb 20, 2002
    It's official - the First Charlotte, NC FanForce meeting will be held on Friday, March 15th.

We will all meet at AAA Collectables in Matthews and there decide what will happen (like get some food, what not). The time set for the meeting is 4:00 PM (not sharp or nothing, just be there no later than 4:15).

Look forward to seeing the fellow Charlottean fans! If you can definately make it, reply to this board so we know how many people to expect. And bring about 10$ for food and drinks (we're most likely going to go eat somewhere).

Thanks!

2. EagleIFilms

EagleIFilms Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 6, 2001
    That sounds good, I will most likely be there.

3. Minacia_Brightstar

Minacia_Brightstar Jedi Youngling star 5

May 23, 2001
    Hey, Riding, I've sent you a PM regarding the meeting. When I hear back from you, I'll post the meeting announcement to the FanForce web site.

I'm so excited that something is finally happening in Charlotte! :D

Remember, if you guys need anything, please let me know.

4. EagleIFilms

Apr 6, 2001
    Minacia_Brightstar, you can also e-mail me about the meeting. Riding and I are pretty much co-chairing this first meeting.

But we also need more people to say that they're coming. It's not a legitimate meeting usless we can get 3 people to come.

So speak up if you're planning on coming!

5. Minacia_Brightstar

May 23, 2001
    Okieday, Eagle. Uhm...sorry, I was channeling Jar Jar for a moment. :p

Everyone who is coming to your meeting does not necessarily have to post on the boards, it just makes confirming the number of people at your meeting a little easier. I know that about half of my group's members do not post regularly on the boards. As long as you have at least 3 folks there, you're okay.

When one of you guys gets a chance, don't forget to send me final details and I'll post the announcement. You might pick up another attendee or two if we post it soon enough. :)

Oh, and if there are any others interested in coming to the Charlotte meeting, please make yourself known. They don't bite...I think. ;)

6. Minacia_Brightstar

May 23, 2001
    Hey guys! I've posted your meeting announcement on the FanForce website. Please keep me updated with what is going on.

And so it begins... :)

7. EagleIFilms

Apr 6, 2001
    Thanks Minacia!

8. FixXxer0209

FixXxer0209 Jedi Youngling

Mar 7, 2002
    I would love to come to the meeting but I work & don't get out until 4:30, I work in Charlotte & I would have transportation problems too. If you guys have another meeting after this one could you try to schedule it on a Saturday or Sunday that would work out good for me. Although my transportation problems should not be a problem for much longer. BTW-what is the general age group of this board, I have a feeling I might be the oldest one here...

9. EagleIFilms

Apr 6, 2001
    I'm (a very mature!) 15 and Riding is 18.

We may be able to sceduale the next meeting on a Saturday. We'll keep you in mind while scedualing.

10. K-Dub_Solo

K-Dub_Solo Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 7, 2002
    Hi guys! I originally posted with you guys on this topic under the name Jabba.

I would love to make this Fan Force official with you guys, but I work at night. So along with the previous responder, let me know if you ever have the opportunity to have a meeting on the weekend. If you could do it on the weekend, we would already be 4 members deep. I am 28 by the way, but that is just a number.

11. anakin_girl

anakin_girl Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 8, 2000
    Fixer: I'm 30; if you're older than me, I'll be surprised. Not too many on these boards are.

I want to come to the meeting, but I work in central Charlotte and don't get off til four, so I won't be able to be out there until about 4:30. I plan to come and see if you guys are still there, or if you've already left to eat; if you have, I'll just look for the announcement for the next meeting.

12. RidingMyCarousel

Feb 20, 2002
    Hey well the first meeting could last a good while. Actually after talking to the owner of AAA Collectables, he doesn't like the idea of us stealing his parking (they have a 6 car lot or so..). But yeah, the meeting will be at the same time.. and I'll be there until a good 6 or so. Actually the only real problem now is getting the place together.

I've found a temporary solution to this:
    Well all meet at the parking lot of Rack 'Em Pub and Billiards (right down the street). From there, we all go somewhere.. but I don't know where...
    So I need all of y'all to email me at JediJamesTraver@aol.com so I can give you guys my number, so we can stay in contact. We're probably going to end up going and grabbing some mexican at the restaurant right there.. but If you guys want to meet at 5 or so, I will wait and meet y'all. As long as we all can set a time for the second meeting for us where everyone can show (if that's possible.)

Right now, tho, we're going to have to meet at Rack 'Em's parking lot and move elsewhere.. if you need directions, Lycos Maps have been very usefull =)
    Here's the URL for a Map to Rack 'Em.. http://maps.lycos.com/mapresults.asp?AD2=343+W+John+Street&AD3=Matthews+NC&ad4=USA&FC=RECPARK&Get+Map=Get+Map and Rack 'Em's Adress is as follows:
    343 West John St., Matthews, NC

Okay well that was a really long post. Sorry about the length. Just please please please email me so we can all get in contact. Thanks =)

13. Minacia_Brightstar

May 23, 2001
    Hey everyone! I'm glad to see that interest in a Charlotte FanForce is growing! This is terrific! :D

Riding, I've changed the meeting information on the FanForce web site. If you need anything else, please let me know. And be sure to keep me updated. :)

14. Chris Knight

Chris Knight TFN Humor Staff star 4 VIP

Jul 8, 1998
    Hey, can I come to yer party? :D

15. EagleIFilms

Apr 6, 2001
    Welcome Chris, we'd love for you to come.

You could help us sort out how to run the thing.

16. RidingMyCarousel

Feb 20, 2002
  17. Chris Knight

Chris Knight TFN Humor Staff star 4 VIP

Jul 8, 1998
    How to RUN it?!

Dude, we *barely* keep things running on TFN... and now you want me to officiate a shindig?! :D

I'll bring my lightsaber and officially dub thee FanForce Charlotte ;)

18. K-Dub_Solo

K-Dub_Solo Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 7, 2002
    Too bad we can't do it Saturday or Sunday. I think we will have too many people left out that can't make it Friday night.

19. EagleIFilms

Apr 6, 2001
    Well, I really can't do it on Saturday, but probobly we can sceduale the next meeting for a Saturday.

20. FixXxer0209

FixXxer0209 Jedi Youngling

Mar 7, 2002
    Well, I guess you will be surprised Anakin Girl... I'm 32. If you guys plan the next meeting for a Saturday or Sunday I'll be able to go. I can't make it this time though, stuff came up & I can't go. I'm looking forward to the next time though.

21. Minacia_Brightstar

May 23, 2001
    Chris just shows up at these gatherings for the food. :p I should know, he's shown up in Atlanta a few times. ;)

When are you coming to visit your favorite pyromaniacs (a.k.a. Hothlanta Rebels) again, Chris? ;)

Good luck on Friday, Charlotteans! :D

22. spiderbaby74

spiderbaby74 Jedi Youngling

Mar 12, 2002
    Hi Mandy, I'm Jeff. I'm new to these forums, and you seem to be pretty involved. I wouldn't mind going to the Charlotte meeting, but can you tell me what to expect? What do people do there? -spiderbaby

23. EagleIFilms

Apr 6, 2001
    We don't really know at this point.

We're writing up an agenda at the moment (logo designs, web hosting, ect.), but we'll probobly mostly talk about the new trailer, while eating some good Southern cookin'.

24. Minacia_Brightstar

May 23, 2001
    Welcome to the FanForce forums, spiderbaby74!

You want to know what to expect at a FanForce meeting? Well, it varies from group to group. We in Atlanta are very organized now, so we show up at a predetermined meeting place (usually a Dave & Busters Restaurant), hand out agendas and take care of club business. After that, we eat and head to the arcade to play video games. We hold other events as well. We have movie and bowling outings, barbeques, and we had our first Halloween party back in October.

Every group puts together different types of meetings/events. The one thing you should expect is to have a little fun. :)

25. RidingMyCarousel

Feb 20, 2002
    Hey y'all - actually, this meeting is just a sort of "Hey, let's get together a big group of Star Wars fans and talk" thing. I know for a fact that we're going to have a Pre, During, and Post Episode 2 party =) so yeah, you can guess what'll go down there.

But yeah, this time around, we're just going to meet at Rack 'Em's parking lot, go grab some Mexican food at the restaurant right nextdoor, and just have a good ol' get together. (Btw, I forgot the name of the Mexican restaurant.. sorry lol =)

Anyways yeah, I hope to see as many people there as possible, just don't forget to bring some money. If you show up past 4:15 or so, just go into the Mexican restaurant, ask them where the Star Wars people are seated (because I'm going to tell them that there's going to be a group of people, though I don't know how many to expect), and have them show you where we are. I'm personally planning on being there until 6, maybe later if I start talking me head off (I can do it too, these boards are proof =)

Well anyways, I hope you guys get the gist. I hope to see all of you Friday!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.